Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Here we go, the fun has begun!

Here we go, the fun has begun!

Old Aug 20th 2006, 7:54 am
Account Closed

Paul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant future
Default Here we go, the fun has begun!

Well temps seem to be on the increase and now the fun begins!

Earlier today I hear Nic scream out loud as she opens the dishwasher. I run over thinking there is a dead body in it (as you would) ... only to find this silly thing:

>

>

>

>

Now we've been here since March and appreciate we've gone through the milder months, and the hotter ones are to come, and so will the lil nasties! ... but ...

HOW THE HELL DOES A 2" COCKROACH GET INTO A DISHWASHER ?!?!?

That's what I can't work out ...
Old Aug 20th 2006, 8:22 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Here we go, the fun has begun!

Originally Posted by Paul&Nic

Now we've been here since March and appreciate we've gone through the milder months, and the hotter ones are to come, and so will the lil nasties! ... but ...

They can - and do - get in everywhere. We had a plague of them coming up through the plughole in the shower but my fave tale was one of BondiPoms - he had a nest of them in his computer keyboard..... :scared:

They are the spawn of the devil....even more so than beetroot. Oh - and you know that they fly, into the bargain, don't you!
Old Aug 20th 2006, 8:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute

We foind an earwig in the microwave after it had been going for 3 mins on high :scared: It was completely fine afterwards.
Old Aug 20th 2006, 8:23 am
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute

We found one in a cupboard the other day, door was closed, no holes in the cupboard, but the little (or should I say huge) bugger got in.

Found a white tailed spider in the sink too, it got washed down pretty quick.

Our house is raised up from the ground, so I have a feeling the void under the house will be a hotbead for bugs in the summer.

Time to get pest control in I think.
Old Aug 20th 2006, 8:26 am
Account Closed

Paul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant futurePaul&Nic has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Pollyana
he had a nest of them in his computer keyboard..... :scared:
:scared: alright! ... urghhh!

Oh - and you know that they fly, into the bargain, don't you!
I'm not looking forward to one of them flying towards me thank you.

I got rid of a Huntsman the other day cleaning out the garage, and maybe that was a bad move as I hear they look after the roaches.
Old Aug 20th 2006, 8:31 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Anastasia Beaverhausen
Yeah I need to find out who's responsible for 'pest control' as it's a rental. If it's us then no worries I'll find out who's the one's to use' as it's probable getting to that time of year.

Someone said you know when your house needs spraying as instead of finding dead roaches, you start finding alive ones.

Altho as I say dunno how this thing got in, maybe thru the pipeworks !??
Old Aug 20th 2006, 8:35 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

They are the spawn of the devil....even more so than beetroot.
Oh now come on, now you're talking rubbish
Old Aug 20th 2006, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

JosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud of

I know it may not help in the dishwasher, but when we went to Goa on honeymoon, they put mothballs in plugholes and on outside drain covers (to stop them coming up from underground) and also in urinals etc. Ok there's a bit of an odd mothbally smell, but i stopped noticing it after a while! I certainly never saw a cockroach anywhere there were mothballs and boy were there some big ones out there too!
Old Aug 20th 2006, 9:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not looking forward to one of them flying towards me thank you.

No, it's not fun TRUST ME :scared:
Old Aug 20th 2006, 9:55 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Anastasia Beaverhausen
We found one in a cupboard the other day, door was closed, no holes in the cupboard, but the little (or should I say huge) bugger got in.

Found a white tailed spider in the sink too, it got washed down pretty quick.

Our house is raised up from the ground, so I have a feeling the void under the house will be a hotbead for bugs in the summer.

Start with baits, available pretty much everywhere, which will kill the whole nest one the buggers start to arrive. If you see a roach during the day then you've got a problem basically.
Outdoor spray all the entry points, esp damp areas.
Put baits under the house.

Have fun!
Old Aug 20th 2006, 10:14 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Teliko21
We foind an earwig in the microwave after it had been going for 3 mins on high :scared: It was completely fine afterwards.
Apparently scientists theorize that they can survive a thermonuclear explosion, so I don't think a microwave would affect them.
Old Aug 20th 2006, 10:15 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Yeh, they get everywhere. We've had them in the dishwasher as well. Not a pretty sight. Them or the ants :scared:

Cheers
Ginny
Old Aug 20th 2006, 10:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Bloke
Apparently scientists theorize that they can survive a thermonuclear explosion, so I don't think a microwave would affect them.
Hehe I thought I had read that somewhere and now I have to agree! I have a whole new respect for the little buggers
Old Aug 20th 2006, 10:18 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Teliko21
Hehe I thought I had read that somewhere and now I have to agree! I have a whole new respect for the little buggers
A good squirt of Baygon and their stuffed though.
Old Aug 20th 2006, 10:20 am
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

We rented a holiday place in Noosa a couple of years ago. On one occasion, I'd just taken my toast out the toaster ...... and a ruddy great cockroach crawled out the bottom of the toaster. Put me right off my breakfast!

Nicky

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.