Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Hi, thought id introduce myself and ask for help!

Wikiposts

Hi, thought id introduce myself and ask for help!

Old Jul 9th 2007, 8:32 am
Forum Regular

ozzydreamer will become famous soon enoughozzydreamer will become famous soon enough
Default Hi, thought id introduce myself and ask for help!

Hi everyone, Im 22 and live in South East England with my partner who is 24. I work as a Nanny/Childminder and my oh is a CNC Engineer. My oh mentioned a while ago about the idea of going to Australia for a few years to work, and now I cant get it out of my mind. But Im thinking of in maybe 4 or 5 yearss time as Id like to start a family first and save up enough 'back up money'!

Just thought id introduce myself as im sure I will be lurking for a while!

Right then, some questions I have if anyone is bored!:

I have no idea about the different areas of Australia, where is good/bad places to go? Good for Engineers or Childminding? Good for cheap rental homes?

What is the weather like? Where abouts is it hottest and coolest, or ideally in between!

How soon should you apply for a visa etc. before you want to go? Ie how long does it all take?

How much savings do you think is a safe bet to go with?

If for instance you are pregnant or get pregnant over there, do you automatically get transfered onto the smp and rules over there?

What is this medicare stuff and what does it cost?

How much roughly does it cost to apply and do the whole visa and medical process etc?

That had beter do for now
Old Jul 9th 2007, 9:01 am
Forum Regular

ozzydreamer will become famous soon enoughozzydreamer will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Hi, thought id introduce myself and ask for help!

Ok Ok, I wont ask any more questions, Im guessing by the amount of views and no replies that I put everyone off

Ill read up info first
Old Jul 9th 2007, 9:09 am
Banned

rooboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ozzydreamer
Hi everyone, Im 22 and live in South East England with my partner who is 24. I work as a Nanny/Childminder and my oh is a CNC Engineer. My oh mentioned a while ago about the idea of going to Australia for a few years to work, and now I cant get it out of my mind. But Im thinking of in maybe 4 or 5 yearss time as Id like to start a family first and save up enough 'back up money'!

I have no idea about the different areas of Australia, where is good/bad places to go? Good for Engineers or Childminding? Good for cheap rental homes?

What is the weather like? Where abouts is it hottest and coolest, or ideally in between!

How soon should you apply for a visa etc. before you want to go? Ie how long does it all take?

If for instance you are pregnant or get pregnant over there, do you automatically get transfered onto the smp and rules over there?

How much roughly does it cost to apply and do the whole visa and medical process etc?

The coldest state is Tasmania, almost the same weather as England, but not as much rain. Victoria and southern NSW including Canberra also cold during winter and snows in some parts . Spring nice and mild 20's .However gets hot for around 3 months of the year during summer. Perth, Adelaide and Sydney are warmer more of a Medditerainian climate, mild winters hot summers but not humid.Then Brisbane and Queensland half the year is like English summer low 20's then other half of the year hot and humid.

Last edited by rooboy; Jul 9th 2007 at 9:14 am.
Old Jul 9th 2007, 9:16 am
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

CNC they will love you mate they are in desperate shortage out there for operators and programmers and i presume they will some of you guys out there to fix them too

God luck in whatever you do and use this place for anything you need to ask.

Old Jul 9th 2007, 9:20 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Ok Ok, I wont ask any more questions, Im guessing by the amount of views and no replies that I put everyone off

Ill read up info first
More likely we're all in bed! Your first post was at 6.30am Queensland time! First lesson of getting a visa is patience

Welcome to BE by the way!
Old Jul 11th 2007, 10:01 am
Forum Regular

Hi everyone, thanks for all your replies, especially the weather one, as that is really important. Ive been doing lots of research and know more about Australia than I do of England!

Im sure I will be asking more questions soon!