Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

HIFX & Tranzfers comparison

HIFX & Tranzfers comparison

Old Jul 24th 2004, 10:31 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute
Default HIFX & Tranzfers comparison

As promised in another thread (can't remember which one) here are the results of my two transfers this week.

I arranged a currency transfer of £40k with HIFX and Tranzfers, both within a couple of minutes of each other. The Tranzfers one included the £7 charge.

HIFX gave me AU$101216.00
Tranzfers gave me AU$102442.07

The difference is $1226!

The cautionary note is that the HIFX rate is agreed at the time of the call, whereas the Tranzfers one is only set when they receive the cash from you, and obviously depends on the spot rate a day or two after your contract. In this case since the rate is creeping "up" we did better with them: in other circumstances it could be the other way around.

Interesting, though........
Old Jul 24th 2004, 10:37 am
Wee
Just Joined

Wee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: HIFX & Tranzfers comparison

thanks for that, very useful info, as i will be lodging, or should i say i am hoping to lodge the $100,000 bond within the next 8 months, so it is useful to know this info
cheers

Originally posted by Rog Williams
As promised in another thread (can't remember which one) here are the results of my two transfers this week.

I arranged a currency transfer of £40k with HIFX and Tranzfers, both within a couple of minutes of each other. The Tranzfers one included the £7 charge.

HIFX gave me AU$101216.00
Tranzfers gave me AU$102442.07

The difference is $1226!

The cautionary note is that the HIFX rate is agreed at the time of the call, whereas the Tranzfers one is only set when they receive the cash from you, and obviously depends on the spot rate a day or two after your contract. In this case since the rate is creeping "up" we did better with them: in other circumstances it could be the other way around.

Interesting, though........