Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Here's what I'm looking for - Advice greatly appreciated.

Here's what I'm looking for - Advice greatly appreciated.

Old Nov 24th 2010, 3:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Here's what I'm looking for - Advice greatly appreciated.

You wanted "Quiet" professional... remember that with roller shuttered attached garages and backyard living... you seldom see a live person in the burbs... with remotes for the rollers they dont even get out of their cars when they get home...

drive up, drive in, close door.... gone.... phhht... no more....

Now you come to mention it... can't remember the last time I actually SAW our neighbours... must be at least 6 weeks ago..
Old Nov 27th 2010, 9:24 am
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute

I spotted this real estate agent at a shopping centre today: http://www.davidevans.com.au/search.aspx?st=fs. They seem to have a lot of reasonably priced properties. Some of them are in dodgy suburbs, though, so you would have to do your homework carefully. Some of the homes look very good value, eg one at Yanchep.
Old Nov 27th 2010, 1:37 pm
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Hello stranger Hows it going with you?

I didnt recognise you without your old avatar, you were living out in the sticks if I remember?
Going well, although it seems my basic cse in English always lets me down!

Built the house, love the area. I know all my neighbours by name and get constantly tipsy at the weekends with them, life in the bush is great!

Living out on a larger property may have its down side such as no takeway in the nearby area, but the pros far outweigh the cons.

Its quiet, peaceful full of wildlife some of which may not to be to everyones taste and my neighbours are a great bunch of people all very down to earth. I find we have a community here where in the burbs there was not the same feeling between our neighbours.

Always nice to hear for the old gang. Wonder if Jill every has a sneek peek through the forum, I think of her often and her shopping fetish! Quite a few of the old group of Perth girls has since left Perth.

Anyhow back to the question in hand, you can get a dream house for under 600k I did it for well under that amount, 5 acres with house etc. For that I built a 4 x 2, games, 2nd living area, computer/office space. It may even echo if I shout from one end to the other! We changed a few details off plan, added 3 metre verandahs all round, solar glass and lots and lots of insulation. We may still be finishing bits off but what we have managed to do in the last couple of years is well worth it. Crime rates here, well there isn't any!

Jen