Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

High Blood pressure HELP!!!!

High Blood pressure HELP!!!!

Old May 15th 2006, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

deb&si is on a distinguished road
Default High Blood pressure HELP!!!!

Just back from meds Hubbies blood pressure was 154/94 doc said this was too high any help appreciated, he is really worried and stressed now
Thanks for any help
DEB XXX
Old May 15th 2006, 6:31 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: High Blood pressure HELP!!!!

Originally Posted by deb&si
Just back from meds Hubbies blood pressure was 154/94 doc said this was too high any help appreciated, he is really worried and stressed now
Thanks for any help
DEB XXX
Too high for what??? To get a visa?

Tips for lowering blood pressure -

stop smoking
no caffeine
no alchohol
lose weight
stop stressing about medicals

One day I'll start taking my own advice!

Cheers

Buzzy
Old May 15th 2006, 6:32 pm
Forum Regular

Auzangel has a brilliant futureAuzangel has a brilliant futureAuzangel has a brilliant futureAuzangel has a brilliant futureAuzangel has a brilliant futureAuzangel has a brilliant futureAuzangel has a brilliant future
Default Re: High Blood pressure HELP!!!!

Hi Deb
Did the doctor say he was referring him for any further tests? If not he will probably be marked down as a Cat B, and it will be up to LCU to decide. If he has no other health issues they may not ask for further tests.
Please tell him not to worry I am sure it will be ok.
I was a cat B because of my BMI but things seem to be ok and still going ahead for us and they requested bond etc.

Thanks for any help
DEB XXX
Old May 15th 2006, 6:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

read this thread http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...blood+pressure

I'm sure Nick won't mind if you PM him
Old May 15th 2006, 7:01 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: High Blood pressure HELP!!!!

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Too high for what??? To get a visa?

Tips for lowering blood pressure -

stop smoking
no caffeine
no alchohol
lose weight
stop stressing about medicals

One day I'll start taking my own advice!

Cheers

Buzzy
Yes too high for visa
he does not smoke
not too much caffeine
no alcohol for last few weeks(But deff having a bevvie tonite)
not over weight

BUT YES STRESSED ABOUT MEDS

PANEL DOC HAS SENT A LETTER TO HUBBIES DOC, HOPEFULLY JUST WHITE COAT SYNDROME

thanks DEB
Old May 15th 2006, 7:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Auzangel
Hi Deb
Did the doctor say he was referring him for any further tests? If not he will probably be marked down as a Cat B, and it will be up to LCU to decide. If he has no other health issues they may not ask for further tests.
Please tell him not to worry I am sure it will be ok.
I was a cat B because of my BMI but things seem to be ok and still going ahead for us and they requested bond etc.
Thanks Auzangel and Wendy
He has no other health issues, and i will pm nick
DEB XXX
Old May 15th 2006, 7:04 pm
We're here and it's fab

Mark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to all

Yes too high for visa
he does not smoke
not too much caffeine
no alcohol for last few weeks(But deff having a bevvie tonite)
not over weight

BUT YES STRESSED ABOUT MEDS

PANEL DOC HAS SENT A LETTER TO HUBBIES DOC, HOPEFULLY JUST WHITE COAT SYNDROME

thanks DEB
Hi Deb

My husband's blood pressure is in the high zone, notice this drops a bit when he's off work though!! For the last 3 weeks he's been on a low fat and low salt diet and his blood pressure has dropped to within the normal range.

Might be worth considering.

Ali X
Old May 15th 2006, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

Auzangel has a brilliant futureAuzangel has a brilliant futureAuzangel has a brilliant futureAuzangel has a brilliant futureAuzangel has a brilliant futureAuzangel has a brilliant futureAuzangel has a brilliant future

Hi Deb
I am sure he will be fine, like you said probably just got worked up about the medicals, a lot of people do
He will pass

Thanks Auzangel and Wendy
He has no other health issues, and i will pm nick
DEB XXX
Old May 15th 2006, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

Tony Po has a brilliant futureTony Po has a brilliant futureTony Po has a brilliant futureTony Po has a brilliant futureTony Po has a brilliant futureTony Po has a brilliant future

Thanks for any help
DEB XXX
Defo use that Flora cholesterol reducing margarine stuff.
Bit expensive but worth it.
4 tablespoons 3 times a day should do the trick.

Dr T
Old May 15th 2006, 9:55 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Firstly dont stress we went through this with hubby....he had whitecoat....the panel doc only took his BP once when infact she should have repeated it after a time of rest.......anyways he got 24hr BP monitor and his BP was perfect...the only time it rose was when he was walking into the hospital to get the bloody thing taken off

Best of Luck and chill
H
xx
Old May 15th 2006, 10:27 pm

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of

Thanks for any help
DEB XXX

Hiya, am in the same boat just now, and yes i will eventually get my bp down, but the trouble is it all takes time, and if your like me (i've now been waiting six months ), for a visa, its visa we want , not advice on how to get my bp down (i know this, i eat too much, drink too much and don't do enough exercise, no mystery).

I have been to my gp and she said she will do tests and if these are ok she will give me a copy of the results and i can send them to the dimia, but again this will take time. I also emailed my agent to say so and i get the impression he was not happy and strongly advised me to contact the doc of orignall meds, which , being a stubborn bastard i was determined not to do, coz i know this is going to cost me mega pounds , as she will send me for a cardiology report (and by all accounts this will cost me an extra £500).

