Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Hi new to british expats

Hi new to british expats

Old Jan 7th 2008, 6:09 pm
Forum Regular

Paula Cox has much to be proud ofPaula Cox has much to be proud ofPaula Cox has much to be proud ofPaula Cox has much to be proud ofPaula Cox has much to be proud ofPaula Cox has much to be proud ofPaula Cox has much to be proud ofPaula Cox has much to be proud ofPaula Cox has much to be proud ofPaula Cox has much to be proud ofPaula Cox has much to be proud of
Smile Hi new to british expats

Hi All

This is my 1st thread (hope I doing it right), we have sent our visa's of last month, so another 3-5 months to go to reply. My OH is a bricklayer with all his papers. Just wanted to know. Where there is plenty of work for him (good schools and shops as well) is it the sunshine coast, gold coast or brisbane? If any one could help us. Thank you. And what area's to look at or not to look at ( bad areas if any)

Thanks in advance

Paula & Dave
Old Jan 7th 2008, 6:14 pm
Forum Regular

maccy124 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hi new to british expats

Not sure i can help you with bricklayer jobs, but the sunshine coast gold coast and brisbane are all lovelly areas. Welcome to BE, pretty sure someone will be along with a much better answer shortly, in the meantime you could do a search of the forum for bricklayers, that might give you some idea.

Last edited by maccy124; Jan 7th 2008 at 6:17 pm.
Old Jan 7th 2008, 6:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Hi new to british expats

Originally Posted by Paula Cox
Hi All

This is my 1st thread (hope I doing it right), we have sent our visa's of last month, so another 3-5 months to go to reply. My OH is a bricklayer with all his papers. Just wanted to know. Where there is plenty of work for him (good schools and shops as well) is it the sunshine coast, gold coast or brisbane? If any one could help us. Thank you. And what area's to look at or not to look at ( bad areas if any)

Thanks in advance

Paula & Dave
Hi Paula & Dave and welcome to the site.
Not sure about the job, my OH is an Electrician and we are heading for Gold Coast. We validated our visas last May and we told by everybody who we spoke to that work would not be a problem for a tradie.
There are so many nice areas that it is hard to choose unless you have a look around. We did not get chance to visit the Sunshine Coast, but will do when we eventually get there. We liked areas such as Burleigh Heads and Robina. but as I said these are just two out of a vast choice.
Good luck with the visas.
Have a look at this site, it might give you some information
www.mybrisbane.com.au