Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

HELP!! Visa info for police training??

HELP!! Visa info for police training??

Old Jun 20th 2013, 10:00 pm
Just Joined

kelly stagg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default HELP!! Visa info for police training??

Hello

My husband is doing his assesments soon for WA police force.

We have 3 children, 2 are in school and i am unsure of how the visas work.

Does the whole family have to go while he is training?
Do we have to activate them in a certain time frame??

ALOT of questions i know!!

THanks for any help!!
Old Jun 20th 2013, 10:29 pm
Forum Regular

Fathead has a brilliant futureFathead has a brilliant futureFathead has a brilliant futureFathead has a brilliant futureFathead has a brilliant futureFathead has a brilliant future
Default Re: HELP!! Visa info for police training??

Hi there

No not everyone has to go at the same time, he is the main applicant and so can go first, you can follow. There is an expiry upon when you need to be in oz to activate though.

Pm if want to ask anything else
Old Jun 20th 2013, 10:34 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Fathead
Hi there

No not everyone has to go at the same time, he is the main applicant and so can go first, you can follow. There is an expiry upon when you need to be in oz to activate though.

Pm if want to ask anything else
Thank you!!

I tried to pm you but i am new to this site and i think i have to make a few more posts before i am allowed.

Is the activation period different for every visa? Do we pay the £3060 visa fee for him to do the training?

I really appreciate your help!!
Old Jun 20th 2013, 10:47 pm
Forum Regular

Fathead has a brilliant futureFathead has a brilliant futureFathead has a brilliant futureFathead has a brilliant futureFathead has a brilliant futureFathead has a brilliant future

Not sure about different visas if assume they were all the same?!

You need to pay up for the visa before anything. You'll get a provisional offer from WAPOL after testing etc then pay and apply for your visa (beware prices are really changing (for the worse) on 1st July), get that granted then WAPOL will offer a contract etc. the visa is activated as soon as land, I'm unsure if your hubby does that for all of you when he lands (as he's the visa holder in effect, your added on) or you do it individually. Either way you get longer than the course.

How long were you planning on staying in UK before you moved? Sorry to be nosey but is there any reason to? Training isn't residential.
Old Jun 20th 2013, 10:54 pm
Just Joined

Thank you for this u are answering alot of worries!

We have 2 children at school so they would be the ONLY reason to stay in England while his training.
I don't want to lose their places at school and put them in a new school if we have to leave because he failed the training :-(

So I was thinking I would stay in England with the kids. If he passed I would fly over asap.

So all our visas would need to be applied for when he goes on training? And we get 3 months to activate them??
Old Jun 20th 2013, 11:07 pm
Forum Regular

When you go to the open day they'll explain alot. Only 1 person had ever failed who has gone over and they still employed them in another role.

I have 2 also and we are all going together, one big adventure! After all you'll have your visa whatever!!!

Your hubby is the main applicant any it's him that applies, you are all added on as family. I believe as long as he goes and activates, you can go at the same time or after if you wish. I think my visa has about 6 months activation on it.
Old Jun 21st 2013, 4:21 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Lots of info in the Police forum as well