Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Help - we're doomed!!!!!!!

Help - we're doomed!!!!!!!

Old Jul 18th 2005, 5:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to behold
Unhappy Help - we're doomed!!!!!!!

We're off to Oz next week.Hubby 's just got back from the doctors today with fluid on the knee - he's been given strong antibiotics and told that if it doesn't clear he'll need hospital. Bloke across the road just told me a horror story of his mate nearly loosing his leg with same thing on a flight to U.S (cheers for that)Feels like we're doomed!!!!!!!!Anybody had anything similar.We've worked every hour God sends in overtime for this holiday.Feeling totally crap.
Any words of wisdom ?
Anyone claimed on argos travel insurance before?
Make me feel better
Cheers
Nick
Old Jul 18th 2005, 8:02 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help - we're doomed!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Nick11
We're off to Oz next week.Hubby 's just got back from the doctors today with fluid on the knee - he's been given strong antibiotics and told that if it doesn't clear he'll need hospital. Bloke across the road just told me a horror story of his mate nearly loosing his leg with same thing on a flight to U.S (cheers for that)Feels like we're doomed!!!!!!!!Anybody had anything similar.We've worked every hour God sends in overtime for this holiday.Feeling totally crap.
Any words of wisdom ?
Anyone claimed on argos travel insurance before?
Make me feel better
Cheers
Nick
Hope hubby gets well soon would you be able to upgrade you flight so he can keep the leg straight (maybe check with a doc 1st though ) best o luck!
Old Jul 21st 2005, 4:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to behold
Smile Re: Help - we're doomed!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Perthforme
Hope hubby gets well soon would you be able to upgrade you flight so he can keep the leg straight (maybe check with a doc 1st though ) best o luck!

Hubby's knee turned out to be a bacterial infection caused by a bite!!!!Strong antibiotics seem to be working.Bloody typical he says to get bit by one of your bloody own.
Feeling much more positive about going to Oz next week.Break up tomorrow - no kids for 6 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jul 21st 2005, 4:29 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Hubby's knee turned out to be a bacterial infection caused by a bite!!!!Strong antibiotics seem to be working.Bloody typical he says to get bit by one of your bloody own.
Feeling much more positive about going to Oz next week.Break up tomorrow - no kids for 6 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
there you go worry for nothing!!

Glad he's ok
Old Jul 21st 2005, 4:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by bridiej
there you go worry for nothing!!

Glad he's ok

My cup is always half full mate!!
Old Jul 21st 2005, 4:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

My cup is always half full mate!!
Sorry meant to say half empty.
Old Jul 21st 2005, 4:35 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

no kids for 6 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've got two you can have if you suffer withdrawal symptoms :scared: They're lovely, honest, especially when with someone other than their mother. Will only nag for an ipod every five minutes.
Old Jul 21st 2005, 4:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by moneypen20
I've got two you can have if you suffer withdrawal symptoms :scared: They're lovely, honest, especially when with someone other than their mother. Will only nag for an ipod every five minutes.

Snap. one will play Mcfly til my migraine comes on,the other one thinks he's a power ranger - God help anyone out there who's off to Brisbane next Wednesday from Manchester,they'll be wanting their money back !!!!!!!
Old Jul 21st 2005, 5:50 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Glad all ok

Have a great trip
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 6:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Perthforme
Glad all ok

Have a great trip
Cheers mate
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 6:51 pm
Jammy Dodger

floss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nice
Talking Re: Help - we're doomed!!!!!!!

We're flying Cathay Pacific to Hong Kong (from Heathrow) next Tuesday night.... going on to Brisbane on Friday...... We'll have 3 children - and if my son's current over-excitement is anything to go by it will be a loooooooooooooooooong flight!!! So, feel free to borrow one if you get withdrawl symptoms!
Old Jul 25th 2005, 3:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by floss
We're flying Cathay Pacific to Hong Kong (from Heathrow) next Tuesday night.... going on to Brisbane on Friday...... We'll have 3 children - and if my son's current over-excitement is anything to go by it will be a loooooooooooooooooong flight!!! So, feel free to borrow one if you get withdrawl symptoms!

Just been to cinema with kids(they're bored already)All the cinema was deadly quite when little un screamed - 'we goin to Australia after this film mummy' keep tellin him only 2 more get ups to Oz!!!As I said God help the people on our flight on Wednesday - they'll get no sleep!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jul 25th 2005, 8:00 pm
Jammy Dodger

floss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nice
Talking Re: Help - we're doomed!!!!!!!

Just been to cinema with kids(they're bored already)All the cinema was deadly quite when little un screamed - 'we goin to Australia after this film mummy' keep tellin him only 2 more get ups to Oz!!!As I said God help the people on our flight on Wednesday - they'll get no sleep!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is very weird..(cue weird sounding music??).. I've been searching for your thread all day..... because we are off tomorrow ( ) and yesterday, all of a sudden, I woke up with a couple of really sore spots on my shin... got more sore, red, itchy, and burning.... ended up being referred by the pharmacist to the doctor, and it's a "funny bite"????? Is there some bizarre type of spider going around 'testing' people out to see if they'll suit the Australian life??? What's going on - okay, I admit, I get eaten alive by mossies or midges, but this is a completely different type of bite!!!!

Anyway, at least the itching will give me something else to thing about other that how INCREDIBLY over-excited, over-wrought, and IRRITATING my children are being.... and we don't leave for another 21 hours!!!!!

And this is only a taster.... god help us if/when we make the final move!!!!!!! :scared: