Wikiposts

Hi

Old Feb 21st 2005, 4:38 am
sitting on a toadstool

Cornish Pixie is just really niceCornish Pixie is just really niceCornish Pixie is just really niceCornish Pixie is just really niceCornish Pixie is just really niceCornish Pixie is just really niceCornish Pixie is just really niceCornish Pixie is just really niceCornish Pixie is just really niceCornish Pixie is just really niceCornish Pixie is just really nice
Smile Hi

We are hoping to move to Queensland some time this year, if we're lucky. Near to Redcliffe where hubby's family are,
my hubby is an aussie and i've just started sorting out my spouse visa, i'm looking forward to chatting to people who have been through similar experiences.
Old Feb 21st 2005, 4:53 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi

Originally Posted by Cornish Pixie
We are hoping to move to Queensland some time this year, if we're lucky. Near to Redcliffe where hubby's family are,
my hubby is an aussie and i've just started sorting out my spouse visa, i'm looking forward to chatting to people who have been through similar experiences.

Welcome to the forum - there are plenty of people out there who are willing to share experiences - ask away and there normally is at least one person that can help.
Old Feb 21st 2005, 4:56 am
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

hi there,welcome to the forum,we re heading for brisbane, somewhere not to far from the gold coast,not entirely sure yet,we ve got our visas and are just about to put our house on the market,hopeing to be in brissy somewhere between june and august.
Im sure you ll find all the info you need on here and make lots of friends at the same time.
If you need any help just ask
tracey.
Old Feb 21st 2005, 5:09 am
Forum Regular

smood has a brilliant futuresmood has a brilliant futuresmood has a brilliant futuresmood has a brilliant futuresmood has a brilliant futuresmood has a brilliant future

Welcome
Old Feb 21st 2005, 7:02 am
Prodigal Daughter

rachelw is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Cornish Pixie

Welcome to the forum.

We have just completed the visa process (I am the Aussie, husband is the Brit). We aim to be back in Brisbane in September, so sounds like very similar situation!

Please let me know if you have any questions re visa process and I can see if I can help out.

Have you been to Bris Vegas before???
Old Feb 21st 2005, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

CornishPasty is on a distinguished road

Hey Cornish Pixie, its Cornish Pasty here!!

My one piece of advice is to make sure you have pasty making off to a tee before you get here. They dont have them here, well they have pasty's which are nothing like the ones back home.....they are made of mince meat! But what annoys me most isnt the crap pasty's, its the fact they think thats what a proper pasty is!

dear dear me!

Other than that one small detail........You'll love it :-)
Old Feb 21st 2005, 9:38 pm
frozen to the keyboard

Brissiegirl has a spectacular aura aboutBrissiegirl has a spectacular aura aboutBrissiegirl has a spectacular aura about

I'm also Australian, and Hubby is British.. .. we're heading back to Brisbane in April...

The spouse visa process if fairly straight forward and the Aussie High comm in London is pretty fast at processing if you front load your application...

good luck!

Brissiegirl.
Old Feb 21st 2005, 10:03 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by CornishPasty
Hey Cornish Pixie, its Cornish Pasty here!!

My one piece of advice is to make sure you have pasty making off to a tee before you get here. They dont have them here, well they have pasty's which are nothing like the ones back home.....they are made of mince meat! But what annoys me most isnt the crap pasty's, its the fact they think thats what a proper pasty is!

dear dear me!

Other than that one small detail........You'll love it :-)
When are you setting up a proper "Cornish Pasty" Brisbane based business then ?

Old Feb 21st 2005, 10:19 pm
Forum Regular

CornishPasty is on a distinguished road

Ha, my brother married into Cornish gold when he married the daughter of a pasty shop owner in Looe. I have plenty of offers for them to come over for 12 months and help me set up shop!!!

Somehow I dont think its the lure of the pasty's though!

Seriously though, without a doubt its an earner, you only have to look at the west cornwall pasty company in many train stations and hotspots arounf the UK.

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
When are you setting up a proper "Cornish Pasty" Brisbane based business then ?
Old Feb 21st 2005, 11:21 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Ello me ansome

Welcome to this ere site.
Got people from all over on ere.
Even got some of them funny English folk who like to do everything undred mile an our.

Bin ere in Queensland fer nearly bout 4 months an can confirm what CP said.
Good job I bring the wife weren't it now ? Good crimper she be.

Where'd you ail from then ?
I wuz from clay country in mid Cornwall.
Old Feb 21st 2005, 11:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

matt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond repute

I'm from Redcliffe, and my partner Matt has received his spouse visa! Make sure you send all your meds and police checks etc along with your application. We did, and got Matt's visa within 3 days of them receiving it. It's pretty straight forward, we'd love to answer any questions you've got. This forum really helped us out when we were applying.
Old Feb 21st 2005, 11:55 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

if you front load your application...
Translation please...
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 12:01 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

"Front load" - to include medicals and police checks with your application.
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 12:06 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steandleigh
"Front load" - to include medicals and police checks with your application.
.........before DIMIA ask for them.
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 12:19 am

Elaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bix
Ello me ansome

Welcome to this ere site.
Got people from all over on ere.
Even got some of them funny English folk who like to do everything undred mile an our.

Bin ere in Queensland fer nearly bout 4 months an can confirm what CP said.
Good job I bring the wife weren't it now ? Good crimper she be.

Where'd you ail from then ?
I wuz from clay country in mid Cornwall.
Might know that any mention of a Cornish Pasty and Bix would sniff it out!

Elaine M

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.