Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

HIFX Minimum ammount?

Wikiposts

HIFX Minimum ammount?

Old Jun 20th 2004, 2:21 am
PENNINE ELECTRICAL

Location: Was Wakefield, Now Bayside,Capalaba, Brisbane since 2004
Darren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant future
Default HIFX Minimum ammount?

When you transfer money or `buy` with HIFX ive read on there site that you need to transfer a minimum ammount which is £20,000
Having just below that ammount and wishing to get a good rate as it is at the moment is there an alternative company or way to do it or use??
Any help would be great
And do i need an oz account to be set up first?
Im in the process of opening an HSBC account but it could take up to 6 working weeks.

Darren
Old Jun 20th 2004, 2:29 am
Forum Regular

swiss tony is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: HIFX Minimum ammount?

Originally posted by leannefr
When you transfer money or `buy` with HIFX ive read on there site that you need to transfer a minimum ammount which is £20,000
Having just below that ammount and wishing to get a good rate as it is at the moment is there an alternative company or way to do it or use??
Any help would be great
Im in the process of opening an HSBC account but it could take up to 6 working weeks.

Darren
Hi,

no need to have an Oz account set up first, they can hold the currency for you and will pay you a nominal rate of interest.

I think the minimum may actually be 5k unless you are placing a a stop or limit order - in this case the minimum is def 20k.

Ring them on Monday, they are really helpful and will explain everything you need to know. I had a long chat with them last week and learnt a lot.

Hope this helps!

Regards

ST
Old Jun 20th 2004, 2:40 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HIFX Minimum ammount?

Originally posted by leannefr
Any help would be great

Darren
Hi Daren

If this helps.................

We opened an account with the Commonwealth Bank of Oz to deposit the cash off our house sale.

No charge if you deposit over $5k and you get an interest rate of 4.5%, the interest rate may have changed now due to UK interest rate rises, don't know.

You're account is open within 5 working days but you cannot withdraw until you are in OZ.

Walla
Old Jun 20th 2004, 10:31 am
NZ or Bust!

Sazzle is an unknown quantity at this point

True, there is no charge from Commonwealth.

But you dont get the best exchange rate either...

That is where the cost is.

Compare the two, HIFX and Commonwealth and then make up your mind.

We are using a small sum thru Commonwealth to set up the account. The huge bulk will be sent through HIFX.

After all, we do want to maximise our pound/dollar efficiency