Wikiposts

Hi

Old Apr 16th 2003, 9:05 pm
ems
Forum Regular

ems is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Hi

Hello all,
Been browsing around here a few days, makes very interesting reading ! Thought we'd introduce ourselves....

We've applied to emigrate to Melbourne under STNI and are about to do our medicals. Up till now its all been very exciting, just got a buyer for the house and should be going into rented for the time being. It's all getting a bit scary now as the time gets closer to say goodbye to all our friends and family. Although we have got some friends in Melbourne so we're not completely on our own !

How does everyone else feel about the big move ? Why are you going ? We're going cause we're fed up of being stuck in the rat race, want a bit of adventure while we're still young? and don't want to be doing the same thing till we retire !

We've got 2 young kids, our friends tell us they'll love it out there. We all love the outdoors life, spending all the time we can at the beach or out for walks. We hope to do this more in Oz, with less rain than we get in Wales thats for sure !

Anyone else going to Melbourne ? Hope to get to know some of you in the coming weeks/months this looks like a great place to share info !

Ems
Old Apr 16th 2003, 9:13 pm
Forum Regular

HazelG is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Ems

welcome aboard!
we're going to apply for stni to SA, but there are a few people on the forum who are in the process of applying to Vic for STNI

If you've got the time, I'm sure they'd appreciate it if you posted your timeline!?

we would also as would be interested to hear how quickly things move once you've got STNI

Thanks
Hazel
Old Apr 16th 2003, 9:21 pm
Forum Regular

Location: From Port Talbot, South Wales to Ascot Vale, Melbourne
jonah66 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hi

Hi ems

We too are going STNI to Melbourne.

Police Certs & Meds were sent in Feb 03 & Apr 03. Yesterday we received the official request for them. I contacted DIMIA, just to double check that they had already got them ..... and they had!!!

Hoping to get out there before the Rugby World Cup!! (Oct 12)

Regards

Last edited by jonah66; Apr 16th 2003 at 9:24 pm.
Old Apr 16th 2003, 10:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

terryg is an unknown quantity at this point

Ems

Welcome on board !!

We too are going to Melbourne - already been STNI approved now waiting for visas

Speak soon

regards and good luck

Terry and Sharon

Originally posted by ems
Hello all,
Been browsing around here a few days, makes very interesting reading ! Thought we'd introduce ourselves....

We've applied to emigrate to Melbourne under STNI and are about to do our medicals. Up till now its all been very exciting, just got a buyer for the house and should be going into rented for the time being. It's all getting a bit scary now as the time gets closer to say goodbye to all our friends and family. Although we have got some friends in Melbourne so we're not completely on our own !

How does everyone else feel about the big move ? Why are you going ? We're going cause we're fed up of being stuck in the rat race, want a bit of adventure while we're still young? and don't want to be doing the same thing till we retire !

We've got 2 young kids, our friends tell us they'll love it out there. We all love the outdoors life, spending all the time we can at the beach or out for walks. We hope to do this more in Oz, with less rain than we get in Wales thats for sure !

Anyone else going to Melbourne ? Hope to get to know some of you in the coming weeks/months this looks like a great place to share info !

Ems
Old Apr 16th 2003, 11:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

booboo1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there

We are going to Melbourne hopefully by the end of our summer.
Im australian and Im sponsoring hubby over(born in Melbourne)

We are going because I was just sorting out returning there when I met hubby, fell in love (I know, pass the sick bucket)
stayed here until now. So I feel Iv,e done my bit by staying in the UK for sooo long, and now it,s time for us to all go back to Melbourne.
Do you know which parts you would like to live in. The eastern subs are really the best choice..

Cheers
BooBoo

PS Hi Terry G
You might beat me there!!!
Old Apr 16th 2003, 11:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi BooBoo

I've just finished throwing up (LOL)

I cant believe you lasted in the UK !

Where will you stay in Mel ?

When do you think you will be going ?

Regards

Terry

xx

Originally posted by booboo

Hi there

We are going to Melbourne hopefully by the end of our summer.
Im australian and Im sponsoring hubby over(born in Melbourne)

We are going because I was just sorting out returning there when I met hubby, fell in love (I know, pass the sick bucket)
stayed here until now. So I feel Iv,e done my bit by staying in the UK for sooo long, and now it,s time for us to all go back to Melbourne.
Do you know which parts you would like to live in. The eastern subs are really the best choice..

