Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

hi all new to this site

hi all new to this site

Old Jan 12th 2007, 9:19 pm
Forum Regular

Dal3 is a name known to allDal3 is a name known to allDal3 is a name known to allDal3 is a name known to allDal3 is a name known to allDal3 is a name known to allDal3 is a name known to allDal3 is a name known to allDal3 is a name known to allDal3 is a name known to allDal3 is a name known to all
Default hi all new to this site

Hi all

we have come across this site by accident and are so happy we did. we have our visa (was a nice christmas present) off to oz in may to vlaidate visa and then plan the big move, not yet decided between perth and brisbane, beleive it or not we have never even visted oz but heard and seen o so much on tv that knew it was the place for us.
Old Jan 12th 2007, 10:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

mick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: hi all new to this site

Originally Posted by Dal3
Hi all

we have come across this site by accident and are so happy we did. we have our visa (was a nice christmas present) off to oz in may to vlaidate visa and then plan the big move, not yet decided between perth and brisbane, beleive it or not we have never even visted oz but heard and seen o so much on tv that knew it was the place for us.
First off welcome to the site. I origionally came across it by accident and I must say its the best thing I did. It has helped us with the visa process and also I have made many friends here as well.

Congratulations on getting your visa as well. Thats the best Xmas present you could ask for.

Like you we have never been to Oz before and are flying out on the 6th Feb to Perth - One Way :scared:

Lynne
Old Jan 13th 2007, 12:36 am
BE Enthusiast

micmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to allmicmay3_in_oz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by mick69
First off welcome to the site. I origionally came across it by accident and I must say its the best thing I did. It has helped us with the visa process and also I have made many friends here as well.

Congratulations on getting your visa as well. Thats the best Xmas present you could ask for.

Like you we have never been to Oz before and are flying out on the 6th Feb to Perth - One Way :scared:

Lynne
Hi Lynee and Dal3

Don't worry we'd never been to Oz before stepping on the plane to come here to live but then again me and the kids had never been abroad so it was all new. We're on the other side so don't know what Perth is like and haven't seen much of Brissy. The only thing I would say is get ready for seeing all wierd and wonderful sights and that's just the locals

Mx

Last edited by micmay3_in_oz; Jan 13th 2007 at 12:36 am. Reason: nonsensical as usual
Old Jan 13th 2007, 7:33 am
Forum Regular

chatty66 will become famous soon enoughchatty66 will become famous soon enough

Hi all

hello and welcome... we also have our visas and are heading to perth.. its a lovely city and has all you could want in oz.. the only thing i would say is that it is very small and being so far out in can be a bit clicky.. but we love it's layed back ways and cant wait to get there..chatty66
Old Jan 18th 2007, 7:53 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all

Welcome to the site. Glad you found us.
Old Jan 19th 2007, 4:35 am
been here b4

hcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of light

hay there i am also new here and am very happy for you and your xmas gift, perth is the place to go believe me just getting out that airport in the sunshine fills me with tingles, how long did it take for you to get your visa? i am still waiting for mine (ITS MY SECOND TIEM AROUND ) i lived there back in the late 80's , my friends that stayed there are doing so well and have a great life

happy for you

T
Old Jan 19th 2007, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

Dal3 is a name known to allDal3 is a name known to allDal3 is a name known to allDal3 is a name known to allDal3 is a name known to allDal3 is a name known to allDal3 is a name known to allDal3 is a name known to allDal3 is a name known to allDal3 is a name known to allDal3 is a name known to all

it took us 2 years to decide 1 year to get all our academic paperwork updated, validated and then approx 1 year to actually get the visa, so once we decided and got the ball rolling it took 2 years overall, but were not in a hurry as saving as much as we can as job wise will be back t basic for us once we move
Old Jan 19th 2007, 6:40 pm
Just Joined

james and justine is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: hi all new to this site

Hi all were new to the site also. just thought i would say hello. Were cuurently in the waiting for a case officer part of the visa. Nobody can prepare you for how agonising that part actually is. Were heading off to perth. Why does everyone refer to perth as isolated it's a huge city!! With loads of suburbs, beaches and shopping malls what more could you ask for? Any way rammbled on enough speak soon justine
Old Jan 19th 2007, 9:47 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by james and justine
Hi all were new to the site also. just thought i would say hello. Were cuurently in the waiting for a case officer part of the visa. Nobody can prepare you for how agonising that part actually is. Were heading off to perth. Why does everyone refer to perth as isolated it's a huge city!! With loads of suburbs, beaches and shopping malls what more could you ask for? Any way rammbled on enough speak soon justine
Perth is considered isolated because it is a very long drive/flight to any other city. There are other smaller cities in WA, but in order to go anywhere else it is a long distance. On the east coast things are all within an hour or so flying distance.