Here at last!

Old May 18th 2005, 10:46 pm
Forum Regular

Amber Nectar is on a distinguished road
Default Here at last!

Just a quick summary of our time in Oz so far:-

Arrived sunday evening (Singapore airlines great as our previous time with them, let 2 of us bring 105KG + 3 handluggage 18kg) we had been told only 40KG each.

Since arriving in Oz everything has gone well, viewed loads of properties to rent (loads of choice for all budgets even with a dog in tow), decided to rent a 4 bed brand new lowset on sunny coast. Most of the real estate agents were very nice and helpful a few did seem as if they had better things to do than show poms around properties (and heres me thinking that was their job).

Lisa has got a new job, starts on the 30th may, same day as I start my new job. Wages are less but who cares....... Im about 10/15% down on Uk and lisa is about 25% down (but we expected this because Lisa had a great payed job in UK)

Pick up new car on friday decided to stick with something familiar (astra), so we can take the hire car back to avis (got this for $26 per day).

Done loads of other things tax file number, mobiles, bank accounts, shopping visited qld transport re driving tests (decided to leave to a while after looking through drive safe book)

Lots of banter from the locals asking when the ship arrived and to look at the chain marks around our ankles

Since we arrived it has been sunny every day but gets a bit cold at night (even for poms)

If we have forgotten something that we should have done on arrival please advise

cheers
Old May 18th 2005, 10:49 pm
When?? We ask ourselves!!

andy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really nice
Default Re: Here at last!

Originally Posted by Amber Nectar
Just a quick summary of our time in Oz so far:-

Arrived sunday evening (Singapore airlines great as our previous time with them, let 2 of us bring 105KG + 3 handluggage 18kg) we had been told only 40KG each.

Since arriving in Oz everything has gone well, viewed loads of properties to rent (loads of choice for all budgets even with a dog in tow), decided to rent a 4 bed brand new lowset on sunny coast. Most of the real estate agents were very nice and helpful a few did seem as if they had better things to do than show poms around properties (and heres me thinking that was their job).

Lisa has got a new job, starts on the 30th may, same day as I start my new job. Wages are less but who cares....... Im about 10/15% down on Uk and lisa is about 25% down (but we expected this because Lisa had a great payed job in UK)

Pick up new car on friday decided to stick with something familiar (astra), so we can take the hire car back to avis (got this for $26 per day).

Done loads of other things tax file number, mobiles, bank accounts, shopping visited qld transport re driving tests (decided to leave to a while after looking through drive safe book)

Lots of banter from the locals asking when the ship arrived and to look at the chain marks around our ankles

Since we arrived it has been sunny every day but gets a bit cold at night (even for poms)

If we have forgotten something that we should have done on arrival please advise

cheers

Ohhhhhh! How exciting! Where are you

Jayne
Old May 18th 2005, 10:52 pm
Forum Regular

Amber Nectar is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by andy & jayne
Ohhhhhh! How exciting! Where are you

Jayne
currently in a short term rental in bayside (the rental is great everything new arrivals need is included even food), but we move to kawana forest (sunny coast) next wednesday.
Old May 19th 2005, 12:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Bix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Here at last - good feeling innit

Good weather in Cairns at the mo too, cool evenings and overnight then clear glorious sunshine throughout the day - heaven! (well for me anyway)

We arrived on a beautiful sunny Sunday morning end Oct 2004 after leaving the uk 2 days previous in absolute pouring rain whilst driving all the way up to Heathrow airport!

We love it here and are so glad we took up the challenge - has changed our lives so much its just brilliant!

Good luck with your new jobs - enjoy your new lives in Australia

Take care

Gill