Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Hi from Perth (at last!)

Hi from Perth (at last!)

Old Nov 8th 2004, 4:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hi from Perth (at last!)

Hi guys
We've been in Perth since October 16th and have finally got online today. The clock is ticking (hubby has given me just 20 minutes, lots to do) so I will try to fill you all in on what we've been up to!
We managed to get to the meet in Kings Park, arrived late and spent most of the time fretting as sprog was a bit poorly. It was great to meet everyone, put some new names to faces and catch up with some familiar ones.
We stayed in central Perth (Como) for the first 10 days, with friends. It's a lovely area, good amenities etc., but very pricey. We then hired a car and explored from Yancep down to Falcon, then out to Yarrahdale.
We then decided to stay North of the river, since most of our friends are up there. Looking for a rental was hard... you have to drive around looking at houses from the outside, before arranging to view internally with the agent. We were pretty limited as our cat was due to come out of quarantine, many of the new rentals won't take animals... must be the new carpets etc. The kids didn't take to well to driving around all over the place.
Picked up the cat from Byford, the workers there were really friendly and he was well looked after. They recommended building a "cat garden" outside, but at the mo we still haven't let him outside.
We settled for a cheap 3 bedder in Joondalup, carpets a bit tatty, flyscreens are still waiting to be fixed. Discovered loads of cockies in the kitchen, mortein bombed the place and came back to find a scene of carnage... loads of dead creepy crawlies all over the place! Good job we bought a good hoover, it has been great for hoovering up spiders!
Our daughter has started school, seems to like it, kids are friendly but has been moaning about the work being too easy.
Have been into Perth by train several times, really pleased with the service. Perth is pretty clean, haven't done much touristy stuff as we have been just too busy.
Can't think of much else to say, but I'm sure more will come to me... will be glad to answer any questions on Northern Perth if I'm able!
Old Nov 8th 2004, 4:56 am
Go Banana's !!

Default Re: Hi from Perth (at last!)

Sounds like a real whirlwind Larissa.

I know you got here before me but welcome to Perth !

Good luck with the settling in.

Warren

Old Nov 8th 2004, 5:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Go Banana's !!
Sounds like a real whirlwind Larissa.

I know you got here before me but welcome to Perth !

Good luck with the settling in.

Warren
Cheers Warren, when did you arrive? I had in my head that you wouldn't be here for ages!
PS Will ring Jill soon, must get to a coffee arvo soon, or I will go insane lol!
Hope you enjoy Perth!
Old Nov 8th 2004, 5:23 am
Go Banana's !!

Originally Posted by Larissa
Cheers Warren, when did you arrive? I had in my head that you wouldn't be here for ages!
PS Will ring Jill soon, must get to a coffee arvo soon, or I will go insane lol!
Hope you enjoy Perth!
Hi Larissa,

I arrived on the 28th October but my feet haven't touched the ground since what with meetings all the gang and Jill showing me all the things she's chosen for the house, not to mention looking at the block of sand we bought ready to build.

I'm just starting to look for a job this week and have an interview with an agent tomorrow and hopefully another next week.

Look forward to meeting you at a "do" sometime but it won't be at a Coffee morning as I'm banned from attending - its a girl thing ! Jill is out with a couple of them today just window shopping - I hope !!

Warren

Old Nov 8th 2004, 7:49 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Larissa!!!!!!!!

Nearly missed this post!

We're going to have a girls night out to the new Bridget Jones film soon!(next week sometime!)
Speak to you soon!

Simone
Old Nov 8th 2004, 10:01 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

hi larrissa,
was wondering how you were getting on!!!
nice to hear you are getting sorted....keep us posted!

sue
Old Nov 8th 2004, 10:09 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Hi Larissa,

Great to hear that you're there & sorted! Sounds like there'll be a good social scene to get involved in too - will be good for helping to get settled.

Hope you all have a very happy life in Perth (including the cat of course!)!

Cheers,
Anya.
Old Nov 8th 2004, 10:20 am
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there Larissa,

Good to hear you're settling in OK. Keep us posted on how you get on.

D D
Old Nov 8th 2004, 11:52 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Larissa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hiya matey!!!!!! Glad to hear you all arrived ok. Did all your gear arrive in one piece? Good to hear Eloise has made some friends, makes life so much easier when your kids are happy!! Keep us all posted.

