Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

High quality things that are actually made in Australia

High quality things that are actually made in Australia

Old Apr 4th 2011, 12:29 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: High quality things that are actually made in Australia

Originally Posted by verystormy
Kidding arent you. A fair few of the older guys i work with have some pretty serious water craft - up to 40fters and they all had them built in Europe and sailed it back as they reckon the build quality here is crap.
...Do I detect cracks in the hull?
Old Apr 4th 2011, 12:44 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: High quality things that are actually made in Australia

Originally Posted by Rambi
I knew Blundy were moving production off-shore and it then becomes debatable whether it's an Aussie product. Like, are Dyson vacuum cleaners a UK product anymore.
It's probably best to say that Blundstone is an Australian owned company which makes some shoes in Australia.

There was talk of Akubra moving production off-shore a couple of years ago. Not sure if they did in the end. But if they did they're not going to be much help keeping the rabbits in check.
The Akubra factory is in Kempsey, NSW. Definitely still made in AUstralia.
Old Apr 4th 2011, 1:40 am
BE Enthusiast

mpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud of

Definition of 'high quality' can be biased due to national sentiments. Better have an international peek before tagging something as high quality. There was a great 'value for money' review of the NBN lately which clarified definition of 'best' quality for many. It was tooted as best quality but ended up being reported as medium quality for highest price

Manufacturing high quality onshore blows the budget and due to Super high prices end-product isn't competitive in the international market.
Old Apr 4th 2011, 2:57 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by paulry
Well?

Paulry, are you bored?

How's the job hunt going?
Old Apr 4th 2011, 3:06 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
Paulry, are you bored?

How's the job hunt going?
I knew someone would sooner or later challenge me about this

Not finding much around to even apply for at the moment. ...But I do have a plan
Old Apr 4th 2011, 3:17 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: High quality things that are actually made in Australia

Originally Posted by mpgrewal
There was a great 'value for money' review of the NBN lately which clarified definition of 'best' quality for many. It was tooted as best quality but ended up being reported as medium quality for highest price
The operative word in this case being "reported." That report was based on an irrelevant comparison between Australia and Korea.

The argument was "Korea's network will cost less than Australia's and deliver faster speeds; therefore the NBN does not provide value for money."

This completely ignores the difference in size and population between the two countries.
Old Apr 4th 2011, 3:33 am

I knew someone would sooner or later challenge me about this

Not finding much around to even apply for at the moment. ...But I do have a plan
A plan is good. Just keep plugging away at it and the right thing will turn up soon.
Old Apr 4th 2011, 3:55 am
BE Enthusiast

mpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
This completely ignores the difference in size and population between the two countries.
and the dollar strength, taxes, carbon taxes, green's expenses and higher margin between retail price and cost price as compared to other countries.
Old Apr 4th 2011, 4:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Kidding arent you. A fair few of the older guys i work with have some pretty serious water craft - up to 40fters and they all had them built in Europe and sailed it back as they reckon the build quality here is crap.
That is a broad brush you paint with. Just because your mates where you live said this, it does not condemn the whole Australian boat building industry across Australia in all categories as crap.
Old Apr 4th 2011, 9:44 am
Forum Regular

Melbourne bound Mark is just really niceMelbourne bound Mark is just really niceMelbourne bound Mark is just really niceMelbourne bound Mark is just really niceMelbourne bound Mark is just really niceMelbourne bound Mark is just really niceMelbourne bound Mark is just really niceMelbourne bound Mark is just really nice

There is one thing that has to be 100% without fail Australian manufactured but I wouldn't buy it out of principle because the adverts are so bloody annoying. Bev F'ing Marks Bed!

She does my head in.

Anybody know of any Australian made gloves so I can go and strangle the bloody woman
Old Apr 4th 2011, 9:45 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Melbourne bound Mark
There is one thing that has to be 100% without fail Australian manufactured but I wouldn't buy it out of principle because the adverts are so bloody annoying. Bev F'ing Marks Bed!

She does my head in.

Anybody know of any Australian made gloves so I can go and strangle the bloody woman
I once tried to count the number of times she said 'Australia' in the ad but I couldn't keep up.
Old Apr 4th 2011, 12:54 pm
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute

Are Arnott's snacks actually made in Oz? If so, i nominate them, the husband and I aren't far off a full blown addiction...
Old Apr 5th 2011, 12:32 am
Banned

Originally Posted by RedT
Are Arnott's snacks actually made in Oz? If so, i nominate them, the husband and I aren't far off a full blown addiction...
They are good. I think locally produced as well
Old Apr 5th 2011, 12:35 am

They are good. I think locally produced as well
and owned by Campbell soup company... USA.
Old Apr 5th 2011, 1:46 am
Possum. Amiculum. Latrina

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute

There are some good Kiwi built steel sailing yachts around in Oz but the majority of decent sea going vessels I've seen here are German (Bavaria), Dufour and Jeanneau (France), Moody (British) and a few Halburg Rassys (Swedish)... The Aussie equivalent is basically the tinny...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.