British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Hey all .... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/hey-all-280147/)

Hutch Jan 26th 2005 2:56 pm

Hey all ....

Been lurking for a little while but I thought I'd break cover and introduce myself. I'm Hutch (only ever Andy to my mum) and me and my wife Catherine and son Josh hope to emigrate some time within the next 18months/two years. I'm already an Australian citizen (thanks dad!) so visas and stuff shouldn't be an issue for any of us. We plan on staying with my folks (Berry, NSW) for at least the first year (they have a big house with a separate apartment at the back) and then I plan to open a coffee shop somewhere along the Princes Highway (probably in Berry if I'm being honest ;) ) - Catherine will continue doing web design work. We're really hyped up about going, but the details involved really are something else (this site has proved to be a superb informational resource). We got back form a month long holiday a couple of weeks ago and have already booked flights to return for all of December 05 and Jan 06. Anyway, no doubt I'll be asking lots of questions over the coming months... *waves*

stephenwhite68 Jan 26th 2005 2:58 pm

Re: Hey all ....

Originally Posted by Hutch
Been lurking for a little while but I thought I'd break cover and introduce myself. I'm Hutch (only ever Andy to my mum) and me and my wife Catherine and son Josh hope to emigrate some time within the next 18months/two years. I'm already an Australian citizen (thanks dad!) so visas and stuff shouldn't be an issue for any of us. We plan on staying with my folks (Berry, NSW) for at least the first year (they have a big house with a separate apartment at the back) and then I plan to open a coffee shop somewhere along the Princes Highway (probably in Berry if I'm being honest ;) ) - Catherine will continue doing web design work. We're really hyped up about going, but the details involved really are something else (this site has proved to be a superb informational resource). We got back form a month long holiday a couple of weeks ago and have already booked flights to return for all of December 05 and Jan 06. Anyway, no doubt I'll be asking lots of questions over the coming months... *waves*

welcome to the madhouse ...

Kelli28 Jan 26th 2005 3:05 pm

hiya hutch and welcome

moneypenny20 Jan 26th 2005 3:27 pm

welcome and don't get stressed. :D

sel Jan 26th 2005 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by Hutch

Hi there and welcome :beer:

Sounds like your all sorted - great plan :)

Sel x

Hutch Jan 26th 2005 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by sel
Hi there and welcome :beer:

Sounds like your all sorted - great plan :)

Sel x

Hehe. Well, the big picture's sorted, but it's those incidental 1000 or so details that need to be worked out. Same for everyone though I guess :D

Sue2 Jan 26th 2005 5:24 pm

Hi & welcome Hutch :D

Sue :)

wmoore Jan 26th 2005 7:05 pm

Welcome Hutch. I'm sure all of your 'incidental details' can be answered here :D