Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Here's what I'm looking for - Advice greatly appreciated.

Here's what I'm looking for - Advice greatly appreciated.

Old Nov 11th 2010, 11:31 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Here's what I'm looking for - Advice greatly appreciated.

Originally Posted by jensteve
Whatever.... no wonder I don't come on here all that often anymore.
Hello stranger Hows it going with you?

I didnt recognise you without your old avatar, you were living out in the sticks if I remember?
Old Nov 11th 2010, 11:33 am
ian

mabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to all

Originally Posted by neila72
When thinking about where to live in Perth I have jotted down my must haves. I would appreciate everyones recommendations. I'm visiting Perth in a couple of weeks and want to visit areas that fit my criteria. My preferences are:

1. Has to be Quiet and not overly populated.
2. Professional area ideal for people with no kids.
3. Either close to the beach, or semi-rural towards the hills.
4. Semi-rural and choice of property with plenty of privacy.
5. Good transport links into CBD.
6. Established area but with modern living (not old dated properties).

I really hope you can offer some advice that I can use on my reccie. Thanks.
Good luck with that!
Carol
Old Nov 11th 2010, 11:42 am
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

I always find it interesting when people post these sort of questions and people take the time to reply yet the OP never bothers to post any more info in reply or even thank.
Old Nov 17th 2010, 6:18 pm
Just Joined

neila72 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've replied personally to the people on here who offered me some genuine advice, but to all the sarcastic backbiting comments I have no response too.
Old Nov 17th 2010, 10:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

I've replied personally to the people on here who offered me some genuine advice, but to all the sarcastic backbiting comments I have no response too.
To be fair threads in the barbie do tend to deteriorate into 'fun, irreverant, irrelevancy if OP doesn't appear to engage after the initial post....

TBH the requirements without a rough price guide was an impissibolity to give a very serious answer to...
Old Nov 18th 2010, 12:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Other than that one.
Old Nov 18th 2010, 12:19 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

As none of the 'irrelevant' comments were related to your post I'm not sure why it's a problem for you. Vast majority of the posters have been more than helpful. This is the Barbie, rarely does a thread stay on topic with only valid, relevant comments.
Old Nov 18th 2010, 12:44 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

? You didn't reply to my comment. If you provide a rough budget, people will be able to provide you with much better advice.
Old Nov 18th 2010, 12:51 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

What's the point of being on BE if you are not going to participate in the threads that you started? Sending PMs is all well and good but hardly in the spirit of an internet forum. Actually look up the meaning of the word 'forum' and it will give you an idea of what I am talking about.
Old Nov 18th 2010, 1:13 am
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute

You haven't replied to me either, and I gave you the names of several suburbs, and no sarcastic comments.
Old Nov 18th 2010, 1:15 am
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
What's the point of being on BE if you are not going to participate in the threads that you started? Sending PMs is all well and good but hardly in the spirit of an internet forum. Actually look up the meaning of the word 'forum' and it will give you an idea of what I am talking about.
When things get nasty on BE, and they frequently do, people will resort to PMs to communicate with others. If someone has a particular view that others don't agree with, then they should be free to say so, without being called all sorts of nasty names.
Old Nov 18th 2010, 5:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

when did things get nasty?
Old Nov 18th 2010, 7:37 am
Just Joined

neila72 is an unknown quantity at this point

Apologies to those I haven't replied too with feedback to my post. I have been busy with work which is why I haven't had chance to reply to my post. The nature of forums makes it easy to misinterpret what people say I guess - there's obviously a culture going on here that I'm not yet part of. Thanks again for the feedback. I'm off to Perth in four hours!!! Wish me luck.
Old Nov 18th 2010, 8:25 am
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of

good luck enjoy your visit
Old Nov 18th 2010, 8:35 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Apologies to those I haven't replied too with feedback to my post. I have been busy with work which is why I haven't had chance to reply to my post. The nature of forums makes it easy to misinterpret what people say I guess - there's obviously a culture going on here that I'm not yet part of. Thanks again for the feedback. I'm off to Perth in four hours!!! Wish me luck.
Good luck! Don't forget to come back and report on your impressions of Perth

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.