Reload this Page >

Help with Visa info!

Help with Visa info!

Old Jul 10th 2005, 7:22 pm
Just Joined

weymouth1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help with Visa info!

Hi Guys and girls,

Hope that you can help me. I am 29 years old and works as a sales manager for a sunglass company in the UK. Can somebody inform me if they know, what is the longest that I can stay in Australia with my family without immigrating or getting any form of employment.
We will have plenty of money for our trip, and friends in Sydney to stay with and use as sponsors or referees, but am not sure what the maximum time scales would be.
Any help at all would be appreciated.

Cheers

Ben and family
Old Jul 10th 2005, 7:29 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help with Visa info!

Originally Posted by weymouth1
Hi Guys and girls,

Hope that you can help me. I am 29 years old and works as a sales manager for a sunglass company in the UK. Can somebody inform me if they know, what is the longest that I can stay in Australia with my family without immigrating or getting any form of employment.
We will have plenty of money for our trip, and friends in Sydney to stay with and use as sponsors or referees, but am not sure what the maximum time scales would be.

Cheers

Ben and family
Hi Ben,
I think initially it is 3 months on your holiday visa, then you can extend it, whilst you are there (in most cases)

You need to go to the DIMIA website and have a search around. Hope this helps

http://www.immi.gov.au/index.htm
Old Jul 10th 2005, 7:34 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help with Visa info!

Originally Posted by weymouth1
Hi Guys and girls,

Cheers

Ben and family
Hi Ben

Without immigrating or getting a job the longest you can stay is:

With an ETA a person is allowed to stay in Australia for up to 3 months
http://www.immi.gov.au/facts/55eta.htm

A Tourist visa allows a stay of up to 12 months, depending on the reason for your visit and your ability to support yourself during your stay in Australia
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/983i.pdf

A Sponsored Family Visitor visa (subclass 679) provides for a standard period of stay of up to three months, but a stay of up to 12 months may be granted in certain circumstances. To apply for this visa, you must be outside Australia and have an eligible sponsor.
http://www.immi.gov.au/facts/54sponsored.htm

Hope that helps!

Claire
x