Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

help !!!! work references

Wikiposts

help !!!! work references

Old Jan 7th 2004, 11:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

natty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to all
Default help !!!! work references

Heres another question, sorry !
We dont need points due to applying under skilled sponsored -designated area but we do need to satify the work experience for 2 out of the last 3 years.
My husband has only been in a new job for 3 months and can hardly ask his boss for a reference that visa application requires as he is still under a trial period and they would probabaly get rid of him- he was in his last job ( in the same field) for 3 years- can he just provide references from them ?
If not is there anyway he can send a copy of his original contract and all his payslisp to prove he works there and not send a letter
Any advice greatly appreciated
Nat
Old Jan 7th 2004, 11:17 pm
WBB

Default Re: help !!!! work references

Originally posted by natty
Heres another question, sorry !
We dont need points due to applying under skilled sponsored -designated area but we do need to satify the work experience for 2 out of the last 3 years.
My husband has only been in a new job for 3 months and can hardly ask his boss for a reference that visa application requires as he is still under a trial period and they would probabaly get rid of him- he was in his last job ( in the same field) for 3 years- can he just provide references from them ?
If not is there anyway he can send a copy of his original contract and all his payslisp to prove he works there and not send a letter
Any advice greatly appreciated
Nat
i'm sure he would have to go to his old employer and get references from them, could also be worth asking the new employer, just explain things and they may be ok about it.

Old Jan 7th 2004, 11:20 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by welshboybilly
i'm sure he would have to go to his old employer and get references from them, could also be worth asking the new employer, just explain things and they may be ok about it.
As others have suggested in the past, he could ask for references from his new employer, but say they are for a bank/landlord etc rather than for emigrating! Not sure what needs to be stated on the reference, ie whether the boss has to know what it's for, but might be worth a try.

Whereabouts in Cambridge are you?
Old Jan 7th 2004, 11:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

natty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to all

hi thanks for that- we hadn't thought of that -great idea !!!
we are in st ives so a few miles north of cambridge but whenver you put St ives everyone thinks you mean Cornwall !!!
Old Jan 7th 2004, 11:39 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

we are in st ives so a few miles north of cambridge but whenver you put St ives everyone thinks you mean Cornwall !!!

Not far from where I am sat now then. I work in Madingley, but live in central Camb. At last! Another Cambridge person on this forum! Where are you heading for in Oz?
Old Jan 8th 2004, 12:03 am
Account Closed

dazzac is an unknown quantity at this point

Get some headed paper and write them yourself, its not like they check the referances.
Its amazing what you can with a scanner if need be
Old Jan 8th 2004, 12:18 am
BE Enthusiast

JayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the rough

I said mine was for a bank - HR looked at me like I was a bit mental as it had to be so detailed - but they did it nevertheless. They can't really say to you 'I don't believe you' so I shouldn't worry about it.
Old Jan 8th 2004, 12:26 am
BE Enthusiast

we are hoping to go to Hobart in Tasmania despite the lack of jobs and cold winter weather !!!
My sister lives there with her husband and kids and when we visted we just fell in love with the place.
Maybe at a later date we may try Melbourne as we loved it there aswell and the job prospects are better.
Just want to get to OZ and sort everything else out later !!!
Old Jan 8th 2004, 12:29 am
She's a bird, you know

we are hoping to go to Hobart in Tasmania despite the lack of jobs and cold winter weather !!!
My sister lives there with her husband and kids and when we visted we just fell in love with the place.
Maybe at a later date we may try Melbourne as we loved it there aswell and the job prospects are better.
Just want to get to OZ and sort everything else out later !!!

Good plan, pretty much what we're doing. My partner (yuk, hate that term) is an aussie. Met in 1999, spent a year living with him in Oz, then moved back here in 2000. Applying for de facto spouse visa, hoping to go out in July/Aug. Will head back to his home town of Nundle, but after that, who knows!!!
Old Jan 8th 2004, 12:41 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by dazzac
Get some headed paper and write them yourself, its not like they check the referances.

I wonder.....do any DIMIA staff look at this website??
lets hope not.........

Old Jan 8th 2004, 3:32 am
BE Enthusiast

scottalison6 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi..had a similar prob with my last ref...I just supplied copy of contract and recent wage slips and sorted!!Hope this helps!!
Old Jan 8th 2004, 3:40 am

Richard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Gregan has a reputation beyond repute

I am sure this is tongue in cheek - coz the y sure do check the references.

Originally posted by dazzac