hi

Old Mar 22nd 2008, 3:03 am
Forum Regular

hopeful_expats will become famous soon enough
Smile hi

Hi everyone

We are a nurse / m/w and joiner with a 14 yr old son hoping to move to australia from Preston, lancashire in the near future. We have only just started to think about it so everything is up in the air at the mo and we haven't any firm plans as yet but Perth is a possibility.

We have a thousand and one questions in our heads so I'm sure we will be bugging you all frequently for information

it would be nice to make friends on here too
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 3:14 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice
Default Re: hi

Originally Posted by hopeful_expats
Hi everyone

We are a nurse / m/w and joiner with a 14 yr old son hoping to move to australia from Preston, lancashire in the near future. We have only just started to think about it so everything is up in the air at the mo and we haven't any firm plans as yet but Perth is a possibility.

We have a thousand and one questions in our heads so I'm sure we will be bugging you all frequently for information

Hello and welcome

I'm in Perth too. Plenty of peeps on here will help with your thousands of questions.
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 3:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and welcome to British Expats.
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 7:51 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi.
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 7:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and welcome
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 10:52 am
Forum Regular

leweli is a jewel in the roughleweli is a jewel in the roughleweli is a jewel in the roughleweli is a jewel in the roughleweli is a jewel in the rough

Hi everyone

Hi and welcome to BE . Fairly new to the site myself but have just started the immigration process (hoping to go to Perth). Am also a nurse and OH is in kitchen sales. Have got 2 boys aged 16 and 9 the eldest one of which isn't keen on going to Oz but am keeping fingers crossed that a reccie next year will help to change his mind. Aren't too far away from you - Knowsley in Merseyside. Would be good to keep in touch x.
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 10:56 am
Beach Bum

Location: living it large on the beautiful Mornington Penninsula
paul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud of

just thought I'd say Hi and welcome to BE.
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 9:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

minibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud of

Welcome to BE

minibelle
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 10:09 pm
OH is STILL undecided grr

Racht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there Welcome to BE ...you'll be in great hands here thers some fab poeple here who are only too willing to help.
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 10:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold

Hello and welcome
You will find lots of useful information on here. Good luck
Old Mar 24th 2008, 12:12 am
Forum Regular

hopeful_expats will become famous soon enough

Thank you all,

we are both excited at the prospect but worried too!

OH still fancies Perth. I feel that joiners will find work easier in Brisbane and reading about the flies and 'thieves' have put me off too!

We'll see!
Old Mar 24th 2008, 1:48 am
Forum Regular

littlemiss will become famous soon enough

Hello and welcome to BE
Old Mar 24th 2008, 7:37 am

Jumbo_Celcius is on a distinguished road

Hi everyone

Hello there, I'll try to give a non-bias view of Perth.
First question from me...why are you moving, do you just fancy a change?

Perth is the slowest, most backward city I have ever lived in/visited.
Don't get drawn in by the skyscrapers in the centre, they're just for show, the rest of Perth looks old fashioned, bars, cafes, restaurants, pubs, gyms, cinemas etc
The houses are shee-ite for what you pay for them DO NOT expect UK standard of building work.
The cost of living here is outrageously expensive for some things then cheaper for other things, on average you'll spend the same but the quality of foodstuffs will be lower.
As mentioned, the city centre is completey dead at night, everyone has bbq's or goes to the beach.
The people are much more friendly than the UK and the work attitutde is more laid back and helpful.
There are plenty of lovely beaches and if you into surfing, swimming in the sea, fishing or just making sandcastles you'll love it.
The media (newspapars & TV) are worse than the Sun and mainly Australia directed so you get this feeling you're removed from the rest of the world. I ahve found it a bit culturally backward also.

Summary - Great if you aren't interested in current affairs/fashion/culture/nightlife etc, crap if you aren't ready to "settle down" yet.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 9:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Hello & welcome!

Have you found the nurses forum yet? You will find loads of specific info in there!