wolkediane@aol. is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hifx Has Anyone Used Them?

HI
HAS ANYONE USED THE ABOVE? ANY ADVICE RE TRANSFERRING STERLING INTO NZ DOLLARS
THANKS
Old Feb 20th 2004, 7:36 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hifx Has Anyone Used Them?

Yep we used the to transfer our funds to Oz. Very professional service and quick transfer of money. We will be usimg them again.
Old Feb 20th 2004, 9:18 am
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

we used them too and had no problems what so ever!
Old Feb 20th 2004, 9:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Rudy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

We have used them to transfer our AU$100k bond to Oz, no problems what so ever. We are however using the Commonwealth bank to do the rest of our funds over. We have put our money on a rate watch with them and they will transfer the funds when the rate hits our predetermined amount. Basically we decided to go with Commonwealth because it ruled out the middleman (broker) and we can earn interest on our funds while it sits in sterling. We would have had to be in the UK to do the transfer from our UK bank account into HIFX as well and we won't be here. Commonwealth said they would match HIFX rates as well.

Hazel.
Old Feb 20th 2004, 9:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

So, how do HIFX work? When I do a Commonwealth Bank transfer I have to go to my own bank (RBS) and submit a same day transfer request form quoting an account number etc at CBA, London. Next I phone the CBA dealer later in the day and find out what rate the money was transferred at (because at spot rate it is when the money arrives that the deal is struck). Do HIFX work similarly? We have a CBA account in Melbourne so would want funds transferred from RBS here to CBA there. Thanks in advance for any advice.

OzTennis
Old Feb 20th 2004, 10:29 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

Basically they work like this

1) Set up an account with them.
2) You can set a coupke of types of transaction (that we have used there may be more)

i) You can do a spot purchase where you buy an amount of currency at the current rate. The call is recorded to form a binding verbal contract. You then have 3 days to transfer the money to them and notify them where you want the money paid

ii) You can set a rate that you want to buy cuurency at and the amount you want to buy. When (if) the rate is achieved they buy the currency and notify you. Again you then have 3 days to transfer the money to them and notify them where you want the money paid

Notifications can be given by phone,fax or email

Hope this helps
Old Feb 20th 2004, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

jasonK944 is an unknown quantity at this point

apart from the banks and Hifix who else has anybody used. I want to move money to Australia and like to have choices.
Old Feb 20th 2004, 12:12 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by wolkediane@aol.
HI
HAS ANYONE USED THE ABOVE? ANY ADVICE RE TRANSFERRING STERLING INTO NZ DOLLARS
THANKS
We set up an account with them six months ago, and used them - in a hurry! - earlier this month. They were very efficient and handled an"emergency" transfer well. (We had to send $64k bond/second VAC in a hurry).

The only thing that grates somewhat is the overfamiliarity - I am used to calling people "Mr" and having that reciprocated: I am uncomfortable when we go first names from the getgo.
Old Feb 20th 2004, 12:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by HUP
Basically they work like this

1) Set up an account with them.
2) You can set a coupke of types of transaction (that we have used there may be more)

i) You can do a spot purchase where you buy an amount of currency at the current rate. The call is recorded to form a binding verbal contract. You then have 3 days to transfer the money to them and notify them where you want the money paid

ii) You can set a rate that you want to buy cuurency at and the amount you want to buy. When (if) the rate is achieved they buy the currency and notify you. Again you then have 3 days to transfer the money to them and notify them where you want the money paid

Notifications can be given by phone,fax or email

Hope this helps
It certainly does, thanks very much HUP (trivia - my very first car, a Morris Major Elite had the number plate HUP 786 so your username makes me think of my first car. Neil Young had a song 'Long may you run' about his first car, but mine will have gone to the rust bucket in the sky by now!) Thanks again.

OzTennis