Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

help.whats the validation trip.

help.whats the validation trip.

Old Mar 23rd 2004, 5:15 pm
Just Joined

waynecambs is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face help.whats the validation trip.

oh no please don`t tell me i`ve got to fly to oz twice.
i`m terrified of doing it once.twice no chance.
i got my passport stamped 20yrs ago,will this help?
i got state sponsership as well.alls looking rosy now this.
is there any way round it?
help
cheers
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 5:18 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

AS far as I'm aware you only need to have a validation trip if you intend to come back to the UK for a while after your visa is granted. Andrew and I are not going to do a validation trip, when we go, we go.

Sarah
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 5:22 pm
Just Joined

Default phew

sarah your a life saver!
that just created a super wobble.still unsure if i`ll manage the first flight!
i`ve been advised valium but who knows.
i looked into ship travel.wow.month on a boat is both harsh and expensive.
thanks
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 5:27 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Not one for flying then?

Sarah
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 5:51 pm
Forum Regular

bored brit is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there wayne.
You are worried about having to do a validation trip. This only comes into effect if you havent entered aus 1 year after you had your medical or police checks done.
e.g. If you had your medical done on the 1st of Jan this year you have to enter australia before 1st Jan 2005 are else your visa is cancelled.
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 6:18 pm
Home at last

callé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond repute

Im glad I am not the only one terrified of flying. Came to USA many years ago, but on a ship. It was fun what I rememeber of it. But this trip will have to be by air. I've got two dogs going also and the QEII is the only ship I found to transport animals and the cost is way too much!! Scared to death but have to do it. Good luck on your flight.
calle
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 7:38 pm
Just Joined

not a flyer is an understatement!
any recommendations of drug cocktails or methods greatly appreciated!
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 8:07 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by waynecambs
When the drinks trolley comes round say "I'll have the lot please".

There are fear of flying courses and with the distances here you would do well to overcome your fear.
Old Mar 24th 2004, 12:34 am
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

What's the fear? Crashing? Getting lost? NOT being asked to become a member of the Mile High Club...?

I find flying fun (bet ya hate me! ) But then, I was an air courier in my mis-spent youth. Made hundreds of flights. Never crashed once.

Check the stats - you're safer in the air than you are crossing the road outside your house. Bet you don't have the same fear of getting on a bus or boat.
Old Mar 24th 2004, 12:55 am
wombat42

You have nothing to worry about untill the four nervous looking
Arab guys sitting next to the cockpit door start shouting
"Allah is Great".

Old Mar 24th 2004, 12:58 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: phew

sarah your a life saver!
thanks
On one of my recent trips, I was sitting next to a couple and the wife was taking valium for the trip. She said it really helped. Just half a tablet was all she needed.

Old Mar 24th 2004, 6:08 am
Forum Regular

buglegirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: phew

sarah your a life saver!
thanks

...leave valium alone. I have extreme fear of flying and tried it. It made me worse. I have, however, discovered a drug called avamine. It is actually a travel sickness drug but it really calms you down. You can buy it from superdrug. It got me here
BG
Old Mar 24th 2004, 8:08 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Diazepam got me to nz I hate flying soooo much. but must admit after 24 hours in the air not counting stops I had got pretty laid back about it all. Ps if you take drugs you cant touch the alchohol
Old Mar 24th 2004, 9:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Jimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant future

Hi - We are doing our validation trip to Sydney in April - I booked the cheapest convienient flights available with JAL online. When it came to choosing seats I nearly fell off my chair when I saw smoking seats available on the drop down menu!! Obviously travelling with my family we'll be near the front of non-smoking, but the prospect of being able to have a puff on those long flights at the back has reduced my stress levels enormously - no more patches and shouting at the kids !!