Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

HEY PEOPLE WHAT WOULD YOU DO??????????

HEY PEOPLE WHAT WOULD YOU DO??????????

Old Nov 30th 2009, 1:06 pm
Forum Regular

johnb1 is on a distinguished road
Default HEY PEOPLE WHAT WOULD YOU DO??????????

hi everyone
want to live in western oz.
new to this posting but hoping for a bit of advice.
i have got my skills assessed by TRA (mechanical fitter), a month away from state sponsorship from WA (hopefully). someone has just offered the asking price on my house, we can move in with my parents no problem. this would mean we could save a packet £1500 a month easy, because we applied for a 176 visa and the times have gone through the roof i dont know what would be best???
1.move out, save and wait.
2.move out save and try to get a job over there and go employer sponsored which is the fastest route now??
3.stay put.
if we have no house i am thinkin then there is nothing stopping us to get out there and go for it, we have 2 kids 3 and 7, so thinkin about them & upsetting them.
what would you do??
any advice would be great.
Old Nov 30th 2009, 3:05 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HEY PEOPLE WHAT WOULD YOU DO??????????

Originally Posted by johnb1
hi everyone
want to live in western oz.
new to this posting but hoping for a bit of advice.
i have got my skills assessed by TRA (mechanical fitter), a month away from state sponsorship from WA (hopefully). someone has just offered the asking price on my house, we can move in with my parents no problem. this would mean we could save a packet £1500 a month easy, because we applied for a 176 visa and the times have gone through the roof i dont know what would be best???
1.move out, save and wait.
2.move out save and try to get a job over there and go employer sponsored which is the fastest route now??
3.stay put.
if we have no house i am thinkin then there is nothing stopping us to get out there and go for it, we have 2 kids 3 and 7, so thinkin about them & upsetting them.
what would you do??
any advice would be great.
If staying put is even a thought in your mind then I would hold off emigrating until you are sure. It is normal to have nerves but at the 'selling house stage', staying put shouldnt be an option.

If you are not sure then I wouldnt sell your house, many people will say go for it but you don't sound that certain if staying put is on the list.

The downside is the price you have been offered for your house, but then again selling your house when you are not sure is a higher price to pay.
Old Nov 30th 2009, 4:17 pm
Forum Regular

thanks for the reply
oh no i put that on the list purely about the house sale now, before we have a visa or clarification of pending MODL update. it is really not an option, i have never been more sure about a life in wa than anything else.
thanks
Old Nov 30th 2009, 4:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Is your occupation on CSL? Well that could be disappearing soon, but you could be in for a long wait for the visa anyway unless SS priorities are restored. Would you want to live with parents for a long time if you sell your house now? So many people are having trouble selling so if you are sure about the move it might be good to off load the house whilst you can and rent or live with parents for time being.

Employer sponsorship is an option but to be honest a rather optimistic one. If I were you I would not drag two kids over in the hope of finding an employer willing to sponsor, but perhaps you could go alone and send for family if you get lucky?
Old Nov 30th 2009, 6:04 pm
Forum Regular

fitter is on modl for WA but not csl. i think we are lucky to sell house so if we get rid and save for a few months and pray for a ss change, because i am hearing WA cannot function with the current csl. yep its goin to be tough living back home but 6months of that then its £10000/$19000 in the bank.
thanks for ur reply
Old Dec 1st 2009, 1:10 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

fitter is on modl for WA but not csl. i think we are lucky to sell house so if we get rid and save for a few months and pray for a ss change, because i am hearing WA cannot function with the current csl. yep its goin to be tough living back home but 6months of that then its £10000/$19000 in the bank.
thanks for ur reply
I would not let the kids affect your decision in any way....at that age they are very resilient and after a week of change soon adapt.....its the parents who worry more!!! Been there mate!
Old Dec 1st 2009, 1:26 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for ur reply
Be careful. Whatever you think the processing times are - double it, add a random number and a touch of absolute frustration.
Old Dec 1st 2009, 2:52 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for ur reply
6 months? Not likely. If your occupation is not on CSL you are in for at least a year, if not more. There is a sticky in the immigration forum with the current processing times (September 23 changes). State sponsored visas are not at the top of the priority food chain at the moment, so you're going to be waiting a while unless you get either a job offer or CSL.

I'm not sure what this because i am hearing WA cannot function with the current csl means. WA functions just fine as far as I'm aware.
Old Dec 1st 2009, 4:03 am
Forum Regular

dorothy
erm i am not sure comment
i have spoken too western aus state government officials thats were i heard it.
they were pointing out that the future projects they have in line, the current csl has occupations that are completly useless to them as a state. eg. aircraft engineers???? i didnt say i would have a visa in 6months i was just saying if i sell my house and live with parents i could save an amount in 6months which would help when we do actually get there.
Old Dec 1st 2009, 4:07 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
6 months? Not likely. If your occupation is not on CSL you are in for at least a year, if not more. There is a sticky in the immigration forum with the current processing times (September 23 changes). State sponsored visas are not at the top of the priority food chain at the moment, so you're going to be waiting a while unless you get either a job offer or CSL.

I'm not sure what this because i am hearing WA cannot function with the current csl means. WA functions just fine as far as I'm aware.
lol...I do love your footnote!!!
Old Dec 1st 2009, 4:15 am
Forum Regular

cheers paddyo
Old Dec 1st 2009, 8:44 am
Social Grenade Thrower

cheers paddyo
er....I meant Dorothy's footnote that she puts on her posts!! lol
Old Dec 1st 2009, 8:51 am
BE Forum Addict

NELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of light

dorothy
erm i am not sure comment
i have spoken too western aus state government officials thats were i heard it.
they were pointing out that the future projects they have in line, the current csl has occupations that are completly useless to them as a state. eg. aircraft engineers???? i didnt say i would have a visa in 6months i was just saying if i sell my house and live with parents i could save an amount in 6months which would help when we do actually get there.
And what's wrong with Aircraft Engineers pray tell?
Old Dec 1st 2009, 10:00 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NELBHOY
And what's wrong with Aircraft Engineers pray tell?
Not a thing. They keep the airplanes in the air where they should be.
Old Dec 1st 2009, 11:18 am
BE Forum Addict

NELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Not a thing. They keep the airplanes in the air where they should be.
Thanks Dorothy, that's exactlly what I do, inbetween sleeping on the couch

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.