Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Hi and advice for a new starter

Hi and advice for a new starter

Old Jan 14th 2008, 6:37 pm
Starting a journey...

chalky13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Hi and advice for a new starter

Hi guys, I've just found this site today and it appears to be jammed full of info, but with just so much to try and read through. I'm a bit lost on where to start and all this (forums and emigrating) is a bit new to be honest

My family and I are planning to emigrate to Oz, hopefully to Sydney or Melbourne. I work as a insurance motor assessor in the UK at the mo and I've kind of been offered a possible sponsorship with an Oz insurer if they don't find a suitable candidate over there.

However, as yet we haven't started our visa application as there seems to be so many types depending on your job etc.

Can anyone help or advise where we should start looking and what maybe the right sort of visa to apply for? My job doesn't appear on the wanted list as such, but feedback from the insurers I have spoken to appears positive, so it seems we could be able to make it.

We are both early/mid thirties have no real health issues and are really keen to get over there, so hopefully there won't be to many hurdles, but it would be great to get any help and to make some contacts here that are already in Oz or are in a similar position to us here.

Thanks,
Dave
Old Jan 14th 2008, 6:45 pm
Account Closed

Scott will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Hi and advice for a new starter

Hi Dave , welcome to BE .
great place to start

http://www.immi.gov.au/

good luck
Old Jan 14th 2008, 6:53 pm
Starting a journey...

Thanks for that. If there are any Oz residents visiting here from a similar role then it would be great to get in touch to see how you got over there and how things have gone,

Cheers
Dave
Old Jan 14th 2008, 6:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light

Welcome Chalky13

Just wanted to say hi.
Old Jan 14th 2008, 6:58 pm
Starting a journey...

Hi, looks like I've got a load of reading/learning to do here as it seems a bit of a minefield just trying to pick the right visa to go for!

Anyway, certainly want to make the move, so hopefully I can get the deal sorted sooner rather than later...
Old Jan 14th 2008, 7:10 pm
Starting a journey...

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=345774

Managed to find this admin post.. oops! Anyway, looks like loads of stuff to work through, but look forward to contributing to this site
Old Jan 15th 2008, 7:06 pm
Starting a journey...

Hi, if there are any insurance motor assessors here, could I pick you knowledge for some pointers on wages and prospects? It seems that most vacancies are open for ages so I don't know if the wages aren't so good, or if the panel beaters etc, just don't want to move on.

Is the principle the same there as it is here, working from home, travelling miles etc?

Ideally would want to get into Sydney, Melbourne, but also looking at Canberra.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old Jan 16th 2008, 6:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

minibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=chalky13;5786833]Hi guys, I've just found this site today and it appears to be jammed full of info, but with just so much to try and read through. I'm a bit lost on where to start and all this (forums and emigrating) is a bit new to be honest

Hi chalky13

Just wanted to welcome you to BE, if in doubt, search, search then search again you will find it in the end.

minibelle