Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

HGV QUERY BRISBANE

HGV QUERY BRISBANE

Old Jun 19th 2008, 11:53 pm
Forum Regular

gormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nice
Default HGV QUERY BRISBANE

Hi All We have just moved to Brissy yesterday i went to Queensland Transport to change my UK licence to Ozzy one my HGV also ,the girl said i would have to take a theory test which i did and passed that then she said i would have to sit my HGV practical test again i said i,v held my HGV licence for 28 years she said i still had to do it though she did,nt seem that sure has any other drivers went through this it does,nt seem right, also i,v got to hire the truck to sit the test any advice on this Thanks in Advance
Old Jun 20th 2008, 1:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HGV QUERY BRISBANE

Originally Posted by gormac
Hi All We have just moved to Brissy yesterday i went to Queensland Transport to change my UK licence to Ozzy one my HGV also ,the girl said i would have to take a theory test which i did and passed that then she said i would have to sit my HGV practical test again i said i,v held my HGV licence for 28 years she said i still had to do it though she did,nt seem that sure has any other drivers went through this it does,nt seem right, also i,v got to hire the truck to sit the test any advice on this Thanks in Advance
Can't give any specific advice regarding HGV's, but in light of all the training and licencing issues that many tradies have when moving over here, I'd assume she was probably right.

Bitch I know.

Done a search on the forum, came up with the following:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...&highlight=hgv

Last edited by spartacus; Jun 20th 2008 at 1:21 am.
Old Jun 20th 2008, 1:55 am
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

It's true... My car and bike licence transferred ok, but my Class 1 didn't... sorry mate...
Old Jun 20th 2008, 5:27 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Contact this guy, he sits on the panel that decides what you have to do and has been arguing it should be transferable, he'll be able to tell you the latest.
http://www.ianwatson.net/ he's just outside central Brisbane.
Old Jun 20th 2008, 7:30 am
Just Joined

polo is an unknown quantity at this point

Worth looking at " Heavy goods theory test in Brisbane " thread again.
Old Jun 20th 2008, 10:35 am
Just Joined

polo is an unknown quantity at this point

Old Jun 20th 2008, 10:41 am

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Yup!! Unfortunately mate - you will have to pay money to re-sit your test. I have held mine for 17 years, still had to re-sit. I do recommend you get a few hours in first though - the roads here are different and the way they drive, slightly different in a truck. You'll need to get your head around a non-synchro gearbox as well.

Originally Posted by annqldau
Contact this guy, he sits on the panel that decides what you have to do and has been arguing it should be transferable, he'll be able to tell you the latest.
http://www.ianwatson.net/ he's just outside central Brisbane.
Comes highly recommended from me!
Old Jun 21st 2008, 12:35 am
Forum Regular

gormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nice

thanks for your help guys