Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Help uploading files to The Box

Help uploading files to The Box

Old Jun 30th 2011, 3:19 am
BE Enthusiast

DaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to all
Default Help uploading files to The Box

My daughter has been downloading programmes from The Box and is now required to upload some files but doesn't know how to do this on her Apple Mac. Can anyone point us in the right direction please?
Old Jun 30th 2011, 4:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help uploading files to The Box

Originally Posted by DaveandLinda
My daughter has been downloading programmes from The Box and is now required to upload some files but doesn't know how to do this on her Apple Mac. Can anyone point us in the right direction please?
What she has to do is keep the files that she has downloaded in her Torrent Program and keep that program open 24/7....

To Keep up The Box's quotas you need to keep your computer open all the time. Dont download anything for a while... If she has removed the programs from Utorrent place the programs in the Utorrent download folder again and download the programs again... they should just say checking... if so proceed with the download as the program is only checking what has already been downloaded and will begin to seed what is already on your computer. Dont download the TV programs again if Utorrent doesnt give you the "Checking" prompt. If it doesnt give you that prompt it means the files are in the wrong folder.

Someone maybe able to explain the above more concisely than me. If your not prepared to keep your comp open all the time... then pay the fees they ask for or leave the box.

I never turn this computer off... unless someone turns it off without my knowledge. I'm now running at a ratio of 3 to 1 .... its taken me about 8months to get to that figure. I'm banking as much as I can so I can run off The Box when the Foxtel dish comes off my roof when my Renos start in earnest.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Jun 30th 2011 at 4:27 am.
Old Jun 30th 2011, 4:25 am
BE Enthusiast

DaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to all

Many thanks for the speedy reply. We will give it a go.
Old Jun 30th 2011, 4:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

It will be interesting if this thread topic is allowed to stay open. thread Topics featuring "The Box" .usually get closed and I'm not sure why.

I thought it was a totally legal site ?
Old Jun 30th 2011, 4:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by DaveandLinda
Many thanks for the speedy reply. We will give it a go.

Quickest fix will be to pay the minimum fee and from that point on keep your Utorrent program on all the time. Just copy what you've downloaded to another location and watch the shows from that point on. No way will they close your account if you pay them cash. Probably worth a one off payment 25 Dollars or 15 quid..... especially if you never have to pay again.

Quickest way to get your ratio in plus mode is to search for TV shows that are the most downloaded and download a couple of those....(even if you dont want to watch them) and leave those open.... Do not download anything in High Def or large files for a while. Dont Download anything until you get close to 1 to 1. and sit there for a while.
Old Jun 30th 2011, 6:36 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Quickest fix will be to pay the minimum fee and from that point on keep your Utorrent program on all the time. Just copy what you've downloaded to another location and watch the shows from that point on. No way will they close your account if you pay them cash. Probably worth a one off payment 25 Dollars or 15 quid..... especially if you never have to pay again.

Quickest way to get your ratio in plus mode is to search for TV shows that are the most downloaded and download a couple of those....(even if you dont want to watch them) and leave those open.... Do not download anything in High Def or large files for a while. Dont Download anything until you get close to 1 to 1. and sit there for a while.
Things like Coronation Street and Eastenders are 'free' to download but count towards your upload quota too (anything with 'free' after the title is the same) - downloading the most recent episodes will help get a ratio back in the positive.
Old Jun 30th 2011, 7:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Dreamy
Things like Coronation Street and Eastenders are 'free' to download but count towards your upload quota too (anything with 'free' after the title is the same) - downloading the most recent episodes will help get a ratio back in the positive.
I wasnt sure whether that was the case or not... probably definitely the way to go then.

My biggest uploads are things like Planet Earth, and Richard Hammonds Invisible Worlds.... The Little Britain series did wonders for my uploads as well.