Reload this Page >

HIFX (Halewood International)

HIFX (Halewood International)

Old Jan 9th 2004, 6:29 pm
Forum Regular

cruisey is an unknown quantity at this point
Question HIFX (Halewood International)

Hi,

We're planning to use HIFX to transfer our money to Oz (sterling to dollars) in April this year. Has anyone used them at all? I'd love to here what you think of them (probably being over paranoid, but it's our life savings).

C.
Old Jan 9th 2004, 8:45 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HIFX (Halewood International)

Originally posted by cruisey
Hi,

We're planning to use HIFX to transfer our money to Oz (sterling to dollars) in April this year. Has anyone used them at all? I'd love to here what you think of them (probably being over paranoid, but it's our life savings).

C.
Sent you a Privaate Message. Regards.
Old Jan 9th 2004, 9:52 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

we're considering using them too. Our agent reckons they're very reliable and they sound professional enough but like you, we are concerned thay they will be handling every financial transaction for us. So any experiences I too would love to hear about.
Old Jan 9th 2004, 10:12 pm
owieb

Default Re: HIFX (Halewood International)

Originally posted by cruisey
Hi,

C.
We've used them for all our transactions. They have been very good. The process is quick and easy and it's good fun to do a bit of haggling on rates etc.

I'm not really sure how they compare (rate wise) to other companies, but everything can be done over the phone and via email and the money arrives in a few days.

Their rates are certainly better than any bank rates, obviously it's dependant on how much you are bringing over, but we even use them for small amounts.

I'd be interested to know what other people have thought of them and how they compare.

IMO I'd highly recommend them.

Old Jan 10th 2004, 12:31 am
Forum Regular

cookies is an unknown quantity at this point

We used them twice before arriving here and their service was excelent. I cannot comment on how competitive they were as I didn't do too much resarch, but their margin was at leat 2 cents in the pound below what the market was saying.

We still have most of our funds in the UK - good to see their was a good rise in the market last night. We are still biding our time and I will do more research next time in deciding how I will get my sterling out here.

Steve
Old Jan 10th 2004, 12:38 am
Life's a beach

St George Six is just really niceSt George Six is just really niceSt George Six is just really niceSt George Six is just really niceSt George Six is just really niceSt George Six is just really niceSt George Six is just really niceSt George Six is just really nice

We used their services twice and will use them again, they were great.

cheers Kev.
Old Jan 10th 2004, 4:32 am
Forum Regular

cookies is an unknown quantity at this point

Kev

Have you used them from Australia, or were your dealings with them from UK? Just thinking of the time spent on the phone speaking to them and organising getting them the sterling.

Steve
Old Jan 10th 2004, 5:15 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

I believe a Sydney office is due to open imminently ...

Best regards.

Originally posted by cookies
We used them twice before arriving here and their service was excelent. I cannot comment on how competitive they were as I didn't do too much resarch, but their margin was at leat 2 cents in the pound below what the market was saying.

We still have most of our funds in the UK - good to see their was a good rise in the market last night. We are still biding our time and I will do more research next time in deciding how I will get my sterling out here.

Steve
Old Jan 10th 2004, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

cruisey is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks all. It's good to know people have used them and they've delivered the goods, I've always been given a good impression when speeking to them. My wife read an article in the Times not long ago about people emigrating, and the article recommended using HIFX too.

Cheers,

C.
Old Jan 10th 2004, 8:15 am
owieb

Originally posted by cookies
Kev

Have you used them from Australia, or were your dealings with them from UK? Just thinking of the time spent on the phone speaking to them and organising getting them the sterling.

Steve
We use them from Australia and haven't had any problems. A quick phone call to them to get the rate and the contract is sent via email. Ring the UK bank to transfer the funds and a few days later it's in the Australian account. You can do the whole thing in a few minutes!

Old Jan 10th 2004, 8:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Juls is an unknown quantity at this point

We used them and they were very efficient the only thing we had to do was set up a Australian bank account. Hope it all goes well for you and you get a good rate of exchange.

Juls
Old Jan 10th 2004, 11:53 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone know if they handle regular, relatively small, payments - such as a UK pension?

My pension fund will remit funds to Oz every month (for £2 pm) but send the money as ££, leaving the Oz bank to make the exchange. Could be a bad deal.