Cheers
BooBoo

PS Hi Terry G
You might beat me there!!!
Old Apr 17th 2003, 12:04 am
Forum Regular

Mandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really nice

Hi
I'm a single mum and a nurse and am hoping to go to Melbourne on a 457 visa in Sept.
Once i get a court order that allows me to take the kids out that is. This forum is my main source of information and its good to see how others are getting on.
Mandy
Old Apr 17th 2003, 1:24 am
Beyond Redemption

Snitzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by jonah66
Hi ems

We too are going STNI to Melbourne.

Police Certs & Meds were sent in Feb 03 & Apr 03. Yesterday we received the official request for them. I contacted DIMIA, just to double check that they had already got them ..... and they had!!!

Hoping to get out there before the Rugby World Cup!! (Oct 12)

Regards
Hi all
Wife and I are also off to Melbourne on Skilled Mig visas at end of Aug. Just in time for the World Cup ....excellent ! Although unlikely to be rooting for Wales ( sorry Jonah )
Maybe we could all meet up for a beer sometime ?
Old Apr 17th 2003, 1:32 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Snitzy
Hi all
Wife and I are also off to Melbourne on Skilled Mig visas at end of Aug. Just in time for the World Cup ....excellent ! Although unlikely to be rooting for Wales ( sorry Jonah )
Maybe we could all meet up for a beer sometime ?
It's the taking part that counts!!!

Beer sounds excellent (Several!!)

Old Apr 17th 2003, 2:58 am
BE Forum Addict

booboo1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Excellent idea about meeting up. Once we are all over perhaps we could get in touch via this site and decide where to meet etc. Perhaps have bbq and pool party.!!!!

See you

booboo
Old Apr 17th 2003, 3:02 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by booboo

Excellent idea about meeting up. Once we are all over perhaps we could get in touch via this site and decide where to meet etc. Perhaps have bbq and pool party.!!!!

See you

booboo
I'm practicing my bbq skills this weekend!!!

And my beer drinking skills!!!

Old Apr 17th 2003, 3:23 am
Beyond Redemption

Snitzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by jonah66
I'm practicing my bbq skills this weekend!!!

And my beer drinking skills!!!

Good call !!
That's a date then ... see you all there for the Australia v England Final !
Old Apr 17th 2003, 3:26 am
Forum Regular

Good call !!
Maybe!!
Old Apr 17th 2003, 3:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Good call !!

Any room for a small one ?

Old Apr 17th 2003, 4:54 am
Forum Regular

Vanou is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by ems
Hello all,

Ems

Hi Ems
Heading for Melbourne too but don't really know when we'll get there as we're still waiting for medicals and police checks to be requested (applied for Skilled Migration in November).
Spent a month in Australia in 1998 and have not stopped thinking about living there since. Just felt it was the place for us (you know, that strange feeling in your guts?). Visited Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne and Melbourne really did it for us. It's a beautiful big city with great parks and lots to do, on the sport side as well as the cultural side.
We're going because although we are both French, we never seemed to fit in our own culture. Always felt closer to the British (to the total dissaray of our families). Lived in London as students, loved it, but the poor quality of life prevented us from choosing the UK as our new adopting country.
From what we've seen and learned about the Australian way of life we believe we can fit in there quite well. We fell in love with the landscapes as well, and just love the fact that this country is so empty : need the quietness desperately but also need to live in a big city, so we felt the compromise was excellent.
Actually living in Canada because we could'nt stand to stay in Paris any longer (hubby had to wait 4 years before being eligibile for ACS assessment!!!). So, now at least we know what it's like to emigrate and are fully prepared for the big move. Can't be worse than what we experienced coming over here as we had never set foot in North America before (pretty crazy, I know, but the canadian experience has been a good one for us, so, why not?). Getting used to the starting-it-all-over-again stuff but can't wait to really settle down now though.
I'll be happy to share thoughts anytime. Don't know anyone in Melbourne yet but believe this forum is a great opportunity not only to find useful practical information but also moral support and maybe make a few friends.
Vanessa

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.