HiFx help?

Old Jul 2nd 2007, 9:00 pm
Oz Passport Holder ;)

Julez82 is on a distinguished road
Default HiFx help?

Just had a quick look at their website and selected the 'one off payment' option and then began followed the steps to open an account, until I realised that they were asking me some pretty detailed info for a one off transfer!

I only want to transfer around £3000 straight into my WestPac Bank account.

Do I need to open an account with them? Seems long winded for such a short transaction.

Can anybody tell me the difference between sending the ££ via my bank (which only costs a flat fee of £20) and using a service like HiFx?
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 9:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HiFx help?

Originally Posted by Julez82
Just had a quick look at their website and selected the 'one off payment' option and then began followed the steps to open an account, until I realised that they were asking me some pretty detailed info for a one off transfer!

I only want to transfer around £3000 straight into my WestPac Bank account.

Do I need to open an account with them? Seems long winded for such a short transaction.

Can anybody tell me the difference between sending the ££ via my bank (which only costs a flat fee of £20) and using a service like HiFx?
Hi there. Yes you would need to open an account, that is how they work. the money is transferred into their account and then transferred to your nominated bank. As far as advantagse go, HIFX normally offer a better rate of exchange than the normal high street bank, but if its only $3,000, there may not be a lot of difference.
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 11:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

gavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nice

Originally Posted by sassie
Hi there. Yes you would need to open an account, that is how they work. the money is transferred into their account and then transferred to your nominated bank. As far as advantagse go, HIFX normally offer a better rate of exchange than the normal high street bank, but if its only $3,000, there may not be a lot of difference.
Agree with Sassie.

Reason for all the questions from HiFx is UK Money Laundering Laws....

Gav
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 3:54 am
Back to WA! Yay!

mark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sassie
Use http://www.tranzfers.com/ for smaller amounts. Banks rip you on the rate and charges.