Reload this Page >

Hi All, Moving to Cairns

Hi All, Moving to Cairns

Old Oct 12th 2006, 4:07 pm
Just Joined

SusieW1976 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hi All, Moving to Cairns

Hi all,
I have been flicking through this site and everyone seems really helpful.
My DP has been offered a job in Cairns and the company are paying our flights etc. (We have 2 daughters 9 and almost 2)
I am really looking forward to it....................but, I am due number 3 in January. I am perfectly willing to move now, his job want him there by the end of November, except that it dawned on me today that we will be quite stuck when I go into labour. DP will want to be there, and I will want him there, but what about my girls. DP is now wondering am I getting cold feet, and is reluctant to send back his signed contract.
So any input would be really helpful. This is not my only query but I am an hormonal Helen today and this is really bugging me.
Sorry for the moan, Susie
Old Oct 13th 2006, 12:38 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi All, Moving to Cairns

Originally Posted by SusieW1976
Hi all,
My DP has been offered a job in Cairns and the company are paying our flights etc. (We have 2 daughters 9 and almost 2)
I am really looking forward to it....................but, I am due number 3 in January. I am perfectly willing to move now, his job want him there by the end of November, except that it dawned on me today that we will be quite stuck when I go into labour. DP will want to be there, and I will want him there, but what about my girls. DP is now wondering am I getting cold feet, and is reluctant to send back his signed contract.
So any input would be really helpful. This is not my only query but I am an hormonal Helen today and this is really bugging me.
That's a toughie Will his prospective employers wait until Feb for you all to arrive if you explain the situation? Obviously it wouldn't work him coming out in November because then he definitely wouldn't be there for the birth but you would have a support network in the UK.

I'd explain the situation to work - they might be able to put you in touch with really nice colleagues wives who would be happy to look after your daughters for a short while. Unfortunately, even with birth no 3 you can't know how long labour will be, but they might have suggestions.

Hope it goes well
Old Oct 15th 2006, 6:35 pm
Account Closed

daisylilymum is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SusieW1976
Hi all,
Hi, there must surely be nanny agencies in Cairns? Don't know for sure, but I would think you would be able to pay someone to look after your kids temporarily. May be you could get someone for say a month around your due date, so you can all get to know them. I know this isn't ideal, but at least if you used a reputable agency with police checked nannies you should be ok. I also realise this would cost you, but for only a month & peace of mind it would be worth it? Seems a shame to delay your move. Best of luck whatever you decide & keep us posted!
Old Oct 16th 2006, 1:50 pm
Just Joined

SusieW1976 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for your replies.
I never even thought about a nanny agency. And I suppose that we will make friends. I would be perfectly ok delivering by myself but DP wont hear of it.
Anyway time is running out on my flying time. I only have approx 6/7 more weeks to fly and HR in Cairns seems to have gone on a go slow regarding the visa!! I cant see them waiting until March for DP, they seemed so keen to have us there now.
Anyway, thank you again for taking the time to reply, I really appreciate it.
Susie