Reload this Page >

Hi all - on our way soon!

Hi all - on our way soon!

Old Oct 18th 2006, 1:24 pm
Just Joined

jarnz88 will become famous soon enoughjarnz88 will become famous soon enough
Smile Hi all - on our way soon!

Hi all i am new to this site but not new to the visa migration fiasco

We applied earlier in the year ( july) for a defacto visa for my other half, we were successful and were granted our visa in August.

since then it has been planning and in recent weeks packing boxes and selling our furniture.

It is now getting close to the time - we move out of our apartment, the shipping company collect our boxes on friday. I fly out to Perth on the 11th and my other half must stay for the remainder of the year for his work and will be flying out to meet up in January.

I was born and grew up in WA (graldton) for 18 years and love it and i am convinced my other half will also. but what worries me is that he will gt homesick at some stage and so i want to make sure he is comfortable in perth and that our social life does not take a awlful nose dive, there fore i thought perhaps getting to know some of the people who have done the move from the uk to au may be a good thing, ppl we can talk to have a laugh and hopefully have a good time with whilst helping my OH settle into auzzie life.
we are both reasonably young mid twenties and early 30s
so any help would be appreciated, i will keep in touch and be out in a couple of weeks, not living in perth for 6 years means i will need some help readjusting also

looking forward to hopefully meeting some ppl
good luck to everyone who is waiting - chins up !!
Old Oct 24th 2006, 1:13 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi all - on our way soon!

Welcome to the site. Good luck with your move.
Old Oct 25th 2006, 9:53 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Hello

Welcome to the site! Lucky you with your visa
Old Oct 27th 2006, 8:21 am
Forum Regular

Jayniebabes has a brilliant futureJayniebabes has a brilliant futureJayniebabes has a brilliant futureJayniebabes has a brilliant futureJayniebabes has a brilliant futureJayniebabes has a brilliant futureJayniebabes has a brilliant future

Good Luck in your new life - we love Perth and love life here so can understand why you are heading back.

What part of Perth you heading for this time?

Originally Posted by jarnz88
Hi all i am new to this site but not new to the visa migration fiasco

We applied earlier in the year ( july) for a defacto visa for my other half, we were successful and were granted our visa in August.

since then it has been planning and in recent weeks packing boxes and selling our furniture.

It is now getting close to the time - we move out of our apartment, the shipping company collect our boxes on friday. I fly out to Perth on the 11th and my other half must stay for the remainder of the year for his work and will be flying out to meet up in January.

I was born and grew up in WA (graldton) for 18 years and love it and i am convinced my other half will also. but what worries me is that he will gt homesick at some stage and so i want to make sure he is comfortable in perth and that our social life does not take a awlful nose dive, there fore i thought perhaps getting to know some of the people who have done the move from the uk to au may be a good thing, ppl we can talk to have a laugh and hopefully have a good time with whilst helping my OH settle into auzzie life.
we are both reasonably young mid twenties and early 30s
so any help would be appreciated, i will keep in touch and be out in a couple of weeks, not living in perth for 6 years means i will need some help readjusting also

looking forward to hopefully meeting some ppl
good luck to everyone who is waiting - chins up !!
Old Oct 27th 2006, 9:07 am
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there!
Try the poms in perth site, they are always organising nights / days out!
Tracey