Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

hi from tauranga nz

hi from tauranga nz

Old May 21st 2003, 10:46 am
Forum Regular

janweb is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks so much for replying. Is that $30 a week or per session?
Did he settle ok? What did you do on the flight to keep him amused?
Old May 21st 2003, 3:28 pm

cinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud of

Originally posted by janweb

Jan,

Don't worry about the flight. All 3 children will be fine, I think they find it easier than the adults. They seem to have plenty of room. Re your smallest, you may find the he / she will sleep alot. We went to NZ & OZ last year with 3 childre, at the time aged 7, 5 & 18 months. The baby did sleep alot so that was good, I did take some toys and books and the other two were happy drawing, playing the onboard games, listening to walkman, sneaking through the curtain and going to the toilets in Business class to see what goodies they could come back with. Just a big adventure.
Old May 21st 2003, 3:29 pm

cinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud of

Originally posted by janweb

Jan,

Don't worry about the flight. All 3 children will be fine, I think they find it easier than the adults. They seem to have plenty of room. Re your smallest, you may find the he / she will sleep alot. We went to NZ & OZ last year with 3 childre, at the time aged 7, 5 & 18 months. The baby did sleep alot so that was good, I did take some toys and books and the other two were happy drawing, playing the onboard games, listening to walkman, sneaking through the curtain and going to the toilets in Business class to see what goodies they could come back with. Just a big adventure.
Old May 22nd 2003, 6:58 am
Forum Regular

firing1 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi,
yes it's $30 per week and sam settled in fine.we are lucky as our kids are good travellers. sam just sleeps and watches the cartoons. when we got off the plane in nz he got upset because we weren't going on another one!
Old May 22nd 2003, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

janweb is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
Thanks for replies. Who did you fly with and where did you stopover?

Jan
Old May 23rd 2003, 6:55 am
Forum Regular

we flew with united airlines the tv screens in the back of each seat help with the kids but i don't think air new zealand have them.
Old May 24th 2003, 9:34 pm
Just Joined

Jackee is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Hello from Coventry

Hello to Paul and Julie (Sam and Zoe)

This is my first mailing so I hope I get it right ! Have watched 'the' programme more than once as we are from Coventry too and we are hoping to relocate to Christchurch. The Specials 'ghost town' snippet was a good touch ! Do you miss the place ?? We couldn't figure out where exactly you lived over here ? We both went to Binley Park school and lived in the Binley area then. I am really pleased that everything is working out for you all. We have 2 children (7 and 1) and are hoping to move to NZ for exactly the same reasons as you. The house sale is really scarey - hope you sell really soon. We have same problem to face. Anyway won't write more (in case this doesn't get to you !)
Old May 25th 2003, 4:31 am
Forum Regular

hi ,
it's great to here from someone from the hometown,yeah we do miss some parts of coventry (colosseum nightclub, bands etc)
we have just had another offer in on the house which is great news and the business here is going well.
keep in touch and let us know how you get on.
oh yeah we lived on the new hawkesbury farm estate next to sutton stop (canal).

paul
Old May 25th 2003, 9:38 am
Badge

Default Re: New Zealand Visa

Originally posted by Kiwipaul
Hi

You need citizenship of Oz before you can move to NZ to live and work. Your wife wouldn't have a problem if she has Oz citizenship, but I'm not sure about your with just PR.

When I moved to NZ from UK with PR I had to get visas to holiday in Oz, it's only when I got citizenship and a NZ passport I didn't have to worry about visas.

I believe the previous poster is wrong in that respect.
AFAIK Aus PR essentially gives you NZ PR...as of course does Aus citizenship - AUs have tightened up the reciprocal rules as of 2001..

2 for the price of one, eh?

badgers

Old Jun 4th 2003, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

Coventry is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya Paul and Julie
We are from Keresley in Coventry and going through the process with FourCorners for a long term buisness visa, as we never had enough points like yourselfs, we were stuck until we saw the show, and we got the idea of buying a franchise.
We are thinking about moving to Christchurch and buying a franchise there.
Is there any advice you can give us as you have gone through the same things we are going through?
any advice you can give us would be appreciated. Is the buisness now picking up as you have been out there a while? and have you sold your house here in Coventry?
all the best

Carol and Steve
Old Jun 5th 2003, 5:28 am
Forum Regular

hi ,
i'm from keresley as well, hallbrook road !
no our house hasn't sold yet but is under offer. a franchise is a good way to go but make sure you choose the right one. car care franchisees are doing well in auckland and hawkesbay but we are struggling here. i think it would work well in christchurch though!
because we haven't got the cushion of money from our house sale we are having to try and live off the business here and at the moment we aren't making enough money so if something doesn't change in the next few months we may have to move back to the uk. so be careful what franchise you choose and bring enough money to get you through the first 6 months at least!
nz is great and hopefully we won't be forced to come home it all depends on the estate agents back home.
Old Jun 5th 2003, 5:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Wilf is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by firing1
hi ,
no our house hasn't sold yet but is under offer. a franchise is a good way to go but make sure you choose the right one. car care franchisees are doing well in auckland and hawkesbay but we are struggling here. i think it would work well in christchurch though!
because we haven't got the cushion of money from our house sale we are having to try and live off the business here and at the moment we aren't making enough money so if something doesn't change in the next few months we may have to move back to the uk. so be careful what franchise you choose and bring enough money to get you through the first 6 months at least!
nz is great and hopefully we won't be forced to come home it all depends on the estate agents back home.
Sorry to hear your troubles. I have heard it too many times before, both here and NZ over the years.
Old Jun 5th 2003, 6:00 am
Forum Regular

Coventry is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by firing1
hi ,
We are from edward road small world really - do you think you chose the wrong franchise? from what you said on tv the concept of car valeting hadn't been explored in NZ so seemed a brill opportunity.
Old Jun 5th 2003, 10:04 pm
NZ bound Jan 04

monkeyman1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone, Im new after recently stumbling onto the site. Me (Steve) and Lisa (my wife) and the kids are going to NZ for a couple of wks in Jul/Aug. We are seriously considering immigrating as Im stuck in rut over here (Plymouth) going nowhere very slowly, I’ve just turned 30 and started reviewing my life and coincidently started speaking to a number of people who have lived in NZ or have visited. No one has had anything negative to say, even friend and family weve told have only been positive. I have only just recently caught the NZ Get a new life programme on BBC2 that a friend recorded I made my family watch it and now they have the bug. The next week the flights were booked and we are all looking forward to visiting . We have 5 days in Auckland and 7 in Tauranga. The gamble of going without seeing it for ourselves was too much. We have picked NZ winter cause we wanted to see it at its worst.

To firing1 – Paul

congratulations to you and your family and remember if it gets hard (financially and homesickness) rewind your head back to this time last year and hopefully realise that you are now living your dream. We are a similar family with a young boy (5) and a girl of (9) and we are crossing our fingers for you and Julie sell the house and get the cash boost soon. You have all been an inspiration.

To Ratliffe - Gavin

When are you going and under what visa?

Cheers

Steve
Old Jun 6th 2003, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

cheers everyone, yeah i was a bit down yesterday but we are going to make the business work. in reality it is working we are growing every month and there are always opportunities. it's just the fact that we haven't got the cushion of money from our house sale in the uk yet. the car care franchise is a good one and is working throughout new zealand and australia. in reality we only need a couple more regular contracts and we will be ok so we are not coming back to the uk yet.
gavin hows the house sale going and the family who are coming to tauranga in july/aug send me a private message and we'll arrange to meet you when you come to tauranga.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.