Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Help - worried!!!

Help - worried!!!

Old Sep 21st 2008, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

steph82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help - worried!!!

How likely are you to see snakes or spiders (or both) in and around Perth?

We are moving to Ellenbrook and that it the one thing i am really worried about as i am petrified of snakes!!

Are some areas more common than others for snakes/spiders etc?
Old Sep 21st 2008, 11:33 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help - worried!!!

Originally Posted by steph82
How likely are you to see snakes or spiders (or both) in and around Perth?

We are moving to Ellenbrook and that it the one thing i am really worried about as i am petrified of snakes!!

Are some areas more common than others for snakes/spiders etc?
We see spiders all the time. It's spring here, so it's the time of year that they hatch. After just over 2 years I still haven't seen any snakes, though. Saw a big lizard type thingy at work, though. It was very difficult to see, but it was just lying on the grass sunning itself.

Do some reasearch. Snakes rarely bother people here.
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 1:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Mumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud of

wouldn't worry about them, its the magpies what attack, got a few nesting near my kids school you only have to walk past the tree's and they swoop down at you!!!! but at least its only for a few weeks of the year they are like this

Ann
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 11:12 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mumfords
wouldn't worry about them, its the magpies what attack, got a few nesting near my kids school you only have to walk past the tree's and they swoop down at you!!!! but at least its only for a few weeks of the year they are like this

Ann
Was listening to the radion today and heard one of the announcers saying his mother used to make him go out with a plastic ice cream container on his head during magpie season.