Hi Everyone

Old Jan 13th 2007, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

J_IMHOFF is just really niceJ_IMHOFF is just really niceJ_IMHOFF is just really niceJ_IMHOFF is just really niceJ_IMHOFF is just really niceJ_IMHOFF is just really niceJ_IMHOFF is just really niceJ_IMHOFF is just really nice
Default Hi Everyone

I have been reading everbody's posts over the last few years and thought I would start to get a bit more involved - so here go's..

We had out visa granted in 2005, my husband Mark is a plumber and we applied on that basis. We had to put up the bond as we are 39 and 40 and we needed the extra points.

Our visas state that we have until April 2010 until we have to take up permanent residency, we went out to Brisbane in August 2005 to activate the residency and while we were out there we bought a flat in Brisbane CBD as an investment, as we were worried that the property market may boom.

I have two boys from a previous marriage and basically to cut a long story short they are not on the application, this was because their father refused to allow them to be put on, at the time it was a real issue but now I do not see it as being a problem, they will be 18 and 20 when we finally go and if they really want to come then they can come out on a Working Visa and from there we will find some way of getting them residency.

We went out to Perth last year and took the boys with us, we have a fantastic time but the kids were not impressed, it is a sad state of affairs when your child is sitting on Scarborough Bech with his iPod stuck in one ear !! kids in England are so into their computers etc that they do not have any experience of what it must be like to end the day at school, grab your surfboard and head to the beach, I am sure they would adapt if they lived there but it was a real reality check watching how they were compared the the Aussie kids.

We are coming back to Perth in April (just us - the kids are going skiing with their dad!) hope they are suitably impressed with that !! we would love to meet up with anyone living in Perth, visiting is ok but to speak to people that are actually living somewhere is invaluable - Beers on us !!

We are planning to move out in 2010, alot of people may think this is strange and want to move straight away but we are doing our best to do as much research as possible - we do not want to move and come back, we want this to be a permanent move, apart from the kids we do not have any close family and it always seems that this is the main reason most people come back.

We are in Uxbridge Middlesex and would love to hear from other people close by who are moving out, or anyone in Perth who would like to met up in April.
Old Jan 13th 2007, 8:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

yolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi Everyone

Hey and welcome! hope your move is trouble and stress free!