Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Hi everybody! I'm new on here!!

Hi everybody! I'm new on here!!

Old Jul 22nd 2005, 10:03 am
Forum Regular

Dazlinsky has a brilliant futureDazlinsky has a brilliant futureDazlinsky has a brilliant futureDazlinsky has a brilliant futureDazlinsky has a brilliant futureDazlinsky has a brilliant future
Default Hi everybody! I'm new on here!!

A friend told me about this site, and so far she was right, this is a very helpful site!!

I have done a search for a question I was sure had been asked a million times, but I have got the answer I wanted, so could somebody please help??

We are thinking of getting a Independant skilled visa (136...I think?) As my hubby is a senior technician for a dealership. What would our requirements be??
Also if possible a price of the visa if we used a agent? Could and should he try to get a job while still in the UK??

Thank you and I look forward to your replies!!!!
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

Dazlinsky has a brilliant futureDazlinsky has a brilliant futureDazlinsky has a brilliant futureDazlinsky has a brilliant futureDazlinsky has a brilliant futureDazlinsky has a brilliant future
Red face Re: Hi everybody! I'm new on here!!

Originally Posted by Dazlinsky
A friend told me about this site, and so far she was right, this is a very helpful site!!

I have done a search for a question I was sure had been asked a million times, but I have got the answer I wanted, so could somebody please help??

We are thinking of getting a Independant skilled visa (136...I think?) As my hubby is a senior technician for a dealership. What would our requirements be??
Also if possible a price of the visa if we used a agent? Could and should he try to get a job while still in the UK??

Please, any advice before I disappear off the page!!
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 10:27 am
Happy Member

kris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi everybody! I'm new on here!!

Hi and welcome

First port of call is the Dimia website
If you have visa queries you are best putting them on the immigration forum
you may also want to speak to an agent to see what your options are!

Sorry cant be of more help

Kris
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kris maynard
Hi and welcome

First port of call is the Dimia website
If you have visa queries you are best putting them on the immigration forum
you may also want to speak to an agent to see what your options are!

Sorry cant be of more help

Kris
Thanks Kris,
I'll look into that.
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 10:50 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Kris,
I'll look into that.
i would just like to say.............welcome to the madhouse
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 11:51 am

amanda76 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi
havnt a clue about his line of work, so couldnt begin to reply, but just wanted to say welcome and to bump you question to the top again for you............

As kris has said look on the australian immigration forum, and post there, also the Dimia web, just about anything on there.

then come back with more specific questions, i will look out for you. Post anything on here, there is always somebody to reply!!!

good luck

amanda
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 12:02 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

sorry, again i can't help, but welcome

michelle
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 12:12 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Cannot really help with your job skill, but what I would suggest is go to DIMIA website www.immi.gov.au and start there, then any more 'personal' queries can be asked on this forum.
There are some very knowledgeable professional people who post on the Aus/NZ immigration part - George Lombard, Alan Collett and JAJ - all spring to mind - apart from posters who have gained knowledge by going through the process.

Anyway, welcome to the madhouse

Goodluck Karma sent

Cas
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 12:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, HELLO! and welcome. I can't help with the detailed visa stuff, maybe the immigration forum would be more helpful.

But the general attitude to applying for a job whilst still in the UK, is a no no. Unless you can give specific dates when you'll be arriving, and guarantees of when you can start work etc...

Alot of employers prefer to go with locals who they know aren't going to bug-out on them in a few months or even a year, which seems to be the reputation that immigrants have.

So by all means check out employers, see whats available, even contact them. But don't be too surprised if they say 'contact us when you get here'.

Having said all that, there has been some miracle stories on this forum of people falling off the plane into an employers arms

JTL
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 12:45 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Hi, HELLO! and welcome. I can't help with the detailed visa stuff, maybe the immigration forum would be more helpful.

But the general attitude to applying for a job whilst still in the UK, is a no no. Unless you can give specific dates when you'll be arriving, and guarantees of when you can start work etc...

Alot of employers prefer to go with locals who they know aren't going to bug-out on them in a few months or even a year, which seems to be the reputation that immigrants have.

So by all means check out employers, see whats available, even contact them. But don't be too surprised if they say 'contact us when you get here'.

Having said all that, there has been some miracle stories on this forum of people falling off the plane into an employers arms

JTL
Thanks guys!!!
After all your replies I realised that I was on the wrong forum, I had meant to put this on the immigration one!!!! Oops!! but Thanks!!!
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 2:26 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, and a big welcome to BE.
Can't help with the 136 bit but you'll find out the details on the other forum.
As far as the cost of a visa is concerned, we've already paid about 460GBP to get the TRA done with an agent (which got passed) and they've just asked for another 1050GBP to get the visa bit done.
Bloody expensive this visa lark
Good Luck
Julie
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 9:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

Hello and welcome. I did a 136 visa ( car sprayer ) with a agent, cost about £4500 with things like TRA, meds etc included. What i would say now though is that if you do go with a agent then make sure you pick a good one as ours was pants. With hindsight i would do it myself as you do all the work, its seemed all the agent did was send the info to oz ( thats if they did not lose it ). You have made a step in the right direction by using this site, as you will find that what you are doing or you need to know someone will already have done it and help you through it. Good luck.