But hubby and i have discussed it and i am going to telephone her tomorrow and say just go ahead with the bloody cardiology report, coz we really, really, really, want our visa now. And at the same time, i am attending my gp.
Will let you know what happens and the cost involved

On the whole your oh bp wasn't too bad maybe it was just on the day. On the day of mine the doc said if i went to the practice nurse at my surgery and got up to 3 normal readings in a fortnight and she put it on headed notepaper i could send it to her and she would submit it with my meds and this would be fine, perhaps he could try this.

Mines is sitting at an average of 175/108, i know this coz i have been monitoring it at work now (am a nurse), so i know for certain its need treated as well as a lifestyle change.

Last edited by Margaret2; May 15th 2006 at 10:33 pm.
Old May 15th 2006, 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by Margaret2
Hiya, am in the same boat just now, and yes i will eventually get my bp down, but the trouble is it all takes time, and if your like me (i've now been waiting six months ), for a visa, its visa we want , not advice on how to get my bp down (i know this, i eat too much, drink too much and don't do enough exercise, no mystery).

I have been to my gp and she said she will do tests and if these are ok she will give me a copy of the results and i can send them to the dimia, but again this will take time. I also emailed my agent to say so and i get the impression he was not happy and strongly advised me to contact the doc of orignall meds, which , being a stubborn bastard i was determined not to do, coz i know this is going to cost me mega pounds , as she will send me for a cardiology report (and by all accounts this will cost me an extra £500).

But hubby and i have discussed it and i am going to telephone her tomorrow and say just go ahead with the bloody cardiology report, coz we really, really, really, want our visa now. And at the same time, i am attending my gp.

On the whole your oh bp wasn't too bad maybe it was just on the day. On the day of mine the doc said if i went to the practice nurse at my surgery and got up to 3 normal readings in a fortnight and she put it on headed notepaper i could send it to her and she would submit it with my meds and this would be fine, perhaps he could try this.

Mines is sitting at an average of 175/108, i know this coz i have been monitoring it at work now (am a nurse), so i know for certain its need treated as well as a lifestyle change.

Get the red wine in ya gurl that will bring it doon
Old May 15th 2006, 10:45 pm

there are sooooo many things that can put ur BP up.....do u know even talking to the Doc while u r getting it taken can put it up.....eating raises it.....talking raises it........we bought a BP monitor when we got here cos hubby had been to docs here and again got a high reading...the first doc wanted to medicate...but hubby said no, cause he knew it was just white coat. Over the last year we have been monitoring him ....he took the charts to another doc.....who said well u can quit worrying about your BP it is perfect. He also scrubbed the other docs comments off his records
Old May 16th 2006, 4:09 am

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Margaret2

HI Margaret,

I've been having problems with my BP over recent weeks and failed my medical because of it. Cutting a long story short, my GP put me on the 24-hour monitor which actually read *higher* than the one the doctor used at the medical. I should have had a referral to a cardiologist, but the GP isn't bothering. He's given me some ACE inhibitors and told me to take them for a fortnight. He expects the BP to come down to within the DIMIA levels by then, and all I have to do is monitor it daily, go back in two weeks and tell him it's within normal levels, and he'll sign the letter. He doesn't intend sending me for an ECG - he's quite happy to accept my word that one I had last year was completely normal.

Anyway, because the meds he gave me are going to give me a cough - and as I'm asthmatic, I don't want that - I've decided to try a more natural approach first. My homoeopath advised me to try crataegus (hawthorn) to get the BP down quickly; I've been taking it for a week now and it is definitely working. My BP was around your reading, but the diastolic pressure has already gone down 8 or 9mmHg, and the systolic has come down about 5mmHg. It's reckoned to bring it down to *healthy* levels in around 8 weeks, but I would like to get mine down quicker than that. Check out http://www.purplesage.org.uk/profiles/hawthorn.htm, http://www.drhoffman.com/page.cfm/165 (several alternative options discussed) for starters. There are lots of articles on the subject.

Everyone has different ways of dealing with HBP but this is one approach you could look at in addition to lifestyle changes and diet.

HTH.

Sue
Old May 16th 2006, 4:24 am

Originally Posted by Bella Donna
HI Margaret,

I've been having problems with my BP over recent weeks and failed my medical because of it. Cutting a long story short, my GP put me on the 24-hour monitor which actually read *higher* than the one the doctor used at the medical. I should have had a referral to a cardiologist, but the GP isn't bothering. He's given me some ACE inhibitors and told me to take them for a fortnight. He expects the BP to come down to within the DIMIA levels by then, and all I have to do is monitor it daily, go back in two weeks and tell him it's within normal levels, and he'll sign the letter. He doesn't intend sending me for an ECG - he's quite happy to accept my word that one I had last year was completely normal.

Anyway, because the meds he gave me are going to give me a cough - and as I'm asthmatic, I don't want that - I've decided to try a more natural approach first. My homoeopath advised me to try crataegus (hawthorn) to get the BP down quickly; I've been taking it for a week now and it is definitely working. My BP was around your reading, but the diastolic pressure has already gone down 8 or 9mmHg, and the systolic has come down about 5mmHg. It's reckoned to bring it down to *healthy* levels in around 8 weeks, but I would like to get mine down quicker than that. Check out http://www.purplesage.org.uk/profiles/hawthorn.htm, http://www.drhoffman.com/page.cfm/165 (several alternative options discussed) for starters. There are lots of articles on the subject.

Everyone has different ways of dealing with HBP but this is one approach you could look at in addition to lifestyle changes and diet.

HTH.

Sue
Hi Sue

My BP readings were high initially, because the doc used the wrong size of cuff when taking my BP....there are 3 diff sizes depending on the size of peeps arms...if the cuff is too small it gives a false HIGH. This I was told from my cardiologist. He took my BP with the correct size cuff and it was perfect

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.