Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

hey everyone - Best places to meet people in Sydney?

hey everyone - Best places to meet people in Sydney?

Old May 28th 2011, 3:28 am
Just Joined

sidewinder is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile hey everyone - Best places to meet people in Sydney?

hi my name is karen and we came to sydney 8 months ago, we as in my hubby and I, just wondering if anyone can tell me places to meet people we are in our early forties.
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 8:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Tubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to all
Default Re: hey everyone - Best places to meet people in Sydney?

Originally Posted by sidewinder
hi my name is karen and we came to sydney 8 months ago, we as in my hubby and I, just wondering if anyone can tell me places to meet people we are in our early forties.
You may have found it already, but there is a group that meet in the CBD every Thursday night, have a look in the meet ups section.

There is also a North Shore group of ladies that meet up, saw that you're in Hornsby. I love it up this end of Sydney, we're in Berowra.
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 10:34 pm
Spud

spuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond repute

We are 45 minutes north of you at Avoca Beach, great place to visit on a Sunday afternoon so pop round for a beer and some Yorkshire pud if you are in th e area Both in our 40's with 9 year old daughter.
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 4:35 am
Just Joined

Lawtons in OZ is just really niceLawtons in OZ is just really niceLawtons in OZ is just really niceLawtons in OZ is just really niceLawtons in OZ is just really niceLawtons in OZ is just really niceLawtons in OZ is just really niceLawtons in OZ is just really nice

Originally Posted by spuddyo
We are 45 minutes north of you at Avoca Beach, great place to visit on a Sunday afternoon so pop round for a beer and some Yorkshire pud if you are in th e area Both in our 40's with 9 year old daughter.
Hi there,

We moved here 2 months ago and live in North Sydney CBD, we too are hoping to meet others in similar situation.

We are in late thirties with a 7 Year old girl called Matilda, and if it helps my hubby is a Yorkshire man (Rotherham) but I try not to hold that against him

Hoping not to sound too desperate.........................Amanda
Old Jul 3rd 2011, 12:20 pm
Just Joined

hey there
sorry am late getting back to you amanda but problems with the computor but its all good now we as in my hubby and i moved here 8 months ago but we are finding it hard meeting people. hahaha cant say anything about yorkshire folk as we too are from yorkshire would love to keep in touch and maybe we could meet up for coffee are something a bit stronger speak soon karen
Old Jul 3rd 2011, 12:22 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by spuddyo
hey might take you up on the yorkshire and beer sounds good lol
Old Jul 3rd 2011, 12:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

bananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud of

Cant help sorry

OH and I have been here 2 and a half years and still dont know anyone

I think its coz Im a kiwi
Old Jul 4th 2011, 1:14 am
Just Joined

hey babanalana,
where abouts are you living we are in hornsby. omg is it that hard to meet people, we are a outgoing couple and coming from a large circle of freinds back in the uk to none oh dear we must do something about this
Old Jul 5th 2011, 2:04 pm
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Sydney CBD drinks every Thursday evening. Try that as a starter, very friendly people and good to chat with. Its always advertised in the Meet Ups section.