British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Here in Perth at last (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/here-perth-last-279606/)

steveyp Jan 24th 2005 12:00 pm

Here in Perth at last

Well we are in sunny Perth, arrived last thursday via Kuala Lumpur (3 day stop) I fully recommend the Mandarin Oriental. Service is simply unbelievable.

staying in Duncraig for 6 weeks in furnished accomodation, kids start Duncraig Senior High on Monday. Decent rental property seems thin on the ground but we are looking hard.

First impressions are FANTASTIC, so glad we picked Perth. Hot but not humid, have not seen many flies yet., not a single mossie bite yet too.

Picking up our Nissan Xtrail on Thursday, from Mandurah Nissan, which I arranged before we came out.

I will register the company this week (we are on a 163 4 year temp residents visa, so we have a bit of work to do to stay), so if anyone wants or knows anybody who needs Internet services, web design, programming, hosting and e-commerce please let me know, we are on stevep at iocea dot com (just making sure spam get to me!)

Interested to here from anyone who is close to us or any up and coming meets or what people are doing for Australia day this week?

Cheers to all :)

Dreamaway 10 Jan 24th 2005 12:34 pm

Re: Here in Perth at last

Originally Posted by steveyp
Well we are in sunny Perth, arrived last thursday via Kuala Lumpur (3 day stop) I fully recommend the Mandarin Oriental. Service is simply unbelievable.

staying in Duncraig for 6 weeks in furnished accomodation, kids start Duncraig Senior High on Monday. Decent rental property seems thin on the ground but we are looking hard.

First impressions are FANTASTIC, so glad we picked Perth. Hot but not humid, have not seen many flies yet., not a single mossie bite yet too.

Picking up our Nissan Xtrail on Thursday, from Mandurah Nissan, which I arranged before we came out.

I will register the company this week (we are on a 163 4 year temp residents visa, so we have a bit of work to do to stay), so if anyone wants or knows anybody who needs Internet services, web design, programming, hosting and e-commerce please let me know, we are on stevep at iocea dot com (just making sure spam get to me!)

Interested to here from anyone who is close to us or any up and coming meets or what people are doing for Australia day this week?

Hi Steve.
Glad you had a good trip to Perth.Good to hear you think Perth is fantastic.
Cannot wait to visit we are coming out end of Feb fo a reckkie.
I see you are renting in Duncraig this is one area we have also been looking at .Any advice would be much appreciated.
We need to find our little boy who is 6 a good primary school which is one of our main priorities and a toddler group for our 2.5 year old.
Hope the mozzies stay away from you.
Good Luck with setting up your company all the best with your new life
Dreamaway.

Vegemite Kids Jan 24th 2005 1:42 pm

Welcome to Perth !!!!!

There are a couple of BE members living in Duncraig - Contact Siren and Maggy to have fabby neighbours. Both live in Duncraig.

regarding australia day there is a meet up in Kings park (which unfortunately we cant join due to prior invite by neighbours) but most of the Perth Ladies Pole Dancing Club will be present. Are you brave enough to join in ????? :D

steveyp Jan 24th 2005 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by Dreamaway 10
Hi Steve.
Glad you had a good trip to Perth.Good to hear you think Perth is fantastic.
Cannot wait to visit we are coming out end of Feb fo a reckkie.
I see you are renting in Duncraig this is one area we have also been looking at .Any advice would be much appreciated.
We need to find our little boy who is 6 a good primary school which is one of our main priorities and a toddler group for our 2.5 year old.
Hope the mozzies stay away from you.
Good Luck with setting up your company all the best with your new life
Dreamaway.

Hi Dreamaway,
All suburbs that we have seen look ok, but some seems to be a little more scruffy, but not in a UK way! Duncraig is nice, we chose this to get in the catchment area for Duncraig Senior High. (The Duncraig Primary is a feeder school for this).
I can't give much more advice as we are soooo new ourselves but if you are coming out in Feb then think Gulf Coast Florida (e.g. Naples) but much much nicer and without the Americans.
Thanks for the good wishes!
Steve

maggy Jan 25th 2005 5:03 am

Hi Dreamaway,
All suburbs that we have seen look ok, but some seems to be a little more scruffy, but not in a UK way! Duncraig is nice, we chose this to get in the catchment area for Duncraig Senior High. (The Duncraig Primary is a feeder school for this).
I can't give much more advice as we are soooo new ourselves but if you are coming out in Feb then think Gulf Coast Florida (e.g. Naples) but much much nicer and without the Americans.
Thanks for the good wishes!
Steve

Welcome to Duncraig

If you fancy a drink sometime drop me an e mail and we will all make arrangments to meet up.

Mags and Mark

steveyp Jan 27th 2005 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by maggy
Welcome to Duncraig

If you fancy a drink sometime drop me an e mail and we will all make arrangments to meet up.

Mags and Mark

Great thanks, running around all over the place this week, getting everthing sorted, and battling with slow as hell dial up.
Cable coming next week so hopefully thing will improve. We are in Melissa Street currently where are you?

Regards
Steve and Laura

maggy Jan 27th 2005 1:34 pm

Great thanks, running around all over the place this week, getting everthing sorted, and battling with slow as hell dial up.
Cable coming next week so hopefully thing will improve. We are in Melissa Street currently where are you?

Regards
Steve and Laura

Things will all come together soon.

We are in Cairn Avenue near Glengarry hospital