Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Hi I'm New (couple of questions)

Hi I'm New (couple of questions)

Old Mar 8th 2008, 7:08 am
Forum Regular

martin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud of
Default Hi I'm New (couple of questions)

Just thought i'd take the time to introduce myself to the forum and say hello to you all as I've been reading posts for a while and taking advice from some of the posts.

I'm 29 and coming over to Oz at the end of April initially just on a 417, but with a view to applying for a 175 before October as long as I like the place. Already applied for the skills assessment with engineers australia under the sydney accord and will hopefully get my 60 points.

I'm just fed up here in the UK and it just doesn't seem to do anything for me here anymore. All my pals are now married with kids etc so I thought it would be a good time for a change.

Anyway to start with i'm staying with some friends(aussies) in Hornsby then taking it from there.

Reading these forums though it seems to be all couples that have/are emigrating here. Am I an odd one out to be doing it as a single bloke and must I be mental to consider it?

How are the meet ups? Good/interesting etc!!!

Any advice is appreciated.

Last edited by martin1978; Mar 8th 2008 at 7:13 am.
Old Mar 8th 2008, 7:11 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice
Default Re: Hi I'm New (couple of questions)

Originally Posted by martin1978
Just thought i'd take the time to introduce myself to the forum and say hello to you all as I've been reading posts for a while and taking advice from some of the posts.

I'm 29 and coming over to Oz at the end of April initially just on a 417, but with a view to applying for a 175 before October as long as I like the place. Already applied for the skills assessment with engineers australia under the sydney accord and will hopefully get my 60 points.

I'm just fed up here in the UK and it just doesn't seem to do anything for me here anymore. All my pals are now married with kids etc so I thought it would be a good time for a change.

Anyway to start with i'm staying with some friends(aussies) in Hornsea then taking it from there.

Reading these forums though it seems to be all couples that have/are emigrating here. Am I an odd one out to be doing it as a single bloke and must I be mental to consider it?

Hello and welcome

I guess there are many single people that come here. But yes, there are loads of young families too.
I'm not sure where Hornsea is, but on my recent trip to Sydney, i met loads of young men and woman who were travelling alone. They loved it.
Old Mar 8th 2008, 7:14 am
Forum Regular

martin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud of

Sorry, meant Hornsby. Was thinking of Yorkshire when I wrote it. lol.
Old Mar 8th 2008, 7:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Aquamarine will become famous soon enoughAquamarine will become famous soon enough

Anyway to start with i'm staying with some friends(aussies) in Hornsby then taking it from there.

You could join the rest of us loners on the Official Loners Thread. You'd be most welcome
Old Mar 8th 2008, 7:35 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Sorry, meant Hornsby. Was thinking of Yorkshire when I wrote it. lol.
So which part of Australia do you want to go to?

In my opinion i would go East.
Old Mar 8th 2008, 7:59 am

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

My OH works with quite a few single British expats, from what I hear they have a pretty good time over here.
Old Mar 8th 2008, 8:05 am
Forum Regular

Looking at staying in the East, although Perth does look rather nice. Probably stay in NSW and work for a bit. Following England in the RL World Cup in October so hopefully that'll get me down to Melbourne and up to Queensland for a visit.