British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   hi (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/hi-358441/)

trudi01 Mar 1st 2006 5:49 pm

hi

ive not chatted on this before but not sure if im doing this right but just to say hello, im still in england and hoping to emigrate to oz in jan 07 so was gonna have a chit chat to people who have already done the move but not sure what i do

Swerv-o Mar 1st 2006 5:53 pm

Re: hi

Originally Posted by trudi01
ive not chatted on this before but not sure if im doing this right but just to say hello, im still in england and hoping to emigrate to oz in jan 07 so was gonna have a chit chat to people who have already done the move but not sure what i do

Welcome aboard this particular chronological, financial and emotional rollercoaster!

Everyone here is very friendly, so ask away if you have any questions.

S

trudi01 Mar 1st 2006 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Welcome aboard this particular chronological, financial and emotional rollercoaster!

Everyone here is very friendly, so ask away if you have any questions.

S

thanks for replying, to be honest im not sure what if im using this chat thingy ok but i will have to see how i go on, glad everyone friendly cos i'll probably be known as the thickie cos i cant use this thing.
anyhow how long have you been in oz, how you finding it,

Louise M Mar 1st 2006 6:00 pm

Hey,

WELCOME........Beware, this forum becomes very addictive and there are some crazy dudes on here!

:D

jonjon Mar 1st 2006 6:02 pm

thanks for replying, to be honest im not sure what if im using this chat thingy ok but i will have to see how i go on, glad everyone friendly cos i'll probably be known as the thickie cos i cant use this thing.

hi and welcome to the forum

trudi01 Mar 1st 2006 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by Louise M
Hey,

WELCOME........Beware, this forum becomes very addictive and there are some crazy dudes on here!

ta for the welcome, i dont mind crazy dudes,
im having trouble using this so things may be a bit hit and miss at first but sure i'll get the hang of it and as you say it will probably come addictive,

Suni&Jay Mar 1st 2006 6:05 pm

Welcome to the MAD HOUSE

trudi01 Mar 1st 2006 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by jonjon
hi and welcome to the forum

thanks a few people have replied which is nice and im having to explain what a thickie i am and im not sure how to use this chat thing so my chatting will be hit and miss at first but sure practice will make perfect - NOT

trudi01 Mar 1st 2006 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by Suni&Jay
Welcome to the MAD HOUSE

thanks

Swerv-o Mar 1st 2006 6:13 pm

Well, I'm not the best person to answer that question on account of not having left the UK yet! I was due to fly out in November, but had some complications with my house sale and student loan payments that I'm still trying to resolve, then I got a really good job offer, which was just too good to turn down! Looking at going either after Easter or in the summer now, not sure when, but there's no rush, as I still have a couple of years on my visa, and it's just me to look after.

How far have you got woth the process? If you check out www.immi.gov.au, then you will find a lot of the information that you need in their booklets that you can down load from the site.

S

Jonahs_mummy Mar 1st 2006 6:19 pm

Hi Trudi....

Ok... I am Claire, and am married to Steve... we have two beautiful kids - Jonah & Susannah - we started this hellride 2 yrs ago, passed hubbys TRA in MAy 2005, applied for 136 Skilled Independant Visa July 2005 & finally got it last minth. House up for sale..... almost ready to go. We are headed for the Gold Coast in Queensland.:D

Tell us a bit about you!

Claire
x

trudi01 Mar 1st 2006 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Well, I'm not the best person to answer that question on account of not having left the UK yet! I was due to fly out in November, but had some complications with my house sale and student loan payments that I'm still trying to resolve, then I got a really good job offer, which was just too good to turn down! Looking at going either after Easter or in the summer now, not sure when, but there's no rush, as I still have a couple of years on my visa, and it's just me to look after.

How far have you got woth the process? If you check out www.immi.gov.au, then you will find a lot of the information that you need in their booklets that you can down load from the site.

S

i shouldve realised you not in oz as it says you in Leicester, told you i can be thick!!!! ha ha
ta for the info you gave me,
think you right about no rush especially as you have plently time on your visa and just got good job, shame about repaying student loan!!!!!
we (me hubby 2 kids) are just applying to go now but told we have good chance cos hubby joiner and hoping to be there for jan 07, for now im just information gathering
have to go now but thanks for chat and good luck maybe chat again soon

Rachelle Mar 1st 2006 6:26 pm

Hi, I'm quite new to this too! Where are you hoping to go to, we've had our meds and Police checks have been sent so now the long wait! We're going on a reccie holiday on 20th March so we're willing the visa to be granted before we go - however unlikely!!! :)

trudi01 Mar 1st 2006 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
Hi Trudi....

Ok... I am Claire, and am married to Steve... we have two beautiful kids - Jonah & Susannah - we started this hellride 2 yrs ago, passed hubbys TRA in MAy 2005, applied for 136 Skilled Independant Visa July 2005 & finally got it last minth. House up for sale..... almost ready to go. We are headed for the Gold Coast in Queensland.:D

Tell us a bit about you!

Claire
x

hiya claire, sounds like you all ready to go, Im trudi married to Keith and also have couple kids megan and luke. my hubby only got skilled visa in jan this year and we are only just filling in application form, we were told the application process can take about 6 months. we are going to adelaide with is south australis but gold coast sounds great, we were hoping to be in oz by jan 07 as new school year and my daugher will be at the age to start high school, how old are your children?

Jonahs_mummy Mar 1st 2006 6:30 pm

my hubby only got skilled visa in jan this year

do you mean his TRA???

hiya claire, sounds like you all ready to go, Im trudi married to Keith and also have couple kids megan and luke. my hubby only got skilled visa in jan this year and we are only just filling in application form, we were told the application process can take about 6 months. we are going to adelaide with is south australis but gold coast sounds great, we were hoping to be in oz by jan 07 as new school year and my daugher will be at the age to start high school, how old are your children?

jonah is 2 1/2 & Suzy is almost 7mths.