Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

helping each other

helping each other

Old Jun 9th 2006, 11:28 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: helping each other

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
one night in Kuala Lumpur, the accommodation is paid for but we still need to get to the hotel, I dont know how far is hotel from the airport how much that is going to cost, guess dinner wont be too expensive then in the morning taxi to the airport.
Taxi from KL airport to KL centre is about £20 each way if pre-booked through your travel agent, or there is a fast modern train which you could take when you get there. The journey is 1 - 1.5 hours by taxi I remember.

Make sure you come out of the International arrivals if you pre-book a taxi. We accidentally came out of Domestic and were pounced on by taxi touts, all of which claimed to be our pre-booked taxi!

Cheers

Buzzy
Old Jun 9th 2006, 11:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: helping each other

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
hi Wendy,
I was told by a friend there is no direct route from Melbourne to Adelaide by train, I know car journey isn't practical, but this trip is keep adding up so expensive and we are not there yet.
one night in Kuala Lumpur, the accommodation is paid for but we still need to get to the hotel, I dont know how far is hotel from the airport how much that is going to cost, guess dinner wont be too expensive then in the morning taxi to the airport.
then we get to Melbourne at 7 in the evening so i guess we need to stay some where to get over the long flight, of course we have to get to Adelaide somehow, get to stay somewhere then we need car to drive around, then back to Melbourne for a week, i think i'm going to need another holiday when i get back.
so we might get to see each other in Adelaide, go for drink or more, which one are you staying so i try to get booking for that one.

Well, I'm going to go for the one I posted above at Adelaide Shores. But need to book a flight first to get the exact date. Should be doing that fairly soon, then I will arrange the accomodation.

Here is another site for you to look at re: travel http://www.australiatravelsearch.com...transport.html
Old Jun 9th 2006, 11:32 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Teliko21
The temp during the day is hovering around 16 degrees atm.

Alot of people seem to stay in the Quest serviced apartments when they first arrive in Melb. ( http://www.questapartments.com.au/ ) not sure on their pricing though.

If it was summer I would suggest you drove down the Great Ocean Road to Adelaide but you probably don't want to do it in the winter Another option would be flying and if you can be flexible on dates you might get yourself a bargain on one of the domestic airlines.
thank you i have checked them out brilliant, going to get hubby to look at them too.
see what sort of budget we need to sort out.
Old Jun 9th 2006, 11:38 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WendyC
Well, I'm going to go for the one I posted above at Adelaide Shores. But need to book a flight first to get the exact date. Should be doing that fairly soon, then I will arrange the accomodation.

Here is another site for you to look at re: travel http://www.australiatravelsearch.com...transport.html
thanks Wendy for the site, if you get to have over night stop over in one the countries on your way to oz make sure you go to your GP,to see if you need to get jab done.
we all had to have hepatitis A & typo for Malaysia.
Old Jun 9th 2006, 11:40 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks to everyone who has pm'ed me so far. I started on the list before I went to bed, (I'm in the US), and will get cracking with it again as soon as I've munched my way through a bowl of Sugar Puffs and drunk a big mug of coffee.

I'll let you all know when it's done.

Sue
Old Jun 9th 2006, 11:53 am
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE=Buzzy--Bee]Taxi from KL airport to KL centre is about £20 each way if pre-booked through your travel agent, or there is a fast modern train which you could take when you get there. The journey is 1 - 1.5 hours by taxi I remember.

Make sure you come out of the International arrivals if you pre-book a taxi. We accidentally came out of Domestic and were pounced on by taxi touts, all of which claimed to be our pre-booked taxi!

Cheers

thanks for that Buzzy Bee, its quite journey from the airport isnt it, OMG, kids are going to complain, never mind, i shall call the travel agent when i call to confrim the flight to book the taxi for us.
Old Jun 9th 2006, 2:11 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

The vampire drinks the blood...........the host becomes weak.

If he sucks too hard........there is no host left.
Old Jun 9th 2006, 2:12 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Swapping is an excellent idea especially if we leave the wives in the original house.

Well, they know where everything is don't they ?
Old Jun 9th 2006, 2:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

milliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bix
Swapping is an excellent idea especially if we leave the wives in the original house.

Well, they know where everything is don't they ?
Trust you to come out with that! One track mind
Old Jun 9th 2006, 2:19 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Originally Posted by milliesmum
Trust you to come out with that! One track mind
Well, someones gotta be able to cook our dinner.
Old Jun 9th 2006, 2:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

milliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bix
Tart!!!
Old Jun 9th 2006, 2:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix

Typical bloke LOL
I think it is a great idea house swaps, what about swapping kids?LOL
Mandy
Old Jun 9th 2006, 2:22 pm
Tiny Member

tucs is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by cranni
Right i know this will cause a bit of a stir, but i have just read a couple of threads on here, new expats starting out their new life.
Why is there no one at the other end to help them, your all good at giving advice, now put it into practice.
I have had expats come over and stay with us, and be there for them, dont you remember how hard it was at first because i do.
We are picking up a family from airport 2 hours away next week, 1 in the morning, and they will stay with us until they find somewhere.
I have found rentals for people, and just been a friendly face at the other end.
I know a lot of others help out as well, so why are there families coming over and nobody there for them. Come on lets just try and help a bit more.
Denise
Thats great, i will be arriving September 27th 1.30am 8 of us. Ones vegeterian ones a fussy s>>t the others will eat whatever they get their hands on. wont take us long to find a place to stay about a month should sort it.

thanks for putting us up
Old Jun 9th 2006, 2:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by geordie mandy
Typical bloke LOL
I think it is a great idea house swaps, what about swapping kids?LOL
Mandy
Good idea! Anyone want a 7, 4 and 1 year old?
Old Jun 9th 2006, 2:26 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Originally Posted by tucs
Thats great, i will be arriving September 27th 1.30am 8 of us. Ones vegeterian ones a fussy s>>t the others will eat whatever they get their hands on. wont take us long to find a place to stay about a month should sort it.

thanks for putting us up
You forgot to mention you are JWs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.