Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

hi from tauranga nz

hi from tauranga nz

Old Jul 21st 2004, 7:03 am
Forum Regular

firing1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Daisy,
thanks for buying the book ! The Car Care business is doing really well (a little to well as I'm working 7 days a week at the moment) Backbeat is doing well but unfortunately we had to sell it after only being open for three months as the bands virtually ignored it. I sold it to a guy who needed office space but also liked the idea of having a studio for bands. He was in a better financial position to us so has added a recording studio and is doing well. I still see him and give him advice. We had the launch of the first Backbeat cd at Brewers Bar ( where I now promote bands at weekends) last week. My aim is to eventually work full time in the NZ music industry getting Kiwi bands overseas. Keep checking my Journal on my website as I update it each week. www.newlifeinnz.bravehost.com
Cheers

Paul
Old Jul 26th 2004, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

firing1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,
went to Raglan at the weekend for the first time and was really impressed with the surf. A bit too cold for me to go in without a wetsuit though. The weather was great and i've put some photo's on my website so check it out www.newlifeinnz.bravehost.com There's some stuff on the earthquake we had here in the BAY on the journal as well.

Paul
Old Oct 14th 2004, 10:20 am
Just Joined

Jo Jones is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: hi from tauranga nz

Hi Paul

(Sorry feel I know you from the programme, and your book, and the messages I have just read).

I am from Birmingham so not to far from Coventry, and having thought of moving before your programme and book, we are now going to see the Emigraton group next week.

How is it all going, is it a good idea, I want to do it, nothing ventured nothing gained, and regret is the worst thing, but the whole idea scares me and excites me.

How will my 7 year old settle, and me, how do you decide where to go, going round in circles.

My husband (been to lots of clubs in coventry), so positive, and says lets go for it, if is is not right we come back after 2 years.

You are well into your second year. how is it all now, and would you do it again. Any ideas on how to choose a location? School? etc.

Thanks for your inspiration, now I have just got to get to grips with the idea.

jo