Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Help - who's front-loaded medicals?

Help - who's front-loaded medicals?

Old May 9th 2005, 8:45 pm

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute
Question Help - who's front-loaded medicals?

Hi fountain of knowlege out there.

I just wondered how many of you out there have front-loaded your medicals (if any).

We were planning to have ours done this Friday, but now our Agent says maybe it's worth waiting as we don't want them to go missing We haven't submitted our main application as yet and don't have a case number. We're going on a state sponsored 163.

Does anyone have any light to shed on this?

Apparently the system has now changed and the Doctors can be fined if they don't send the med docs off correctly??? Can anyone help?

Thanks all,

Jules
Old May 9th 2005, 9:01 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future
Default Re: Help - who's front-loaded medicals?

Originally Posted by julesandco

I just wondered how many of you out there have front-loaded your medicals (if any).

We were planning to have ours done this Friday, but now our Agent says maybe it's worth waiting as we don't want them to go missing We haven't submitted our main application as yet and don't have a case number. We're going on a state sponsored 163.

Apparently the system has now changed and the Doctors can be fined if they don't send the med docs off correctly??? Can anyone help?

Thanks all,

Jules
Hiya Jules,

front loaded our's, just remember you will need a big envelope

Worked ok for us, but might be woth asking someone else, I did mine @2 years ago now.

Hope it all goes well.

Bye
Mark
Old May 9th 2005, 9:08 pm

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Mark.

I know it can be done - just don't know how popular it is. I can't bear the thought of having to fork out another £800 if they go walkies!!

Jules.
Old May 9th 2005, 9:12 pm
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks all,

Jules
Jules,

Not sure how the DIMIA logging and tracking system works, but perhaps one of the Experts can shed light???

I would ask what is the point of submitting meds before they have your application? Surely a more sensible option to submit application and at the minimum wait a couple of weeks before getting medicals done and sent off??

Nicky
Old May 9th 2005, 9:22 pm
Ready to Jaunt

Starcatcher is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=julesandco]Hi fountain of knowlege out there.

My partner and daughter front-loaded their medicals last year with no problems.

With hindsight, I think would have waited - remember some panic :scared: when we thought they wouldn't be matched with the application but it all worked out okay
Old May 10th 2005, 11:26 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Starcatcher]

My partner and daughter front-loaded their medicals last year with no problems.

With hindsight, I think would have waited - remember some panic :scared: when we thought they wouldn't be matched with the application but it all worked out okay
We did ours unrequested. So long as you were given a case number with your acknowledgement there is no more risk of them going missing than if you wait for the request (note front-loading = sending with application, unrequested = send them afterwards but before request). It probably got us our visa 4-6 weeks earlier.
Old May 10th 2005, 1:40 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Its no sweat to actually have the meds this week but dont post them

About 7-12 days after your 163 arrives in adelaide they'll be able to give you ac ase number over the phone if you ring the dimia enquiry line then you can give the dR teh case number and he can send them off that way tehy'll deffo get matched up - no worries about losing them , you still cut 4-5 weeks off process...

Please do use DHL or something like fedex not the pikey post office who have no guarantees at all for anything, remember you are sending 800 pounds and 5 weeks of your life, pay the 45quid for DHL its worht it.

DIMIAs number is on this forum somewhere - try searching for 61 (the ctry code for Aus).
We frontloaded (everything in 1 envelope, 136 application, polcie checks, ) - and with hindsight would have done what ive written above.

Also -get on and do you police checks now - they can take 4-5 weeks to come back you can post them too as soon as you know your case nbr.

Remember - you only have 12mths to validate your visa frmo the date your medical (or police check) was done....

good luck.
Old May 10th 2005, 2:21 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks all,

Jules
I'm here on a 457 business sponsored, but have applied for 136 SI 11 weeks ago.

When I sent my application off for the 457, the Sydney people (LCU) lost my results - they were not with main application as that was done online.
All came good in the end, but it was scary when it happened........
I'm glad that I don't have to do that again for 136, as my meds and PCC are still valid from 457.

Cas
Old May 10th 2005, 8:18 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Please do use DHL or something like fedex not the pikey post office who have no guarantees at all for anything, remember you are sending 800 pounds and 5 weeks of your life, pay the 45quid for DHL its worht it.

hi

do you give the doctors the money to fedex/dhl them, or do you take the documents off the doctors and send them yourselves?

michelle
Old May 10th 2005, 8:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

hooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nice

Originally Posted by bun

hi

do you give the doctors the money to fedex/dhl them, or do you take the documents off the doctors and send them yourselves?

michelle
When we left the doctors, we left everything in his hands, apart from delivering the bloods to a local hospital. The cost to send our medicals to Sydney were obviously included in the price of the medicals as our doctor sent me a copy of the postage label after he had sent them with blood results.

Theresa
Old May 10th 2005, 8:46 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hooperhome
When we left the doctors, we left everything in his hands, apart from delivering the bloods to a local hospital. The cost to send our medicals to Sydney were obviously included in the price of the medicals as our doctor sent me a copy of the postage label after he had sent them with blood results.

Theresa
many thanks theresa, again!!!

michelle
Old May 10th 2005, 10:02 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

We posted our own with dhl

The only important thing is that the seal on the document / medicals request form is signed by the doctor and arrives at dimia intact - ie nobody could have opened/interfered with the document itself.