Reload this Page >

Hi All - Brisbane April 2004

Wikiposts

Hi All - Brisbane April 2004

Old Nov 4th 2003, 4:58 am
Forum Regular

Graham & Kath is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by dazzac
Yeh sure, Lisa and I would be up for that. Whose Sarah :-)
Do you know anyone out there ?
Whats your reasons for going?

Oops sorry thats cos I got ex-family members called Darren & Sarah

We only know people that we have made great friends with on Poms site and whom we have visited over here - never been to Perth let alone Oz land.

We're going out to give ourselves another insight into a different lifestyle - it might work it might not but we're damned sure we'll give it a good try!!! You only live once and yep ive got my rose-tinted glasses on at the moment!!!

We got 3 kids one boy 19 months and 2 girls 5 and 13 and one lazy fat westie and a poor old poodle whom we tried to find a home for but they gave her back to us after 3 weeks.!!!

Best of luck

Kath
Old Nov 4th 2003, 5:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Edens Landing, half way between Brisbane and Gold coast
Paul&Ann-Marie will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Hi All - Brisbane April 2004

[hi, lisa and darren
we are moving to brisbane hopeful next year some time hubby was born overthere and the kids will get in no problesm.how old are your kids, are kids are 8 and 6 years old now so we feel that this is a good age to go. we are just waiting now for all the forms to come for me and the passports for hubby and the kids and we can have the medicl done. I do not now how long it take so we could be here this time next year hope not. The area we have be looking at is acacis ridge.
Hope to see you around sometime next year lol good luck out there .
ann marie and paul and family
Old Nov 4th 2003, 5:42 am
Forum Regular

The GoodbyeGirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Lisa and Darren,

We are off to Brisbane too, as soon as we have sold our house. Expecting it to be around Feb/March 2004. We will initially be in the Mount Cotton area as that is where family is.
The Goodbye Girl
Old Nov 4th 2003, 5:44 am
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all
Default Re: Hi All - Brisbane April 2004

Originally posted by dazzac
Jumped into the is forum a few days ago, answering questions without realising that I was on page one of two and the questions were answered ages ago.

Though it best to introduce ourselves.
Darren & Lisa , and kids and dog off to sunny Brisbane early next year.

We've sent our meds and police checks back now awaiting assurers bond to be posted.

Haven't sold our house yet - in fact haven't made any formal plans yet other than we will go once we get the grant letter in our hands.
Anybody heading to Brisbane?
Any particular area?

I have a friend in Albany Creek so thats our first base. After that I guess its house price versus school .
Welcome to the forum dazzac. I'm just down the road from you in Ramsgate. We're off to Brisbane around spring next year, already got the visas which give our latest entry date as May 22nd.
Old Nov 4th 2003, 6:09 am
Forum Regular

jaycat is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile

We are also going to brisbane, have visa's and already have them validated, must return back to oz by early 2007.
We have bought 2 acres in Jimboomba so thats where we will end up going once the house is built.
Initally will stay with my mum in Kingscliff, just over NSW border.

:PARTY:
Old Nov 4th 2003, 6:12 am
Account Closed

dazzac is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by jaycat
We are also going to brisbane, have visa's and already have them validated, must return back to oz by early 2007.
We have bought 2 acres in Jimboomba so thats where we will end up going once the house is built.
Initally will stay with my mum in Kingscliff, just over NSW border.

:PARTY:
Being nosey what sort of cost was the land - I haven't looked up where it is yet?
Do you think its cheaper to build than just buy new?

Thanks for your response.
Old Nov 4th 2003, 6:22 am
Forum Regular

jaycat is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
We paid 55 thousand aussie dollars for our two acres that was about a year and a half ago now.
I know that prices have shot up crazy these last few months, but around where we are you can still pick up acreage for around 60-90 thousand aussie dollars.
We were in two minds whether to buy or not, because there is quite alot of land available really. I am glad we did now.
Yes i do think it is cheaper to build than buy established houses, because when you build you have all the hard work of doing your gardens and getting it how you like it, but when you buy established you have really got it all done for you.
We will build because i like the idea of doing it out way and we need something to do on the weekends..lol
Old Nov 4th 2003, 6:44 am
Forum Regular

vickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the rough

only just started the visa process but expect to be heading to Brisbane in about 12 months, me husband and cat
Old Nov 4th 2003, 8:12 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Holy dooley! So many people coming to Brisbane! Plus all the ones who are on the way in the next month or so/have just arrived! Someone had better start building a heap more houses or you will all be sleeping in tents!
Old Nov 4th 2003, 8:18 am
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
Holy dooley! So many people coming to Brisbane! Plus all the ones who are on the way in the next month or so/have just arrived! Someone had better start building a heap more houses or you will all be sleeping in tents!
thats why we want to buy a couple of acres, mark is from a family of 8 and if they all come to stay they'll be staying in tents!
rach, mark and chanelle
Old Nov 4th 2003, 8:19 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Blimey Mrs D, we are going to be busy finding somewhere big enough for us all to meet!
Old Nov 4th 2003, 8:24 am
Rocket Scientist

MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Pollyana
Blimey Mrs D, we are going to be busy finding somewhere big enough for us all to meet!
Right outside Peteys pad looked good Polly, probably enough room, but we might end up with some whinging git yelling "Get oarf of moi land!" at us .

Rach, oh thats cool then, with 2 acres all the guys from expats can come & stay in your tents too LOL
Old Nov 4th 2003, 8:27 am
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
Right outside Peteys pad looked good Polly, probably enough room, but we might end up with some whinging git yelling "Get oarf of moi land!" at us .

Rach, oh thats cool then, with 2 acres all the guys from expats can come & stay in your tents too LOL
HAHAHAHAH!

would love a couple of acres would love 4 beds, with pool but we'll have to see what we can afford when we get there, under no illusions that its going to be easy, just our dream that one day we may turn it into reality!
rach
p.s. should we get it you are all more than welcome to come and stay!
Old Nov 4th 2003, 9:13 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I was thinking the same Mrs D - lots of space, nice for us grown-ups (!) and space for the kids.
Old Nov 4th 2003, 10:07 am
Rocket Scientist

Originally posted by Pollyana
I was thinking the same Mrs D - lots of space, nice for us grown-ups (!) and space for the kids.
By the beach ( ) & nice & cool! Wonder what time high tide is that day? LOL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.