Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

hi laura daughter of kath

hi laura daughter of kath

Old Jan 27th 2004, 7:05 am
Just Joined

jen n summer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default hi laura daughter of kath

hello laura daughter of kath, how old were you when you left england, is it hot there do you have any pets, i have a goldfish he is going to live with my friend, got to go and get readt for school write back soon summer,
Old Jan 27th 2004, 9:07 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: hi laura daughter of kath

Originally posted by jen n summer
hello laura daughter of kath, how old were you when you left england, is it hot there do you have any pets, i have a goldfish he is going to live with my friend, got to go and get readt for school write back soon summer,
bump!

Laura, where are you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Jan 28th 2004, 4:37 pm
Forum Regular

Graham & Kath is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya Summer

Im really sorry Laura hasnt replied yet but I am sad to tell you that she was beaten up at school yesterday.......

She had to go to the doctors last nite and to cut a long story short she has been taken out of school indenfinately and has gone to stay with her Dad in West Sussex.

I promise once she is better and comes back to Kent I will get her to e-mail you (as she cant use the computer down there)

It is very sad and wicked world we live in and Im afraid horrible things like this happen all over the place, its just unfortunate that this has been going on for nearly two years and has taken for something like this to happen for the school and police to take action.

Will be in touch soon

p.s. Were still in UK at present

Kath (Worried Mum of Laura)
Old Jan 28th 2004, 9:16 pm
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

God, how awful.

How is she, Kath?
Old Jan 28th 2004, 10:02 pm
Forum Regular

koala_mac is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm only an irregular poster but I read your post and just wanted to send a message of support to you and your daughter. I don't really know what to say that can help. What an appalling thing to happen. I hope she is okay and that you can all work through it together.

K_M
Old Jan 29th 2004, 8:58 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Pollster and Koala for your kind words

I feel really sad today as Laura is seriously considering moving to Sussex with her Dad now......I cant keep on to her but I really dont want her to go as she has lived with me all her life..Her stepDad is too upset to talk about it ad not only that I feel I will lose her totally if she goes down there...not only that the issue of emigrating to Oz, I feel if she goes down there she will make a new life for herself and she's only 14....I know she will leave home eventually but she's still my baby and her little brother and sister are missing her already

Its all the bloody schools fault if they had sorted this out weeks ago (of which we kept demanding) it would never have come to this!!!!

Just hoping she can sort her head out in the next few days (keep your fingers crossed she'll wanna come home!!!)

Kath
Old Jan 29th 2004, 9:13 am

Elaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud of

Kath,

Just seen your message - how awful for you all!

Don't really know what to say except try to be positive for her.

Maybe just let her know you're there for her to talk to and won't pressurise her - hopefully she'll feel reassured and get over the trauma soon if she feels you're being supportive and not harping on about making such big decisions at such an emotive time.

Things will work out for the best I'm sure - just hang in there!

Elaine
Old Jan 29th 2004, 9:19 am
Adelaide here we come

kittenlips is an unknown quantity at this point

God - how terrible. Hope she'll be OK soon. I'm sure once she's over the initial shock of it all she'll come back to you soon enough. Fingers crossed for you all.

Theresa
Old Jan 29th 2004, 9:23 am
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Kath.

My thoughts go to you and your daughter at this time. Fingers crossed that everything works out for the best.

footie chick
Old Jan 29th 2004, 9:50 am
Forum Regular

Thanks everyone Ill keep you all posted..

Just spoken to the school we're going to do the girl for assault.

Kath

You've all been very supportive
Old Jan 29th 2004, 10:08 am
Forum Regular

krissy is an unknown quantity at this point

Kath,

So sorry to hear about Laura.
I am a mother myself now, however many moons ago I was bullied at school. It's such a shame and an absolute travesty that schools still aren't taking this seriously. It's about time they pulled their finger out.
I feel that Laura moving to her Dad's may be a knee-jerk reaction, give her some time and I'm sure she will re-evaluate her situation.
Good luck with it all........you are in my thoughts.
Kris
Old Jan 29th 2004, 4:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

jeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant future

Originally posted by Graham & Kath
Thanks Pollster and Koala for your kind words

I feel really sad today as Laura is seriously considering moving to Sussex with her Dad now......I cant keep on to her but I really dont want her to go as she has lived with me all her life..Her stepDad is too upset to talk about it ad not only that I feel I will lose her totally if she goes down there...not only that the issue of emigrating to Oz, I feel if she goes down there she will make a new life for herself and she's only 14....I know she will leave home eventually but she's still my baby and her little brother and sister are missing her already

Its all the bloody schools fault if they had sorted this out weeks ago (of which we kept demanding) it would never have come to this!!!!

Just hoping she can sort her head out in the next few days (keep your fingers crossed she'll wanna come home!!!)

Kath

Give her time Dear .......going to her Dad is a new thing she will be back no one can replace a Mom..........