Take care

Petra
Old Nov 8th 2004, 12:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by artep
Larissa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hiya matey!!!!!! Glad to hear you all arrived ok. Did all your gear arrive in one piece? Good to hear Eloise has made some friends, makes life so much easier when your kids are happy!! Keep us all posted.

Take care

Petra
Petra!!!!!!!!! Was wondering how you were getting on, Lisa told me about the house, hope it's all going well. Have got some lovely (cheap!) red wine in a cask, keep drinking it each night for medicinal reasons lol Had some breakages, mainly crockery, but haven't opened all the boxes yet and not planning on opening some as we have a 6 month contract and may move again after that.
Take care, will pm ya soon
Larissa
Old Nov 8th 2004, 1:50 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Larissa,

Glad you are getting settled at last! Keep us posted with things - I was only wondering about you and Arlene the other week, then she pm'd me, and you've got online! Yippee! Welcome back!!!
Old Nov 8th 2004, 1:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Larissa,
just seen this thread.
Sooo glad to hear you've arrived safely and found somewhere to live. Isn't Kings Park a lovely place. I hope you settle in quickly and your daughter makes lots of new friends at school.
Helen
Old Nov 8th 2004, 2:05 pm
Go Banana's !!

sent you a pm

Jill

Old Nov 8th 2004, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

suecroft will become famous soon enoughsuecroft will become famous soon enough

Thats great.
Where abouts are you in joondalup ?
Have you been to the leisure centre yet ? and which school ?

Loads of questions - sorry, we go in Feb, hoping for Iluka or Currambine but probably can't afford it.
Our son is 10, getting quite excited about going to school in Oz. Not sure which school though until we find somewhere to live.

Joondalup seemed like a nice place when I was out there in Sept. I prefer North Perth to South.

Good luck.

Sue
Old Jan 19th 2005, 1:01 am
Just Joined

astone is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Larissa
Hi guys
We've been in Perth since October 16th and have finally got online today. The clock is ticking (hubby has given me just 20 minutes, lots to do) so I will try to fill you all in on what we've been up to!
We managed to get to the meet in Kings Park, arrived late and spent most of the time fretting as sprog was a bit poorly. It was great to meet everyone, put some new names to faces and catch up with some familiar ones.
We stayed in central Perth (Como) for the first 10 days, with friends. It's a lovely area, good amenities etc., but very pricey. We then hired a car and explored from Yancep down to Falcon, then out to Yarrahdale.
We then decided to stay North of the river, since most of our friends are up there. Looking for a rental was hard... you have to drive around looking at houses from the outside, before arranging to view internally with the agent. We were pretty limited as our cat was due to come out of quarantine, many of the new rentals won't take animals... must be the new carpets etc. The kids didn't take to well to driving around all over the place.
Picked up the cat from Byford, the workers there were really friendly and he was well looked after. They recommended building a "cat garden" outside, but at the mo we still haven't let him outside.
We settled for a cheap 3 bedder in Joondalup, carpets a bit tatty, flyscreens are still waiting to be fixed. Discovered loads of cockies in the kitchen, mortein bombed the place and came back to find a scene of carnage... loads of dead creepy crawlies all over the place! Good job we bought a good hoover, it has been great for hoovering up spiders!
Our daughter has started school, seems to like it, kids are friendly but has been moaning about the work being too easy.
Have been into Perth by train several times, really pleased with the service. Perth is pretty clean, haven't done much touristy stuff as we have been just too busy.
Can't think of much else to say, but I'm sure more will come to me... will be glad to answer any questions on Northern Perth if I'm able!

hi larissa,
hope you dont mind me replying I havent been on here for 4 months we arrived in Perth on Oct 27 after a non starter in Sydney for 3 weeks.We are renting in Kallaroo and at the moment i am so terribly home sick and going through the "What the Hell have i done" stage.Feeling very lonely and would really love to meet new friends or else I am going to spiral further into oblivion.Thedream hasnt turned out exactly has we imagined. I have 3 boys age 11,14,16 they love it although are abit apprehensive about the schools here.I know its early days and just need to get myself through it.
Thanks for listening
astone

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.