Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Hi All - Brisbane April 2004

Hi All - Brisbane April 2004

Old Nov 4th 2003, 1:19 pm
Account Closed

dazzac is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Hi All - Brisbane April 2004

Jumped into the is forum a few days ago, answering questions without realising that I was on page one of two and the questions were answered ages ago.

Though it best to introduce ourselves.
Darren & Lisa , and kids and dog off to sunny Brisbane early next year.

We've sent our meds and police checks back now awaiting assurers bond to be posted.

Haven't sold our house yet - in fact haven't made any formal plans yet other than we will go once we get the grant letter in our hands.
Anybody heading to Brisbane?
Any particular area?

I have a friend in Albany Creek so thats our first base. After that I guess its house price versus school .
Old Nov 4th 2003, 1:44 pm
Forum Regular

Graham & Kath is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Sarah & Darren

Guess what we're in Gillingham tooooo (Kent that is)

Just got our TRA back today all ok been waiting 6 months (long story) WE hopefully of too Perth

Catch up with a chat sometime???

Kath & Gang
Old Nov 4th 2003, 1:54 pm
Account Closed

Originally posted by Graham & Kath
Hi Sarah & Darren

Guess what we're in Gillingham tooooo (Kent that is)

Just got our TRA back today all ok been waiting 6 months (long story) WE hopefully of too Perth

Catch up with a chat sometime???

Kath & Gang

Yeh sure, Lisa and I would be up for that. Whose Sarah :-)
Do you know anyone out there ?
Whats your reasons for going?
Old Nov 4th 2003, 2:06 pm
Home in 2010.

The Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really nice
Default Re: Hi All - Brisbane April 2004

Originally posted by dazzac
Jumped into the is forum a few days ago, answering questions without realising that I was on page one of two and the questions were answered ages ago.

We've sent our meds and police checks back now awaiting assurers bond to be posted.

Haven't sold our house yet - in fact haven't made any formal plans yet other than we will go once we get the grant letter in our hands.
Any particular area?

I have a friend in Albany Creek so thats our first base. After that I guess its house price versus school .
Hi
We are heading to Munruben, about 45 mins from Brisbane in April 2004. Will be there for 2 months but then heading towards the coast as it is to hot for me there. It is nice around brisbane though and to many places to mention. Do not know any "keep away areas" but no doubt pthers will be able to advise on those.
Old Nov 4th 2003, 2:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rudy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Lisa and Darren,

(Aren't these the names of the Comfort Vaporesse clothworld people! Sorry, Sad I know.)

We are heading for Brisbane early next year, as soon as the visas come through. We haven't been to Oz yet, but like the look of Albany Creek. We will decide on area also based on house price and "good" schools. Will probably rent for the first 6 months to a year to make that decision.

We are in Essex, house is sold. Removal company is booked, but we just need a date now. We have sent our meds, but they were not requested, so we aren't too sure what stage our application is at.

Maybe you will be around for the next Essex meet (near Lakeside), the last one was at the beginning of October, so we will probably have another one in early December.

When did you apply?
Hazel & Wayne.
Old Nov 4th 2003, 2:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome to the forum.

footie chick
Old Nov 4th 2003, 2:55 pm
Look at me kimmie

leanda will become famous soon enoughleanda will become famous soon enough

Off to Brisbane at Xmas for a final look around and then back to validate visas hopefully summer 2004, not just going for the better way of life or hot summers or any of that just want to join the rest of my family out there, can't wait to see them all and have a lovely big family again, Brisbane is lovely but anywhere can be lovely on holiday so expecting lots of settling problems and have we done the right thing once we are over there but can't wait to go and give it a try!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good Luck.
Old Nov 4th 2003, 2:56 pm
Account Closed

Chrikey your keen - sold the house without recieving the Visa.

We first applied end of April - just before my 35th to ensure points were OK. We had to withdraw that application (Skilled Application) . Re-applied under sponsored (Aunty in Melbourne) end of August - meds were requested and sent last week. Supposedly time frame is 4-6 weeks for assurers bond to be requested . On reciept of that the grant letter will be sent . So should be with us early Jan.

Haven't made any formal plans. Will put the house up for sale in the new year I think , therafter things should fall into place I hope.

Do you think we should have the removers bookd well in advance then?
How old are you children?
Whats your main reason for going?
How namy turned up for the last meet?

Sort of fancy living on the coast but not really sure - guess we'll change our minds a lot once there.
Old Nov 4th 2003, 2:58 pm
Account Closed

Originally posted by leanda
Off to Brisbane at Xmas for a final look around and then back to validate visas hopefully summer 2004, not just going for the better way of life or hot summers or any of that just want to join the rest of my family out there, can't wait to see them all and have a lovely big family again, Brisbane is lovely but anywhere can be lovely on holiday so expecting lots of settling problems and have we done the right thing once we are over there but can't wait to go and give it a try!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good Luck.

Leanda, when did your family go out?
Old Nov 4th 2003, 2:59 pm
WBB

another influx of brisbane people, good to see.

welcome to the site.

Old Nov 4th 2003, 3:36 pm
Forum Regular

mh929 is an unknown quantity at this point

Any particular area?

Hi Dazzac (and others)

We (myself, wife and 2 kids) are based in Dartford and expect to be heading out to Brisbane around May 2004. Just submitted Bond money so visa shouldnt be too long now!

Have buyers for our house, but they have 2 houses to sell, so it may take a while. As soon as it all goes thru, we will go.

Not sure where to head for in Brisbane yet - would like to be within an hour of the centre. We will probably have a look around for a month before finally deciding on an area to settle.
Old Nov 4th 2003, 3:50 pm
earlswood

Hi Dazzac,

We are hoping to be in Albany Creek (or surrounding) by next July/Aug. Meds not requested yet but will be getting them done in January regardless

We hope to put the house on the market Feb/March.
Visited Albany Creek at Easter this year as friends live in Bunya and we just liked the feel. Schools are good etc..
My sister is moving out too to the same area and a few people who frequent this site have just moved/are moving not a million miles away so we should settle in really well

Hope to see you when we get there!!

Earlswood

Old Nov 4th 2003, 3:53 pm
earlswood

Welshboy...

You've changed your bloomin Avatar again!!

Now you're a smoker have you stopped sh****n sheep or are you doin both??

Earlswood

Old Nov 4th 2003, 4:18 pm
WBB

Originally posted by earlswood
Welshboy...

You've changed your bloomin Avatar again!!

Now you're a smoker have you stopped sh****n sheep or are you doin both??

Earlswood
i am trying to knock the sheep on the head.......only so they put up less resistance.

Old Nov 4th 2003, 4:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

Any particular area?

Hi darren & lisa
welcome to the forum, its addictive so you have been warned!
we are myself, hubby Mark 38 (plasterer) and daughter Chanelle who is 11! we are going to Brisbane on a skilled independent 139 visa, hubbys skills, only lodged our main app a month ago so very early stages, will be getting meds/police checks done in the new year and will put the bungalow on the market then too so that as soon as the bond is requested we'll have the money in the bank, no hold ups! we are hoping to go a bit rural, maybe Cedar Grove/samford, dont really mind about an hours drive from CBD.
best of luck with your new lives
rach

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.