Hi everyone

Old Jan 3rd 2006, 2:12 am
"Not the Kingswood!"

bobajob is on a distinguished road
Default Hi everyone

Been reading through the threads and thank god i'm not on my own in the land of the golden visa! My partner and I applied for a de-facto-spouse back in early October and the meds are on the 5th of Jan, not as long as some you guys but boy have the high commission wanted some info.

Really nervous about the meds, got a few things from my past i'd rather forget. Is it true It's only medical conditions that cost them money that stop you getting in? What about depression? has anybody had any difficulty with this on their medicals?

Thanks in advance
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 2:15 am
Banned

Linda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Hi everyone

Hello bobajob.. dib dib dob

Honestly, dont worry about the meds. They really wont give it a second thought. If i remember correctly, when assessed they have to deem that you are projected to cost the Australian health service more than $2,000,000 relating to an illness before you will be refused. That surely wont be the case for depression. Hope you are feeling better now. Good luck
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 2:25 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Linda Lushardi
Honestly, dont worry about the meds. They really wont give it a second thought. If i remember correctly, when assessed they have to deem that you are projected to cost the Australian health service more than $2,000,000 relating to an illness before you will be refused. That surely wont be the case for depression. Hope you are feeling better now. Good luck

I don't know where you get the $2m from ... you need to reduce that down to about $20k over a 3-5 year period.

But spouse visa applicants don't need to worry so much about health issues as there is a health waiver available. Not automatic, but there is certainly more flexibility than is available to skilled applicants.

For professional advice on health issues, I'd recommend contacting Peter Bollard in Sydney: http://users.bigpond.net.au/onk/

Jeremy
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 2:28 am
Banned

Linda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of light

Maybe its changed from when we applied, but i know it definitely said that somewhere as i had serious medical condition and looked into it.
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 2:32 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Linda Lushardi
Maybe its changed from when we applied, but i know it definitely said that somewhere as i had serious medical condition and looked into it.

The standard 'rule of thumb' in terms of costs is AUD20k over a 3-5 year period. Anything more than that and a health waiver is required.

Health criteria have not changed substantively for some years.

Jeremy
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 2:37 am
Banned

Originally Posted by JAJ
The standard 'rule of thumb' in terms of costs is AUD20k over a 3-5 year period. Anything more than that and a health waiver is required.

Jeremy

Well i'm stumped then. Dont know where my brain plucked that from!! But you have been nominated the anorak on here so i bow to your superior judgement
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 3:29 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

No need to worry about the meds mate I came out on the same visa and the meds was more a prod and a poke followed by an x-ray then hand over the wad of cash.

Can I ask why you didnt front load the application as it cuts down on the waiting time substantially? mine took the grand total of 1 day to be given the go ahead.

Good luck
TT

Originally Posted by bobajob
Been reading through the threads and thank god i'm not on my own in the land of the golden visa! My partner and I applied for a de-facto-spouse back in early October and the meds are on the 5th of Jan, not as long as some you guys but boy have the high commission wanted some info.

Really nervous about the meds, got a few things from my past i'd rather forget. Is it true It's only medical conditions that cost them money that stop you getting in? What about depression? has anybody had any difficulty with this on their medicals?

Thanks in advance
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 4:14 am
Forum Regular

ndbarrett is a jewel in the roughndbarrett is a jewel in the roughndbarrett is a jewel in the roughndbarrett is a jewel in the roughndbarrett is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by JAJ

Jeremy
Great info, I wonder if you have the specific Australian Migration Act Regulation, regarding Health Requirements that pertains to the $ amount ? That would be good to have.
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 4:30 am
JAJ
Retired

Originally Posted by ndbarrett
Great info, I wonder if you have the specific Australian Migration Act Regulation, regarding Health Requirements that pertains to the $ amount ? That would be good to have.

It's not in the Migration Act or Regulations, but rather in a complex policy document that's not available online. You'd need professional advice if you want to discuss details, sorry.

Jeremy
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 10:21 am
Forum Regular

ndbarrett is a jewel in the roughndbarrett is a jewel in the roughndbarrett is a jewel in the roughndbarrett is a jewel in the roughndbarrett is a jewel in the rough

Complex policy document... Sounds a bit cloak and dagger to me, who are you working for mate, friend or foe ?
Do you have all the 007 gadgets to photograph the policies covertly or have someone on the inside infiltrating the very depths of the DIMIA decision makers office drawers and hard drives

They do seem to have some flexibilty in regard to regulations providing the basic legal criteria has been met by an applicant is my observation.

Not really too difficult for any layman with high school education to understand so I wouldnt class a DIMIA officer's discretion as being "complex", the complexity would sureley come from a lawyer's abilty to pick out the basic laws to which the departmental policy derives from if there were any questions arising from a health matter.

Though it may not be common, there are cases where an application would be accepted even when there is a real potential that he/she could cost the health system as much as $2 million

To the OP, I wouldnt worry about your past at all, good luck
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 10:50 am
JAJ
Retired

Originally Posted by ndbarrett
Do you have all the 007 gadgets to photograph the policies covertly or have someone on the inside infiltrating the very depths of the DIMIA decision makers office drawers and hard drives
https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/subscri.../main_menu.jsp

They do seem to have some flexibilty in regard to regulations providing the basic legal criteria has been met by an applicant is my observation.
Where on earth do you get that idea from? DIMIA are not flexible at all except in certain cases where the regulations allow them to be.

Though it may not be common, there are cases where an application would be accepted even when there is a real potential that he/she could cost the health system as much as $2 million
Not for a skilled visa.

Maybe for a spouse visa, simply because there is a health waiver available.

Jeremy
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 8:00 pm
"Not the Kingswood!"

bobajob is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by TrickyTree
No need to worry about the meds mate I came out on the same visa and the meds was more a prod and a poke followed by an x-ray then hand over the wad of cash.

Can I ask why you didnt front load the application as it cuts down on the waiting time substantially? mine took the grand total of 1 day to be given the go ahead.

Good luck
TT

Thanks for the advice guys, what do you mean by front loading?
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 9:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

That's where you send your meds in before they are requested
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 10:07 pm
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

Yep Wendy is right basically everything DIMIA needs goes with the appliaction such as medicals etc etc so they do not need to request them at a later date it seems to cut down the wait time substantially.

All the best
TT

Old Jan 3rd 2006, 10:43 pm
Des
Des

Des is just really niceDes is just really niceDes is just really niceDes is just really niceDes is just really niceDes is just really niceDes is just really niceDes is just really niceDes is just really nice

hey
sent all my documents with the application got my visa within 15 working days, i put all the necessary documents as directed by the form. the embassy did not ask for anything else

des

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.