Hgv

Old Aug 13th 2006, 5:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Arty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hgv

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all,
i have been dying to move to Aus as has my wife and kids .Unfortunately my job is not in sol or any other list.There are plenty of jobs for Chemical Control room ops but you have to have PR.
Anyway i hear there is a great demand for HGV drivers,i am toying with the idea of going through an HGV driving course if that would enable us to gain access to our dream.Even if i have to drive for a year or two to gain experience.
Feel free to comment on this strategy ,is it a goer or a dead duck in the water.

PS.
We are both 41 so time is running out.

Cheers
Arty
Old Aug 13th 2006, 5:56 pm
Account Closed

conat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hgv

Originally Posted by Arty
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all,
i have been dying to move to Aus as has my wife and kids .Unfortunately my job is not in sol or any other list.There are plenty of jobs for Chemical Control room ops but you have to have PR.
Anyway i hear there is a great demand for HGV drivers,i am toying with the idea of going through an HGV driving course if that would enable us to gain access to our dream.Even if i have to drive for a year or two to gain experience.
Feel free to comment on this strategy ,is it a goer or a dead duck in the water.

PS.
We are both 41 so time is running out.

Cheers
Arty

Hi Arty

Dont know much about HGV, but am sure there will be plenty of members who do and give you some help, I do know they are in demand and I would say GO FOR IT.

Hubby and me were in the same position with regards to age and we just made the cut off date by ONE month (he's 45).

What's a couple of years training to a lifetime of living your dream

Just want to wish you loads of luck with your journey in getting to OZ
Old Aug 13th 2006, 9:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Arty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Hgv

Hi Conat,

thanks for the encouragement . I reckon this is my last throw of the dice have thought of one or two options but they fell through .
So if any of you great people out there can get me in touch with drivers or even better still companies ,shout out loud.

All the best People

Arty & Family
Old Aug 13th 2006, 11:51 pm
Forum Regular

Spainy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Conat,

thanks for the encouragement . I reckon this is my last throw of the dice have thought of one or two options but they fell through .
So if any of you great people out there can get me in touch with drivers or even better still companies ,shout out loud.

All the best People

Arty & Family
Arty
I'm over here on a different route...studying nursing, but i too have an HGV and as i understand it, it is worth nothing here. I haven't looked into it but i think you would need to take your test over here and gain an australian type HGV. By the way...I was 41 when i came here to study nursing...theres always a way
Good luck
Spainy
Old Aug 15th 2006, 8:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Red face Re: Hgv

Originally Posted by Spainy
Arty
I'm over here on a different route...studying nursing, but i too have an HGV and as i understand it, it is worth nothing here. I haven't looked into it but i think you would need to take your test over here and gain an australian type HGV. By the way...I was 41 when i came here to study nursing...theres always a way
Good luck
Spainy
Hi,
is there anyone with any info on HGV driving and is it worthwhile going down this road ,no pun intended.
Chears Arty
Old Aug 15th 2006, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

bonn will become famous soon enough

Hi,
is there anyone with any info on HGV driving and is it worthwhile going down this road ,no pun intended.
Chears Arty
Hi Arty,
I think you'll need to come up with another plan, if you check the SOL you'll find that HGV driver isn't included in the list, I hope you manage to come up with something else
Cheers
Bonn
Old Aug 15th 2006, 9:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Unhappy Re:

Originally Posted by bonn
Hi Arty,
I think you'll need to come up with another plan, if you check the SOL you'll find that HGV driver isn't included in the list, I hope you manage to come up with something else
Cheers
Bonn
Hi Bonn,
i know ,it,s just that i hear that there is a possibility that this might change.I had a look on the SOL list for my own job Chemical Plant Controlroom Operator as before nothing.
It is on the ENS List under 4987-11 but i need sponsored and the chances for that a limited i would think.
Cheers
Arty
Old Aug 15th 2006, 9:57 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
Chears Arty
The UK LGV test will not get you a HC licence over here. (or an MC licence which is much more exciting!) You will need to take the HC test in whichever state it is you intend to settle in. There is a shortage of qualified drivers but only in specific places as far as I can tell. Generally truckies are having a hard time over here at the moment. Another poster has said LGV drivers are not on the list so would think you need another option.

All the best and good luck,
Rod
Old Aug 16th 2006, 5:25 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

There have been several posts over the last few months on the Lifestyle forum from truckies.
I'll move this one over there - you could also search that forum, I know its come up several times.
Old Aug 16th 2006, 11:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pollyana
There have been several posts over the last few months on the Lifestyle forum from truckies.
I'll move this one over there - you could also search that forum, I know its come up several times.
Hi Pollyana,
thanks i am probably just clutching at straws but nothing ventured nothing gained.

Cheers
Old Aug 16th 2006, 12:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Santa is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to behold

Hi Arty,
Best to contact the Licence Authority for whatever state your going too. They will be able to tell you what the procedure is for exchanging licences.
I took my HR licence soon after getting my car and bike one. That allows me to drive anything as long as the trailer is under 9 tones. From what I remember you have to hold that licence for 12 months before you can take your MC (roadtrain) licence.
Be warned though Arty, there are a number of dodgy operators in the heavy haulage industry and no tacho's as yet in W.A. so some drivers are on the road way longer than they should be.
Good luck
Mark
Old Aug 16th 2006, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

Spainy is an unknown quantity at this point

Arty
Are you looking to use your existing HGV as a way of emigrating on a skilled visa? I think that's what you are saying. If so I don't think it is a route open to you. I haven't replied to the last pm you sent me tet, but i will try and give you any info i can if you are interested in the study to pr option. By no means a certainty, but if you research it right and theres no other way to get over here, it can be an option. Like i said i am studying nursing, and am 99% certain of gaining pr on completion of the course. Pm me again if you want to know more about it
Good luck
Spainy
Old Aug 18th 2006, 4:44 am
sullysdownunder

wayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to behold

hi ya ,
a mate in the uk is doing her upmost to get in oz but like you her hubby is a hgv driver they have been told that in oct the hgv driver will be on the new list for skilled visa,s , i really hope so for them, if you pm me wayne {my hubby} has just got a job with bp he will help you with want to do ,we are based in qld townsville .. he was offered 5 driving jobs in the space of a week so that proves drivers are in big damand here....

good luck and try not to give up

kez x