Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Help us reassure our 17 year old son.......

Help us reassure our 17 year old son.......

Old Apr 7th 2007, 11:39 am
Forum Regular

mrsdevilishdean is just really nicemrsdevilishdean is just really nicemrsdevilishdean is just really nicemrsdevilishdean is just really nicemrsdevilishdean is just really nicemrsdevilishdean is just really nicemrsdevilishdean is just really nicemrsdevilishdean is just really nice
Smile Help us reassure our 17 year old son.......

Hi everyone!!!

Well we are getting nearer to the big move now, exchanged contracts on the house last thursday, move out on 18th April, due to fly out 1st May....
Our son is very positive about the move and very excited but also very nervous (understandibly, he has a lot of friends here!!)
We know he will be absolutely fine as he is good fun and easily mixes with people and we are sure it wont be long before he has a great group of (new) friends again
It would be nice though, to get some POSITIVE feedback from any of you people out there, who maybe have children of a similar age who have recenty gone through the same experience.......

Thanks
Old Apr 7th 2007, 11:55 am
Hilton`s

Hilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to all
Default Re: Help us reassure our 17 year old son.......

Originally Posted by mrsdevilishdean
Hi everyone!!!

Well we are getting nearer to the big move now, exchanged contracts on the house last thursday, move out on 18th April, due to fly out 1st May....
Our son is very positive about the move and very excited but also very nervous (understandibly, he has a lot of friends here!!)
We know he will be absolutely fine as he is good fun and easily mixes with people and we are sure it wont be long before he has a great group of (new) friends again
It would be nice though, to get some POSITIVE feedback from any of you people out there, who maybe have children of a similar age who have recenty gone through the same experience.......

Thanks
When we came out to Oz nearly 17 months ago, neither of our 2 sons, then aged 15 and 17, wanted to leave their friends. I have to admit it was hard for them at first but they both went to school, even though the 17 year old had left school in the UK and was in his 2nd year at college and have both made good friends and settled really well. The aussie kids seem to be really friendly and welcoming and the way of life is fantastic for kids/teens.

Good Luck.

Tracey x
Old Apr 7th 2007, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

yes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to all

Hi everyone!!!

Thanks

you've never got a 17 yr old son !
Old Apr 7th 2007, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

mrsdevilishdean is just really nicemrsdevilishdean is just really nicemrsdevilishdean is just really nicemrsdevilishdean is just really nicemrsdevilishdean is just really nicemrsdevilishdean is just really nicemrsdevilishdean is just really nicemrsdevilishdean is just really nice
Smile Re: Help us reassure our 17 year old son.......

Originally Posted by yes of course
you've never got a 17 yr old son !
Old Apr 7th 2007, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Hilton`s
When we came out to Oz nearly 17 months ago, neither of our 2 sons, then aged 15 and 17, wanted to leave their friends. I have to admit it was hard for them at first but they both went to school, even though the 17 year old had left school in the UK and was in his 2nd year at college and have both made good friends and settled really well. The aussie kids seem to be really friendly and welcoming and the way of life is fantastic for kids/teens.

Good Luck.

Tracey x
Thanks Tracey, our son is at college at the moment and is keen to get straight back into education over in Oz, it's the best place to meet new friends!
I'm hoping he never looks back, it will be an amazing experience/opportunity for him.
Where abouts in Oz do you live?

Jayne x
Old Apr 7th 2007, 1:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Thanks Tracey, our son is at college at the moment and is keen to get straight back into education over in Oz, it's the best place to meet new friends!
I'm hoping he never looks back, it will be an amazing experience/opportunity for him.

Jayne x
My 2 boys were 13 and 17 when we got here. The 17 year old did take a bit longer to settle down.............but he is fine now!!! Says he would never live in the UK again. Where are you off to??
Old Apr 7th 2007, 1:08 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
My 2 boys were 13 and 17 when we got here. The 17 year old did take a bit longer to settle down.............but he is fine now!!! Says he would never live in the UK again. Where are you off to??

Thanks Sandra,

We are heading for Brisbane, possibly to the Gold Coast but nothing definate yet. Where have you settled? How long have you been here?

Jayne x
Old Apr 7th 2007, 1:09 pm
Forum Regular

Talking Re: Help us reassure our 17 year old son.......

Thanks Sandra,

We are heading for Brisbane, possibly to the Gold Coast but nothing definate yet. Where have you settled? How long have you been here?

Jayne x
Doh! Just noticed you are in Perth
Old Apr 7th 2007, 2:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Doh! Just noticed you are in Perth
Yep, Perth!!!
Been here almost 3 years now, eldest son is 20. Works full time, has his own car, and been with his girl for 2 years now. Says he would never have achieved all this in the UK. Youngest is 16 in a few weeks. Doing very, very well at school, trains 3 times a week at kick boxing and is now almost a black belt!!!
Old Apr 7th 2007, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
Yep, Perth!!!
Been here almost 3 years now, eldest son is 20. Works full time, has his own car, and been with his girl for 2 years now. Says he would never have achieved all this in the UK. Youngest is 16 in a few weeks. Doing very, very well at school, trains 3 times a week at kick boxing and is now almost a black belt!!!
Fantastic That's the kind of stuff I want to hear! I will pass that news on to my son
Old Apr 7th 2007, 11:13 pm
Hilton`s

Hilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to all

Jayne x
We live in Pacific Pines on the Gold Coast.

Tracey x
Old Apr 8th 2007, 5:28 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

reassurance....let me think...for a 17 year old...

TANNED BIKINI CLAD SURFER CHICKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enough said I think
Old Apr 8th 2007, 6:06 am

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Centurion
reassurance....let me think...for a 17 year old...

TANNED BIKINI CLAD SURFER CHICKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enough said I think
Hey, you don't need to be 17 to appreciate this Aussie phenomenon!

Old Apr 8th 2007, 7:46 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Hilton`s
We live in Pacific Pines on the Gold Coast.

Tracey x
Great news might need to look you up when we land, be nice for Ben (my son) to have someone his age to chat to. We have even been looking at houses in Pacific Pines, is there plenty for teenagers to do there?
Jayne x
Old Apr 8th 2007, 7:50 am
Forum Regular

Thanks to Centurion and FluffytheCampfireSlayer
that is VERY positive feedback which I know my son will appreciate in fact..........yes.......I can hear him packing his case as I type

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.