Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Hi everyone! And so it begins...

Hi everyone! And so it begins...

Old Apr 15th 2011, 7:59 pm
Just Joined

lizlockwood is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hi everyone! And so it begins...

Hi!
I've been quietly reading people's stories about their Australian adventures and I have finally started the process! I'm a midwife and planning on moving to Melbourne with my lovely nursey friend at the beginning of January! That gives me plenty of time to get our registration sorted, find a job, get our visas done and find a home. Plus...I get to have Christmas and my 30th birthday and an immense New Year before I leave!!!
Very excited! I've dreamt of doing this for many years now (ask my family!)
Any of you guys have any Melbourne/Australia advice?
Liz xxx
Old Apr 17th 2011, 2:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

aussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi everyone! And so it begins...

Originally Posted by lizlockwood
Hi!
I've been quietly reading people's stories about their Australian adventures and I have finally started the process! I'm a midwife and planning on moving to Melbourne with my lovely nursey friend at the beginning of January! That gives me plenty of time to get our registration sorted, find a job, get our visas done and find a home. Plus...I get to have Christmas and my 30th birthday and an immense New Year before I leave!!!
Very excited! I've dreamt of doing this for many years now (ask my family!)
Any of you guys have any Melbourne/Australia advice?
Liz xxx
Congrats, Melbourne is a great city. Live in South Yarra, very central right near some big hospitals, restaurants and shops, lots of character homes.
Old Apr 18th 2011, 2:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Can't help with Melbourne but just wishing you good luck with your adventure.
Old Apr 18th 2011, 12:35 pm
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with your move! We're on the final countdown now (97 days to go but who's counting?!) and the packing is in full swing. It's exciting and nerve racking...enjoy the ride!

Therese
Old Apr 18th 2011, 6:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

we will be heading back around beginning of January, after an 18 month (planned) sojourn to the UK.

We have lived in Melbourne for 10 years and it is a great city with lots going on. Only downside is that it is so much more expensive to buy property than when we arrived. House prices are stupid!

Still you can enjoy life without buying property!
Old Apr 19th 2011, 9:38 am
BE Enthusiast

LINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck to you and also to Pomster and RedT