Reload this Page >

Hibee has arrived in Oz

Hibee has arrived in Oz

Old Nov 14th 2002, 12:57 am
Forum Regular

hibee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hibee has arrived in Oz

Hi to any old timers or new ones.

We have been in Oz 6 weeks now and love it . We have rented a property in Belmont which is a suburb of Geelong right on the coast and about a hour from Melbourne. Kids have started at Belmont High and absolutely love it people have been so freindly and they have lots of friends already. We like the place that much that we are looking at buying a property already , although prices have rocketed a bit in this particular area . You can go further out in the country and still get land and a house for a reasonable price.

Still in the tourist mode and have just started looking for work may have to look for something casual until i get my TRA. i DONT KNOW IF ANYBOY IS AWARE BUT EVEN THOUGH YOUR TRADE HAS BEEN RECOGNISED DURING THE MIGRATION PROCESS YOU STILL HAVE TO APPLY AGAIN WHEN YOU ARRIVE IN OZ WHICH COSTS $100, AND YOU MAY HAVE TO SIT AN EXAM WHICH COST AFURTHER $250. BIT OF A CON IF YOU ASK ME.

JOANNE IF YOU COME ONLINE GET IN TOUCH HOPE EVERYTHING WENT WELL WITH THE MOVE

Regards
Jamie
Old Nov 14th 2002, 7:39 am
Forum Regular

dm543 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm jealouse. I land in Sydney in 2 weeks, but I wanna be there now!
Old Nov 14th 2002, 11:18 am
BE Enthusiast

sophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nice

welcome back Hibee!!

We've been in Perth for about 2 months now and, like you, have settled in wonderfully well.

You'll probably find the site is not what it once was a lot of people are in transit/without computers etc and I think others have just given this forum up as a bad job...which is a real shame as it used to be a great site for likeminded people....

Ah well, there's always the Expats barbies eh?

love sophia xx
Old Nov 14th 2002, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

shamer is an unknown quantity at this point

Well done, you old East Coaster (former). I am glad to hear you made it. I applied around the same time as you, but waiting till literally the last minute before we arrive (Sydney, March 2003). You will be glad to know that Bonnie Scotchland is bloody freezing, grey and wet as usual. I agree with Sophia, this site has changed alot, negative vibes man and piss takers. Great to hear from you, and I hope you good luck continues.

shamer

p.s Big Bert Konterman, Hand of god or what!!! hee-hee
Old Nov 14th 2002, 2:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ginny is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hibee has arrived in Oz

Originally posted by hibee
Hi to any old timers or new ones.

We have been in Oz 6 weeks now and love it . We have rented a property in Belmont which is a suburb of Geelong right on the coast and about a hour from Melbourne. Kids have started at Belmont High and absolutely love it people have been so freindly and they have lots of friends already. We like the place that much that we are looking at buying a property already , although prices have rocketed a bit in this particular area . You can go further out in the country and still get land and a house for a reasonable price.

Still in the tourist mode and have just started looking for work may have to look for something casual until i get my TRA. i DONT KNOW IF ANYBOY IS AWARE BUT EVEN THOUGH YOUR TRADE HAS BEEN RECOGNISED DURING THE MIGRATION PROCESS YOU STILL HAVE TO APPLY AGAIN WHEN YOU ARRIVE IN OZ WHICH COSTS $100, AND YOU MAY HAVE TO SIT AN EXAM WHICH COST AFURTHER $250. BIT OF A CON IF YOU ASK ME.

JOANNE IF YOU COME ONLINE GET IN TOUCH HOPE EVERYTHING WENT WELL WITH THE MOVE

Regards
Jamie
Hi there,

Glad to see everything's going well. Is Belmont near Newton by any chance? We're going to validate next June and I have rellies in that area that I'm going to visit.

Hope the tourist mode keeps going a little while longer. Have fun and keep us all posted.

Regards

Ginny
Old Nov 22nd 2002, 6:19 pm
huge,throbbing member

baldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nice

hi mate-well done jammy *"!$^&*
Old Nov 22nd 2002, 8:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the rough

Ah I could try and picture the scene...the sunshine, the sizzle of the steaks on the barbie...the ice cold lager just dying to be drunk.......but I cant....its too damn cold, raining and 'orrible at the moment in Blighty!!!

Really glad everything is going okay keep us posted with how things are going.
Old Nov 23rd 2002, 12:19 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hibee has arrived in Oz

Hi Ginny.

Yep, Belmont is a short hop across the Barwon River from Newtown - head down Shannon Avenue, over the river to the Barrabool Road roundabout, straight over into Mount Pleasant Road and Belmont is about 2k's!

Best regards (from Wandana Heights, Newtown until 2 weeks ago).

Originally posted by Ginny
Hi there,

Glad to see everything's going well. Is Belmont near Newton by any chance? We're going to validate next June and I have rellies in that area that I'm going to visit.

Hope the tourist mode keeps going a little while longer. Have fun and keep us all posted.

Regards

Ginny
Old Dec 4th 2002, 11:02 pm
Forum Regular

Default Problems with posting

Hi Guys ,
Sorry i have taken so long to reply but i have been having problems posting on this forum. sussed it now though.

ginny- as allan has explained newtown is very near and is the posh area of Geelong very nice though also very pricey

Shamer - I have heard from rellies about the good old scottish winter.

Sophia - Glad to hear you are enjoying Perth Did you know Joanne (jopaulss) she moved to Perth around middle of October Ihave sent her a mail but no reply, still she may not be linked up yet.

Regards
Jamie.
Old Dec 5th 2002, 7:51 am
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

hi...
joanne is having computer problems at the mo...i am in contact with her though and she is ok..
i have put sophia and jo in contact and they get on fine..i think. jo needed a bit of moral support...u know how it is when u first get to oz and have nobody to chat to....
Old Dec 5th 2002, 12:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

sophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nice

Hi Jamie

Yep, Yvsie is right, Joanne is still having computer problems. But they are all fine; we've met up a few times now. I will be seeing her next week so if you want to PM your details I will make sure she gets them.

love sophia xx
Old Dec 5th 2002, 11:57 pm
Forum Regular

Default Joanne

Originally posted by yvsie
hi...
joanne is having computer problems at the mo...i am in contact with her though and she is ok..
i have put sophia and jo in contact and they get on fine..i think. jo needed a bit of moral support...u know how it is when u first get to oz and have nobody to chat to....

Thanks for your reply, glad to hear joanne, paul and family are well
once she is up and running i.m sure she will get in touch. Nice that you put sophia in touch cause it is tough when you fist arrive if you dont know anyone.

Regards
Jamie.