Hi There

Old Apr 27th 2007, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

LM109 is on a distinguished road
Smile Hi There

Just registered and wanted to say HI. I've had the skills assessment done and the WA migration unit is processing the nomination for a STNI (137). Should hear something by the end of next week and then I'll sort everything else out for the visa application.
On the character form it asks about previous employers and 3 of mine (many years ago 83 - 87) are no longer in existence . Has anyone had this problem and any advice would be really appreciated as to what I do about this. Thanks in advance
Lisa
Old Apr 27th 2007, 7:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi There

HI

Sorry can't help with your question, just like to welcome you to the forum
I'm sure someone will be along shortly to help
Old Apr 27th 2007, 7:53 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

same here cant help but welcome to the forum
Old Apr 27th 2007, 8:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

dottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud ofdottyspots has much to be proud of

Can't help with the question, but hi anyway

Someone more useful will doubtless be along shortly...
Old Apr 27th 2007, 9:08 pm

Ruby slippers is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome...can't help much either, do you have a migration agent or are you going it alone??
Old Apr 27th 2007, 9:14 pm
Work to Live!

brido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by LM109
Just registered and wanted to say HI. I've had the skills assessment done and the WA migration unit is processing the nomination for a STNI (137). Should hear something by the end of next week and then I'll sort everything else out for the visa application.
On the character form it asks about previous employers and 3 of mine (many years ago 83 - 87) are no longer in existence . Has anyone had this problem and any advice would be really appreciated as to what I do about this. Thanks in advance
Lisa
Hi,go into the immigration forum and type in character reference in the search thread dropdown tab and im sure something will come up.

Good luck with your application.
Old Apr 27th 2007, 9:19 pm
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Where abouts in Rochdale are you - we are in Littleborough - i am quite surprised at how many people are on here from sunny Rochdale - well i'm not actually - we are hoping to escape as well one day - just trying to find the right way to get over to Australia at the moment - anyway just wanted to say good luck with your application.
Sam
Old Apr 27th 2007, 9:25 pm
Forum Regular

BandiCoot2Oz is an unknown quantity at this point

Lisa
If the places you worked are no longer avail to you i think that you can get statutory statements from a previous employee of the company. Hope this helps a bit.

Steve
Old Apr 27th 2007, 9:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

kezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by BandiCoot2Oz
If the places you worked are no longer avail to you i think that you can get statutory statements from a previous employee of the company. Hope this helps a bit.

Steve
Yes that's what we did, failing that just write a brief statement of what you did and explain companies no longer exist.
Old Apr 27th 2007, 10:00 pm
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

The_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud of

Hi Lisa, again, sorry can't help, but welcome to the BE Forums We are also 137 STNI WA, not many of us about!!

A couple of my wife's previous employers were no longer trading & If I remember rightly we contacted 'Companies House' & got some info about them, but that was for the TRA and most of the stuff we had for TRA got duplicated for Visa.

Not much help I'm afraid!

Chris
Old Apr 28th 2007, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

LM109 is on a distinguished road
Smile Thanks

Thanks for the advice. I'm doing this without a migration agent, all the forms are giving me a bit of a headache though Since I started all this I've been surprised that so many people I know are thinking of migrating
Well I live in the Quensway area, so I'm not too far from Littleborough.
I've emailed Dimia and they have just suggested that I give them a ring about previous employers, so I'll let you all know how that goes. Has anyone had medicals in Manchester and how long does it usually take for the police clearance?

Lisa
Old Apr 28th 2007, 9:10 am
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Lisa, welcome to forums!

We had medicals in manchester me, hubby and 2 kids, with Dr Smith in John Street, (i think its called) just off Deansgate. Did medicals and xrays together on site.

Police checks usually are back within 40 days.

Good luck!

Jackie x
Old Apr 28th 2007, 9:14 am
BE Enthusiast

woogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nice

Just wanted to say Hi to fellow Rochdalian - or ex-rochdalian We lived in Wardle for 8 years.
Good luck with your application, I'm sure you'll get it sorted
Old Apr 28th 2007, 9:49 am
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Thanks

Thanks for the advice. I'm doing this without a migration agent, all the forms are giving me a bit of a headache though Since I started all this I've been surprised that so many people I know are thinking of migrating
Well I live in the Quensway area, so I'm not too far from Littleborough.
I've emailed Dimia and they have just suggested that I give them a ring about previous employers, so I'll let you all know how that goes. Has anyone had medicals in Manchester and how long does it usually take for the police clearance?

Lisa
Hi Lisa,
we came over from Manchester on a 137 visa as well. cant help with your first question sorry but We had our Medicals in Salford, There are loads on here who had their meds in Manchester so just do a search and you will find loads. Police clearance has to take 40 days or less. Ours took exactly 40 days but some people get theirs back a bit quicker. Best of luck with your application. What skill are you coming over with?
Tracie
Old Apr 28th 2007, 10:46 am
BE Enthusiast

maggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond repute

Lisa

If you go to your local tax office they will have a record of your employment and will happily give you a letter to confirm you worked for these companies.

Mags

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.